CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
B-G
thekob
Spurticus
GarnetSwarm1990
MWard
Aggie96
uscjeremynca
markp_vip
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (629)
Jaguars Justin Black (509)
Kansas to invest $75 (471)
When does fall pract (445)
Spurrier vs Saban (351)
George Harrison Memo (223)
An Air Algerie Fligh (153)
Songs that Didn't ma (139)
Anyone Switching to (118)
When does fall practice s
Official SEC Network and
Preseason Depth Chart
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Texags
2015 - Amonte Caban
Jaguars Justin Blackmon A
iPhone repair
3-4 defense my interpreta
Spurrier vs Saban

Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 538
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb
Default Chaz Sutton

So Chaz is a RS Jr. So glad he will be back next year. Does he take over for DT at left DE?

I was watching some vids after reading the Clowney sack on Wilson thread, and came across this one by Sutton. He lines up kind-of behind DT. Watch what he does to the guard that tries to block him!

Last edited by 92Pony; 11-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chaz Sutton

I fully expect him to take over DT's role next year and be a 7-9 sack kind of guy. Sutton is the real deal.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

yeah it would seem like a simple plug in for taylor next year, but expect him to stay inside on passing downs. he can be an all sec player.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

He'd be a starter for about all but 5 teams this year.
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Him or Alfy Hill. Not sure how good Chaz is vs the run, and Hill is a much more stout lineman (6'4 275)... Hill has an insane amount of talent to boot, I think people are overlooking him too much.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

you could make a strong case for starting chaz over devin, but I know lawing is loyal to guys who play the defense correctly.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

CockyCash: 500
SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Him or Alfy Hill. Not sure how good Chaz is vs the run, and Hill is a much more stout lineman (6'4 275)... Hill has an insane amount of talent to boot, I think people are overlooking him too much.
Put me in the Sutton to start camp. Not really overlooking Hill, but we have all heard great things about players before they play against SEC competition and many do not make the grade. I hope Hill is different.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Yeah we are lucky to have him ... If I remember he was a Florida commit went to JUCO and came out a Carolina commit...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous

Ingrams role last year. Sliding over on 3rd down and bringing in English or hill on the edge. As the video showed, we already play him a lot standing up. I've seen him defending the slot guy on more than a few occasions this year.

Basically everything I've seen Him do this year is almost identical to what we were doing with Ingram his redshirt junior year.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
you could make a strong case for starting chaz over devin, but I know lawing is loyal to guys who play the defense correctly.

Negative, DT is one of the best DE's against the run in the nation.. Zero way he would be benched. We don't have an issue getting to the QB so not sure why Chaz wuold need to start
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Meh, I don't see that. But you can't argue with the wingspan. I also thought Melvin could/should have been starting over Cliff when he was a junior but Lawing has earned the right to play the guys he wants. Besides with Spurrier the best guys usually see the field, or he will threaten to take them for offense like he did with ingram.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
go cockssssss
Recruit

Male

go cockssssss is learning to peckgo cockssssss is learning to peck

Feel sorry for Devin, he has made plays here and there and a couple crucial tip passes but his production overall has gone down from last year. He was a borderline first or second rounder last year now hes borderline 3rd or 4th according to most scout sites. It won't look good that his production went down when Clowney was getting double teamed and triple teamed allowing for him to go one on one.
go cockssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Darius English will replace DT on the end.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by go cockssssss View Post
Feel sorry for Devin, he has made plays here and there and a couple crucial tip passes but his production overall has gone down from last year. He was a borderline first or second rounder last year now hes borderline 3rd or 4th according to most scout sites. It won't look good that his production went down when Clowney was getting double teamed and triple teamed allowing for him to go one on one.
Devin is extremely athletic overall for his size but lacks the first-step explosiveness and short-area quickness of a great pass rusher. And something that I haven't watched closely enough to judge but that I've read on draft sites is that he too often plays with poor leverage.

Projecting him to the NFL, I think his best bet might be to bulk up and play as a two-gap end or 5-technique in a 3-4.

On the topic of Chaz - he's been a monster the last 3 years as a situational pass rusher. Glad he's gotten more snaps this season. IMO he should've gotten more the past two years given how he played the few snaps he did get.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Doesn't really matter who starts. Sutton, Clowney, Hill, Harris and English will all rotate.

Green and Dixon I would expect both to move to DT next year.

Last edited by PageUSC; 11-14-2012 at 04:18 PM.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Darius English will replace DT on the end.
highly doubtful

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

Chaz just recently began to fulfill his potential. He was a 4* guy coming out of HS but had issues with work ethic. The coaches got on to him this past offseason and told him to shape up or ship out. I guess he got the message because he's been very impressive this season.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
So Chaz is a RS Jr. So glad he will be back next year. Does he take over for DT at left DE?

I was watching some vids after reading the Clowney sack on Wilson thread, and came across this one by Sutton. He lines up kind-of behind DT. Watch what he does to the guard that tries to block him!
3 guys tried to block Chaz on this play and he got through. Also, DT beat the tackle and flushed the QB. Great play by both.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #19
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
i told alot of my friends this at the beginning of the year...they thought i was crazy but i still stand by it

i think sutton is much better in pass rush but DT prb has him beat in the run game, altho i dont pay much attention to that
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #20
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

yeah Chaz is a great player with a high ceiling. We wont have a drop off on the DLine next year.