CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SouthCGC
No Curse
18IsTheMan
GoldenSpur7
everhopefulfan
Cocks N Stuff
Spurrier_Superior_On
GamecockUltimate
lake-cityCOCK89
peterlemon
My Observations Abou (1565)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1535)
Step back from the l (1149)
My outside view (891)
How far do we fall.. (768)
Shon Carson at KR (672)
Gurley lined up to t (640)
Shaq Roland (629)
Who else wants to se (605)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (471)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
What's your take on our a
Does anyone else think th
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
Gurley lined up to take U
Looking ahead to UGA
aTm vs Clemson
My Observations About USC
Is anybody still optimist
Confused fan here. Why i

Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
aceum1234
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
aceum1234 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Tanner McEvoy

He only led the spring game in passing yards and touchdowns,can`t understand why the staff would be down on him?
aceum1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #22
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

I wish he woulda stuck it out. He could be very much in the mix right now imo.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Are you guys serious? This kid quit because according to the staff wasn't putting in the effort. Now I know we aren't aware of everything but at the very least this kid made a commitment and quit on us. Plus to me this is another example of why we dont have a qb. It doesn't seem to me that either ga or spurrier is evaluating these guys appropriately. It was a waste of a scholarship and he took someone else's spot that year who could have actually produced.

The operative word in everything you said is kid. Are you going to wish ill of a kid for the rest of his life because he went through a lazy streak. If so, please don't ever have kids of your own...
Old 10-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #24
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cocks 29 View Post
The operative word in everything you said is kid. Are you going to wish ill of a kid for the rest of his life because he went through a lazy streak. If so, please don't ever have kids of your own...
Not wishing ill will but also not going to glorify him either. Let's see how supportive everyone is when he comes out and goes to another SEC school.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #25
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I have to wonder at times if it's not our coaching staff that has something to do with our qb situation. I mean this guy had all the tools, and he leaves and is lighting it up in JUCO? Come on. Now he'll probably transfer to Clemson or something.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Quiter
Just as you were in the 1st grade on the day the class learned to spell quitter.

Have some class and be happy for the kid. He's actually getting to play now.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #27
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Yeah Coach Tanner might have helped Tanner decide on his immediant future after the underage drinking. He was not drunk, just too young. I remember Steve saying it was Tanner vs. Tanner.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #28
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

If he would have stayed he would have got to play. I do think he kinda bailed when he was called on the carpet.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #29
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

If he bails that easily, he isnt tough enough to be on the field in the first place. Peace brotha.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #30
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984 View Post
Just as you were in the 1st grade on the day the class learned to spell quitter.

Have some class and be happy for the kid. He's actually getting to play now.
Thanks spell check.

The truth isn't always classy. The kid would have the prime opportunity to play this year at a SEC school, but he's tearing it up at a Junior College. Good job.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #31
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

If the offensive coordinator wants to run a drop back passing scheme, it seems to me that he needs to recruit personnel for that scheme. We would have done much better the last two weeks letting connor run the zone read.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #32
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29795000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
This kid quit because according to the staff wasn't putting in the effort. Now I know we aren't aware of everything but at the very least this kid made a commitment and quit on us. It doesn't seem to me that either ga or spurrier is evaluating these guys appropriately. It was a waste of a scholarship and he took someone else's spot that year who could have actually produced.
That's an interesting take, I've never heard that he wasn't "putting in effort."

My understanding is that the issues ran deeper. Yes, he was a project because he only had 1 year of HS QB experience,, but he was extremely athletic.

Taking the garnet colored glasses off, for whatever reason we haven't developed a solid, consistent QB that can play the position the way SOS wants him to.

Yes, Tanner was 5th string, and realistically that played a big part in his transferring. He also may have been "encouraged" to leave after his alcohol incident partly because we're going to have smaller numbers scholly wise for a couple of years. He needed to be taking snaps to continue his development. And now, surprise, surprise, he's getting snaps and he's lighting it up.

I'm not impressed with our QB development, compared to other programs. Shaw's a great leader and a true warrior for playing with that bad shouilder, but quite honestly...there are a lot of QB's throughout the country who can distribute the ball, and they're not all 4 and 5 star guys. We're in year 8 of the SOS experience, and we're still struggling to find "that guy" who can do it the way the HBC wants him to.

