CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (1852)
Rank the QBs under S (1385)
Back like cooked cra (973)
Tennessee game (656)
Who start on the d l (616)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (461)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (345)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (165)
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re

Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Ibrahimovic

Speechless

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
CockySwede
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
CockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his claws
Send a message via ICQ to CockySwede Send a message via AIM to CockySwede Send a message via MSN to CockySwede Send a message via Skype™ to CockySwede
Default Re: Ibrahimovic

Nice to see you give credit where its due!

Ibrahimovic is a BEAST! Basically carries both PSG and Sweden by himself.

I would love to see him in the Premiership!
CockySwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

Freak.Of.Nature
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockySwede View Post
Nice to see you give credit where its due!

Ibrahimovic is a BEAST! Basically carries both PSG and Sweden by himself.

I would love to see him in the Premiership!
many people argues he is the best player in the world... underrated player?

posibly.

is prob about time for him to get some credit...

Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
CockySwede
4-Star

Male

CockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his claws
Send a message via ICQ to CockySwede Send a message via AIM to CockySwede Send a message via MSN to CockySwede Send a message via Skype™ to CockySwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
many people argues he is the best player in the world... underrated player?

posibly.

is prob about time for him to get some credit...
Dunno about that. He should be in the discussion, but I would put both Messi and CR7 before him at the moment.

Not to say that I would choose any of them over Ibrahimovic.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Dunno about that. He should be in the discussion, but I would put both Messi and CR7 before him at the moment.

Not to say that I would choose any of them over Ibrahimovic.
he hasnt win a european championship yet but technically he is somewhere in between messi and ronaldo, physically he is an animal.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

My friend showed me this video yesterday... What an awesome goal. It's too bad the standard of soccer in the US sucks. I woul love to see talented players like this.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

I was Dan Labatard talk about his quotes on that show with his dad and the guy says some funny stuff.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
I was Dan Labatard talk about his quotes on that show with his dad and the guy says some funny stuff.
what he said to that reporter, if true, is priceless
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
CockySwede
4-Star

Male

Quote:
he hasnt win a european championship yet but technically he is somewhere in between messi and ronaldo, physically he is an animal.
The Champions League haunts him, he left Inter for Barcelona and then Inter won it (eliminating Barca in the semifinal). He then left Barcelona who then won the CL the next year.

To be honest I donīt think PSG will give him the opportunity within the time frame hes got already being 31 years old.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
The Champions League haunts him, he left Inter for Barcelona and then Inter won it (eliminating Barca in the semifinal). He then left Barcelona who then won the CL the next year.

To be honest I donīt think PSG will give him the opportunity within the time frame hes got already being 31 years old.
he is good but kind of selfish.

he could have stayed at Barca but he was obviously jelous of Messi, and he wanted to make more money.

i guess he is all about making money, he went to Paris for that same reason.

he is a great player but because he hasnt won a european championship, he will probably be one of those mythical players that everybody knows they are great but not among the Peles or Maradonas.

That goal is one of the greatest in soccer history.

By the way, great goals are always scored againts England, interesting huh?

Old 11-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

The way he led the Israelites through the desert was truly amazing
Old 11-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
My friend showed me this video yesterday... What an awesome goal. It's too bad the standard of soccer in the US sucks. I woul love to see talented players like this.

It will take some, most dominant countries have been playing soccer for more than 100 years.

btw I live in an aparment complex, most people here are working class.

Interesting to see a group of kids playing around.

about 6 boys and one big girl.

2 of the boys are white, 3 are black and 1 is mexican.

for the most part they are playing american football or soccer, its funny to see them going at each other, sometimes im cleaning my room and watching them from the window running around playing ball.

this is greenwood south carolina, soccer is nothing in this state, these kids are doing what they see on tv or youtube.

now you should see california on a weekend, soccer games everywhere and it doesnt matter what race you are. all the parks are packed with people of all ages playing soccer.

point is, soccer will be main-stream in the next 20 years or so, more money will be involved with MLS and then we will have those Ibrahimovics or Barotellis scoring sick azz goals, but it will take some more time, once we get studs to stick to soccer and not to leave for football or basketball in high school and college... thats when the real zhit is going to be on American soccer.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

I read an article a few years back where they talked about a fight Ibra got into with Gooch when they both played for Milan.

Apparently Ibra beat his Clemson ass. Loved Ibra since then.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
I read an article a few years back where they talked about a fight Ibra got into with Gooch when they both played for Milan.

they're both 6 5" but Gooch looks very slow, Ibra would prob kick his azz.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Amazing goal by Ibra, but he is not in the same category as Messi and CR7. Those two occupy a tier completely above any other footballers. Ibrahimovic can certainly be considered in that next tier, and you could make the argument that he has/had the potential to be alongside Messi/CR7, but he's simply too lazy and inconsistent to belong to their tier.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post

Hadn't heard of this and just looked it up, but apparently it was the complete opposite. Ibra left the fight with broken ribs.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Amazing goal by Ibra, but he is not in the same category as Messi and CR7. Those two occupy a tier completely above any other footballers. Ibrahimovic can certainly be considered in that next tier, and you could make the argument that he has/had the potential to be alongside Messi/CR7, but he's simply too lazy and inconsistent to belong to their tier.
you know, one of my colombian friends posted on facebook that Messi may be th best player ever in the history of the game because he scores a lot of goals

with that logic, Valdez is the best gk in the history of the game bc he doesnt get scored a lot

Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Hadn't heard of this and just looked it up, but apparently it was the complete opposite. Ibra left the fight with broken ribs.
Must've been revisionist history on my part then. Always disliked Gooch, I'll just go back to pretending like I'm right and treating it as fact.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
No, not even close. I like Ibra but he disappears in big games. He doesn't step up in European championships and never has done much in the Euros or World Cup. I don't he has even done much in the CL. I know it's a team game but he disappears in tournaments.

I like Ibra's skills. That goal was fantastic! To cap it off, it was his 4th goal of the game. So give Ibra credit. He is a great player. However, he is not close to Messi or Ronaldo. They are much better all around players but Ibra can score (as long as it's not in a tournament).

I joking said that Ibra FINALLY scored against an English team - an ALL English team (I don't think he had ever scored against an EPL team in competitions - see my comments about his tournament play above).