CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Acockolypse Now
MACXIMVS
b381l
uscjeremynca
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
Spurticus
Lonnie
auslander
Blake McClain (1176)
What ever happened t (1027)
Fall Camp. (604)
The Believer - Spurr (447)
Clowney's Madden Rat (345)
This is why I gave u (324)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (297)
Daily Dose of Food P (275)
2016 - B.J. Emmons (267)
Ebola Outbreak (231)
Backup QB competition
Green and Lammons
Bonefish Grill
Tupelo Honey Cafe
2014 Preseason USA Today/
2014-15 Premier League se
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
2015 Commitment - A.J. Tu
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Zack Bailey

Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #41
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Question for Band Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCock View Post
They played it last Saturday.. I like hearing them play it... just don't like the real song.
I missed that one. oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfucius View Post
I like the white uniforms. They really stand out and are very sharp. I like the fact that she added more soosa...susa...suusa....tubas (maybe not technically tubas, but I can't spell the other word).

BTW, they play across the street in the farmer's market before the game and it's a great experience...they line up on some kind of a rounded platform and the Coquettes are there. My daughter and I were on the front row of standing spectators and we were right in the middle and the sound was unbelieveable! Makes you appreciate the band! Also, they've changed up some of their marching cadences with the drums. Very cool.
sousa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Sandstorm2001, I'm glad Cocky's 2001 hasn't been eliminated. I just don't see it in the pregame any longer and unfortunately my seats are where I can't hear the band much.

You guys are doing a far better job, but I do miss Krypton, Cocky's 2001 in the pregame, and the trumpet Go Cocks cheer.

Am I crazy by thinking "Go Carolina" is a tad bit slower?
I'm not in the band, just a music major with lots of friends in the band. It wouldn't surprise me if Phillips slowed the tempo on Go Carolina some, and I think there might be times that they make a point of playing it very slow, but I might just be imagining things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
It's the last chord. Until the trumpets can get it right, they won't play it again. I don't think we got it right more than one time in the 4 years I was in band. The rest of the song sounds fine and is probably the easiest song in the repertoire to actually play.
I was thinking more about how it sounds like Ba dum ba dum-dum -dum *flaisfoaisjdaskj* BUM BUM....I'll assume you know the cheer well enough to know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scz71864 View Post
For the love of God why are we not loud???? Georgia's band shits on us. I also remember when Troy came. They had a legit band. Loud and fun.
The band is plenty louder than it was two years ago and getting louder every year. Last year tennessee's fans got on their boards after the game to complain that our band covered theirs up the entire game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Then you should try garnet.

Seriously, hang your head in shame. You should be forced to donate your cockycash to a charitable organization.
lol. I was thinking more "red and green" than "garnet and black." Forgive me.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #42
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
They are loud if you are sitting in the west stands. They just don't face the students so its not loud to us.
I havent sat in the student section all year. I sit in the west stands

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #43
uscjd2004
The Voice of Reason

Male

CockyCash: 2200
uscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
For the love of God why are we not loud???? Georgia's band shits on us. I also remember when Troy came. They had a legit band. Loud and fun.
Not true. You haven't paid attention to the increased volume level for the past two years.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #44
Flips
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I was thinking more about how it sounds like Ba dum ba dum-dum -dum *flaisfoaisjdaskj* BUM BUM....I'll assume you know the cheer well enough to know what I'm talking about.
We had practiced that to make sure that it sounded clearer than it had been, but we still never hit the chord right. This was McKeithen's last year, I'm guessing she just hasn't brought it back much, if at all.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
I havent sat in the student section all year. I sit in the west stands
Dang dude forgot about that.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #46
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Is it true that the trombone players get the most nookie?
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #47
CockyStar
Walk On

Female

CockyStar has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
How often do you guys get laid on average?
Well, this one time at band camp...
CockyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #48
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjd2004 View Post
Not true. You haven't paid attention to the increased volume level for the past two years.
Also, Troy has one of the best bands in the country. Comparing our rebuilding to their sustained awesomeness is silly.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
Jonboy345
Android or die

Male

Jonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Is it true that the trombone players get the most nookie?
Obviously bored out of my mind to have found this post, but I'm just going to laugh and say no.
Jonboy345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #50
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy345 View Post
Obviously bored out of my mind to have found this post, but I'm just going to laugh and say no.
is it true the sousaphone players have big horns?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #51
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Here is a question:

Why is the "voice" of the band such a d-bag on the mic?

He is TERRIBLE!

(I love that this is my biggest complaint about the band. Everything else is much improved.)
Old 11-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #52
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
I also wish the band would move to the endzone again. To me it seems like more in the stadium can hear the band. I sit in section 19 and they are impossible to hear at times because they are directed in the opposite direction.

Hopefully some seats will come up next year where I can get closer to the band.

By no means am I complaining b/c I know those kids work very hard at what they are doing. So please do not take it that way.
I hated it when the band was in the endzone. They seemed much quieter. Maybe it's just me, though.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #53
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 250
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

The band works hard waaay before kickoff and stays late and plays some Fantastic music post game. Do they ever get a break? I mean, you know, a "pit" stop??
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #54
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
The band works hard waaay before kickoff and stays late and plays some Fantastic music post game. Do they ever get a break? I mean, you know, a "pit" stop??
They get a nice little 5 minute meal after halftime! That is their break
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #55
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
They get a nice little 5 minute meal after halftime! That is their break
A salty hot dog and a bottle of water, at least it was when I did it.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #56
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Bands doing a great job this year!

Here's an idea, love the way the bass drums are lined up in the stands, make it so some of them spell out "Cocks"
Old 11-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #57
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post
A salty hot dog and a bottle of water, at least it was when I did it.
They got rid of the hot dogs and started giving them a half a firehouse sub. There were several instances of kids getting hotdogs with moldy buns and when Ray saw the pictures he stepped up to the plate to fix the problem. This is what I was told by a friend that's in the marching band after the game this past Saturday.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #58
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
They got rid of the hot dogs and started giving them a half a firehouse sub. There were several instances of kids getting hotdogs with moldy buns and when Ray saw the pictures he stepped up to the plate to fix the problem. This is what I was told by a friend that's in the marching band after the game this past Saturday.
That's unfortunate. The soggy weiners were an integral part of my marching band experience.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #59
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 is sharpening his clawsBlackMagic84 is sharpening his clawsBlackMagic84 is sharpening his clawsBlackMagic84 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Troy's band director is actually a Newberry College graduate
Uh...no.

http://music.troy.edu/faculty-staff/walker.html
Old 11-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #60
uscjd2004
The Voice of Reason

Male

CockyCash: 2200
uscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
I just hope we can get the chant for neck going too.
lol. Yep.