It's going to be interesting to see how Tanner progresses, and how he does after moving back up to a bigger program. If he winds up being a great college QB for someone else, it'll be a huge indictment of our QB development.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #33
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
That's an interesting take, I've never heard that he wasn't "putting in effort."

My understanding is that the issues ran deeper. Yes, he was a project because he only had 1 year of HS QB experience,, but he was extremely athletic.

Taking the garnet colored glasses off, for whatever reason we haven't developed a solid, consistent QB that can play the position the way SOS wants him to.

Yes, Tanner was 5th string, and realistically that played a big part in his transferring. He also may have been "encouraged" to leave after his alcohol incident partly because we're going to have smaller numbers scholly wise for a couple of years. He needed to be taking snaps to continue his development. And now, surprise, surprise, he's getting snaps and he's lighting it up.

I'm not impressed with our QB development, compared to other programs. Shaw's a great leader and a true warrior for playing with that bad shouilder, but quite honestly...there are a lot of QB's throughout the country who can distribute the ball, and they're not all 4 and 5 star guys. We're in year 8 of the SOS experience, and we're still struggling to find "that guy" who can do it the way the HBC wants him to.

It's going to be interesting to see how Tanner progresses, and how he does after moving back up to a bigger program. If he winds up being a great college QB for someone else, it'll be a huge indictment of our QB development.
I just remember around the time there were interviews where the coaches said something to the point of he wasn't putting in the effort to be a qb....not sure exactly what that meant and can't remember the exact quote either.

The problem right now with Spurrier is that until he has a producing qb he is going to be judged, at least for his time at SC, by the failure of Garcia. He and the staff put all their eggs in that basket for a few seasons (sometimes not by choice but lack of options) and now there's Shaw.

I completely agree that either evaluation of qb talent or the coaching is where things are going wrong.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #34
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Tanner did get discouraged while here because of where he was on the depth chart, and began to be a little lackluster in his efforts. With Shaw and Dylan ahead of him, and Noso and Mitch on the horizon, he thought that he needed to go somewhere that really needed him. I don't blame him for trying to do what he thinks is best for himself. Experienced players were going to be in front of him until he was a senior, and hotshot recruits were going to be on his tail the whole time. And with the scholarship restrictions coming up, the coaches were ok with letting him go.

Trust me, its a couple of years away, but whoever wins the Noso / Mitch qb battle will be what we have been looking for.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #35
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Ok aside from a SINGLE poster questioning his toughness, Emery and co haven't said anything negative about the kid yet aside from the fact that yes, he did quit.

Don't be such babies. This isn't cause for a Mike Gundy rant. The young man didn't work out, he left USC, and fortunately he is, and hopefully will continue, to find success on the field.

My goodness, are some of you so stuck on this guy's knob that you wanna make criticism out of passive comments??

Either way, best of luck to Tanner!
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #36
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

Name:  md7cyp-md7cy50923awcfootball8475web.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  27.0 KB

Tanner's team lost their championship game and and are now headed to a bowl game.Looks like he did ok on the season going 7-2.He played in 9 games, passing he was 143 out of 212 for 2,056yds with 25tds 5int.He also rushed 82 times for 414yds and 6tds.I might be wrong, but it appears he is still sporting some gamecock cleats.Also I noticed he has former Southern Cal 5star WR Markeith Ambles and former Vol TE Cameron Clear to throw the ball to.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...le.html?pg=all

Last edited by garnetchicken; 11-14-2012 at 09:57 AM.
garnetchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #37
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I might be wrong, but it appears he is still sporting some gamecock cleats
either that or his new school (which also appears to be wearing UA gear) was also provided with some of the camo cleats.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #38
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
How do you define quit? It seems what he did matches the definition pretty well.
I've never read anything about him not putting in the effort either film or in practice....ever. He ran the scout team well enough last year to score on the defensive 1's consistently. Perhaps he got mad because the coaches blew the drinking issue he had in NC out of proportion since what he did isn't against the law in SC. Perhaps he left because he just didn't see himself getting on the field for a couple of years. None of us knows. But calling him a quitter when you don't know the facts is bullshit.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

https://www.azwestern.edu/student_se...rticle_id=2465

Quote:
Yuma, Arizona November 26, 2012 Arizona Western College is proud to announce that AWC Football player Tanner McEvoy (MAK-eh-voy) has been named as the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #40
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Well congrats Tanner...hope you stay out west and don't come play against us.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote