CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
doubledribble
Fight, win, kick a-- (1324)
The Gator Bowl wants (962)
Why I'm hopeful abou (941)
CFN prediction for a (917)
USC will upset Aubur (786)
A simple defensive l (766)
What happened to thi (696)
In-state QB talent (552)
This is War (399)
SEC Debate: Best can (340)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
In-state QB talent
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material
Default Re: acc title game tickets :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsabres View Post
Considering the fact you can stand to watch that dreck on a weekly basis up there in Tatertown, I'll fill you in on a little secret...

That smilie you keep using? He's holding up his thumb, not his middle finger. You can stop being so mad now.
Not sure how anything I stated is me being mad, trust me buddy not everyone that post on the internet has a chip on their shoulder. Some of us are here to enjoy the ride, you should try it sometimes you will be happier for it.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #22
USCya
Azz Kickin' Chicken

Male

1,000,000th Post: Given for having the 1,000,000th Post - Given for: 1,000,000th Post 
CockyCash: 98249057
USCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
Yes, it's called being a sports fan and enjoying multiple different teams. But not everyone is a sports fan it seems.
Tig - did mean to come off being smack (while in Locker room) about the divisions but moreover leading to the point about the leadership. That has everything to do with how the conference is perceived nationally. With 'Cuse and Pitt coming in and what the heck Notre Dame means in all of this only adds to the confusion of misfits.

Those in charge hang their hats on BBall.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCya View Post
Tig - did mean to come off being smack (while in Locker room) about the divisions but moreover leading to the point about the leadership. That has everything to do with how the conference is perceived nationally. With 'Cuse and Pitt coming in and what the heck Notre Dame means in all of this only adds to the confusion of misfits.

Those in charge hang their hats on BBall.
Yep, the ACC is just adding to it's BBall strength and less towards our football strengths, which will leave FSU, VT, and ourselves up a creek without paddle. But hey, maybe Swofford sees the potential for Pitt and Syracuse to be a National Contender in Football one day.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #24
USCya
Azz Kickin' Chicken

Male

1,000,000th Post: Given for having the 1,000,000th Post - Given for: 1,000,000th Post 
USCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot materialUSCya is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep, the ACC is just adding to it's BBall strength and less towards our football strengths, which will leave FSU, VT, and ourselves up a creek without paddle. But hey, maybe Swofford sees the potential for Pitt and Syracuse to be a National Contender in Football one day.
Not really - They will be the 15th and 16th teams to the SEC. So that just leaves yourselves without the paddle...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #25
SirSpur05
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
SirSpur05 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
its going to be a terrible game this year. One good team vs a very bad team from the coastal.
Well one thing is for sure. Sometimes the way the schedule plays out makes it difficult for the best team to make it to their respective conference championship; i.e. USC sitting at home watching Georgia in the SEC Championship game this year and last year. Also Clemson has no business sitting at home either watching the ACC Championship (they're at least the second best team in the ACC).
SirSpur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #26
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

Quote:
Not really - They will be the 15th and 16th teams to the SEC. So that just leaves yourselves without the paddle...
VT, and NC state will be the 15th and 16th team. If I recall correctly, the SEC will not expand into territories it already owns. Meaning FSU is left out in the cold with us.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #27
USCya
Azz Kickin' Chicken

Male

Quote:
VT, and NC state will be the 15th and 16th team. If I recall correctly, the SEC will not expand into territories it already owns. Meaning FSU is left out in the cold with us.
Not a popular decision around here but it would make sense to put FSU and Clemson in the SEC and let the Acc have the rest but that is why we are where we are and they are where they are.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #28
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Not a popular decision around here but it would make sense to put FSU and Clemson in the SEC and let the Acc have the rest but that is why we are where we are and they are where they are.
Not correct. Expansion is first and foremost about money, so F$U and Clemsux will NOT be added since they contribute less to the money machine. Plus, those programs have obstacles from existing SEC members in their path.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #29
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Can't wait to show the world just how pathetic the 2nd best team in the ACC really is!

Course I believe most who even bother to look already know!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #30
USCya
Azz Kickin' Chicken

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Not correct. Expansion is first and foremost about money, so F$U and Clemsux will NOT be added since they contribute less to the money machine. Plus, those programs have obstacles from existing SEC members in their path.
The only obstacles are schools that already play them every year in every sport so nothing would change... and of course egos. I would love to see Ga Tech in as well but I am probably the minority.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #31
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

Way over priced.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #32
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
But...Greensboro is such a kickin town....
Is this a basketball joke?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #33
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Does anyone really know who is in what division outside of the Acc fan base? This leads to the last question.... Does anyone care?
Only conference worse to figure out is the Big 10 Legends and Leaders groupings.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #34
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I want it to be UVA and Maryland but that's for selfish reasons. They both are close enough that I could see USC play when they are at those stadiums.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #35
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I want it to be UVA and Maryland but that's for selfish reasons. They both are close enough that I could see USC play when they are at those stadiums.
UVA is too smart to be added to the SEC, and they don't care.

And Maryland cares too much about basketball, so they can hang out with kentucky and jerk themsevles off in the corner during football season.

NC State and Va Tech would be excellent, but it would be difficult to get VT out of the ACC.
It may be difficult to get both.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I think people need to remember when the ACC took in these teams. Miami coming off the end of their 20-30 year domination across the nation. FSU was very good their first decade in the ACC. VT had some great seasons with Michael Vick before they came to the ACC and were dominant their first 5-6 years in the ACC. BC was good when they had Matt Ryan. Then they had a bunch of coach juggling and haven't gotten back to their old selves since. It's like the SEC until the last 6 years SEC we're just another conference in the nation. Now the top half of the teams in the SEC has the talent to beat the best team in every other BCS conference.

Can the ACC get any better now? dont know, but every year their teams are getting worse and worse except CU and FSU.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #37
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

imo, fsu and vt came in with guns ablaze and suddenly, began playing down to the level of their conference competition. it took awhile for teams like nc st and clemson to catch em and fsu and vt have never recovered. i'm just saying...
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #38
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Is this a basketball joke?
...The following statement ticks klempzun off more than anything........Yall gonna make it to Greensboro this year for the acc football championship...???...That statement makes them more mad than when I leave gas pumps in the upstate on......70.33.........and yes it is a basketball face slap..
Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #39
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

BTW...anyone wanting tickets to the klempzun game just go to the stadium....They are starting to hit the street at face value or best offer...
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #40
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Does the Big East have a conference championship game? I would be interested to compare the ACCCG and BECG as I feel they are both about equally embarrassing.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote