CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
U-Dub Gamecock
75CarolinaFan
gamecockgal
spareparts
Aggie96
Sidney Rice Retiring (1163)
A good friend of min (570)
Dan Patrick Show - P (532)
ESPN Insider (432)
Pictures of older Co (376)
A Clowney Spotting? (320)
Places to eat in Con (221)
Bonefish Grill (211)
SOS Dominating SEC M (168)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (164)
Texags
Another A&M aggie off
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
ESPN Insider
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Places To Eat In Beufort
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Christian Pellage

Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chaz Sutton

Sutton will start next year, unless Hill comes in and explodes.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #22
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhard View Post
Yeah we are lucky to have him ... If I remember he was a Florida commit went to JUCO and came out a Carolina commit...
I remember Chaz was a UF commit at some point but he ended up signing with us. The guy was a 4 star out of Savannah and had like 20+ sacks his senior year. He definitely wasn't a JUCO. He's been on the team since he was a freshman. The potential's always been there-he's finally reaching it. Can't wait to see him starting next year opposite Clowney. English will backup Clowney next year.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervous

I believe he went to prep school first not juco.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

sutton will definitely start but Hill will get a lot of PT too
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #25
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Hill is actually up to 285/290lbs and has been playing DT this year in JUCO. I too believe Sutton starts at DE next year. Kid has played himself into a NFL Prospect.
USCBASEBALL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #26
pturner2
Blue Chip

Male

pturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPitpturner2 rules the CockPit

Sutton is an animal!!! Should have an even bigger impact next year. As far as English is concerned, i dont how u can be The 5A defensive player Of The year in a state with The abundance Of talent like GA, And not be legit. He needs to add some bulk, but i have high expectations for this kid
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #27
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29799800
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

On a play by play basis, Chaz probably has the best production compared to the amount of snaps he's played out of all the other D Linemen.

I'm looking forward to him continuing to improve...as a likely starter next year at DE I can see him potentially being a first round pick. His name will be mentioned with Clowney's a lot next year, provided he keeps playing hard and doesn't get injured.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #28
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner2 View Post
Sutton is an animal!!! Should have an even bigger impact next year. As far as English is concerned, i dont how u can be The 5A defensive player Of The year in a state with The abundance Of talent like GA, And not be legit. He needs to add some bulk, but i have high expectations for this kid
there is a case to be made that Chaz has been better than DT this year or at least on the same level. He will shine next year.

Lawing is so jacked about English it is not funny. He wanted to play him this year but no room for him. When have we ever been able to say we don't have room for the Defensive player of the year from GA high school to play. We are reloading.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #29
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Taylor might need to cut some weight before the combine. He was more effective when he was lighter. seemed like the same thing happened to cliff matthews although cliff had the shoulder injury as well.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #30
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I knew a lot of people that had already put Melvin on the bench once we signed Clowney.

Sutton will start next year, and he will demonize people.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter has hatched from the shell

Next year might be the best D line ever. 4 maybe five great ends that might all have an excellent year. Clowney starts for sure but I think Hill, Sutton, English will all fight for snaps. They all have special talents and we are very fortunate to have talent stockpiled at this caliber.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #32
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I knew a lot of people that had already put Melvin on the bench once we signed Clowney.

Sutton will start next year, and he will demonize people.

Truth.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

We will utilize different people in different sets depending on down, field position, etc. It will be much like this year but greatly expanded. I think that everyone plays and plays well. Keep clam and Lawing on.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #34
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner2 View Post
sutton has played extremely well for the past two years. he was a loafer when he got here, and the coaches knocked that out of him, but it wasn't in this last off-season, it was a couple of years ago. he will start next year at the other de spot. english and hill will be excellent backups, and should push for more of a rotation then we have now.
you also count me in the group that sutton could start over taylor. with jc getting doubled and triple teamed so often, devin should have better stats than he has. i love devin and have always been in his corner, but this year hasn't been a great one for him, and i just think that sutton is much more explosive.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #35
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
We will utilize different people in different sets depending on down, field position, etc. It will be much like this year but greatly expanded. I think that everyone plays and plays well. Keep clam and Lawing on.
I LOVE clams!!
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #36
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Sutton might be drafted. He could declare. He is good enough to go pretty high.

The crap about his loafing is total BS. He has always had a good motor.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #37
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Sutton might be drafted. He could declare. He is good enough to go pretty high.

The crap about his loafing is total BS. He has always had a good motor.
The "crap" about loafing was straight from Lawing's mouth in post practice interviews, so... no, he did not always have a good motor. However, that was from his freshman/RS freshman years that Lawing was referring to with the loafing.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
The "crap" about loafing was straight from Lawing's mouth in post practice interviews, so... no, he did not always have a good motor. However, that was from his freshman/RS freshman years that Lawing was referring to with the loafing.
a la Melvin Ingram.

One of those guys that has the potential to be extremely good once the light comes on and they start putting in the work (as it has). He comes back next year and has a good season as a starter, I wouldn't be terribly shocked to have 3 potential first round DL - Clowney, Sutton, Quarles .
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #39
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
I have watched every video of Lawing, and he has never said it. You are dreaming.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #40
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I have watched every video of Lawing, and he has never said it. You are dreaming.
every video ever in the history of video?
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote