CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
elcid99
BiggerLSUfan
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
sporkgod50
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1149)
Ranking the Opposing (1009)
Not a Rival.. (760)
Gamecock Coaches as (576)
help with army insig (410)
NCAA Football 15 (352)
Hello Gamecocks! (280)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (242)
I'm a grand godfathe (240)
George Miller revisi (214)
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Clemson Recruiting...how
Jay Paterno Attempts To R
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
NCAA Football 15
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Green and Lammons
Parking needed

Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Dog Food: What is your best friend eating?

Simple. What do you feed your dog?

Our American Bulldog (she will be 1 year old Dec 15th), has been on Taste of the Wild- Sierra Mountain flavor. It is mainly lamb, sweet potatoes, and peas.

She loves it and has been eating it since around 12 weeks when she had a sample from a vendor at the feed store one day and went crazy over it.

It's a very high quality product and my only concern has ever been that it is made in South Carolina at the Gaston plant for Diamond...and they have been known for some really big screw ups.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dog Food: What is your best friend eating?

Had mine on Blue Buffalo and then Iam's before that but both were to high in protein for her and she had issues with it. We now use Natural Choice the Venison one but its the purple bag for sensitive stomachs.

Random thought here though.......So it dawned on me awhile back, why do some people frown upon giving their dogs scraps? Before the mass production of dog food people had to cook for their dogs or give them "people food". Dog food just makes it simple now. And I also give my dog these wet food meals from Pedigree them come in a lil bowl and she gets them about once a week as a treat. But seriously these things smell and look good enough to eat, real Chicken and whole Rice in Gravy! Our dog loves Veggies, anything Veggie she goes ape-shit over them! She does not get scraps other then Veggies unless my 1 year old tries to feed her the food that she is supposed to be eating.

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Old 11-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
Random thought here though.......So it dawned on me awhile back, why do some people frown upon giving their dogs scraps? Before the mass production of dog food people had to cook for their dogs or give them "people food". Dog food just makes it simple now. And I also give my dog these wet food meals from Pedigree them come in a lil bowl and she gets them about once a week as a treat. But seriously these things smell and look good enough to eat, real Chicken and whole Rice in Gravy! Our dog loves Veggies, anything Veggie she goes ape-shit over them! She does not get scraps other then Veggies unless my 1 year old tries to feed her the food that she is supposed to be eating.
We don't give our dog any scraps unless it is protein and only if it has been grilled/baked/boiled. We do give her veggies and fruit...she LOVES fruit and her drooling faucet of a mouth will begin to pour. Strawberries and apples...she will eat them all day.

Occasionally, we will cook a rice/chicken meal just for her and give it to her over a few days in small amounts. Got a recipe online for that.

The main treat she gets are cow ears and knuckle bones. Unfortunately, the cow ears at our stores went up from about .50 to .99 centsr so we have been giving less.

Our dog will get very bad gas if she eats something she isn't supposed to. A few weeks ago, we had takeout Chinese delivered to the house. Order of Sesame Chicken, order of General Tso chicken, and chicken wings. We wanted soda to go with our bad meal so we closed the paper bag and put it on the counter all the way against the wall...and headed to gas station.

Yep, she ate it all. Couldn't resist the smell I guess. Unfortunately, we had to leave in order to resist her smell the rest of the night...and LOUD, too! It is gross but hilarious. I was really worried about her taking in all that sodium and afraid the chicken wings would hurt her. She just had a bad tummy ache for a night and slept a lot. She would do it again though!

Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Diamond. Its hard to find but worth the money.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Carolina_Harv

Male

Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
We don't give our dog any scraps unless it is protein and only if it has been grilled/baked/boiled. We do give her veggies and fruit...she LOVES fruit and her drooling faucet of a mouth will begin to pour. Strawberries and apples...she will eat them all day.

Occasionally, we will cook a rice/chicken meal just for her and give it to her over a few days in small amounts. Got a recipe online for that.

The main treat she gets are cow ears and knuckle bones. Unfortunately, the cow ears at our stores went up from about .50 to .99 centsr so we have been giving less.

Our dog will get very bad gas if she eats something she isn't supposed to. A few weeks ago, we had takeout Chinese delivered to the house. Order of Sesame Chicken, order of General Tso chicken, and chicken wings. We wanted soda to go with our bad meal so we closed the paper bag and put it on the counter all the way against the wall...and headed to gas station.

Yep, she ate it all. Couldn't resist the smell I guess. Unfortunately, we had to leave in order to resist her smell the rest of the night...and LOUD, too! It is gross but hilarious. I was really worried about her taking in all that sodium and afraid the chicken wings would hurt her. She just had a bad tummy ache for a night and slept a lot. She would do it again though!
ROFLMAO!!!!! Yea my Husky I had years back I walked out of the room to get a drink and left my two pieces of pizza on the coffee table while I went into the kitchen, came back and a sauce covered husky was licking her chops both pieces GONE!

Daisy our current dog won't take anything off a table and hell won't eat anything unless its on the floor. She knows she can't have anything unless we give it to her or we put it on the floor for her. When she gets an upset stomach we give her boiled chicken and rice. Her favorite things though are Peas, Banana's and her biggest favorite is Milk! That dog loves her some milk but we only give her a lil at a time and rarely does she get it.

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Kibbles and Bits

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Kibbles and Bits
What breed/size dog do you have?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
Carolina_Harv

Male

I know you were asking 2000 but I have an 75-80lb Weimaraner

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
This. I have 3 pit bulls. They'll eat whatever i feed them. I only give them dog food and milk bones.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Canidae
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Blue buffalo basics alternates between salmon and potato and grain free turkey and potato. Great doesnt poop but once a day and not really large. She eats potatoes of any kind. French fries, mashed potatoes, Hash browns, wedges, chips. Her other people food is rice.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

It's Purina One Lamb and Rice for my girls. They like it and so do I. Because it is a high quality food, it means a lot less waste in the yard. It also keeps their coats looking great.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Canidae
how much do you pay for a 30 lb bag?

Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
Carolina_Harv

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
It's Purina One Lamb and Rice for my girls. They like it and so do I. Because it is a high quality food, it means a lot less waste in the yard. It also keeps their coats looking great.

Its funny you mention that b/c our neighbor has an 8 month golden and 1 year old Shepard and they drop gigantic deuces! They always remark at how little Daisy's is. Its because we feed her better food then the junk they give their dogs. Also her poop's do not stink quite as bad as other dogs because her food is more natural. Heres a picture of my daughter and well my 4 legged daughter.
Attached Images

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
how much do you pay for a 30 lb bag?
I get the big bag - Something like 45 lbs. It's about 53 bucks or so.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

My family has a 7 yr old miniature dachshund and he will eat anything. He gets regular dog food but he is also spoiled as sh!t. Literally will eat jus about any kind of people food except for a non crunchy piece of lettuce.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #18
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I get the big bag - Something like 45 lbs. It's about 53 bucks or so.
Hmm...don't think I have seen it before at my feed store. While my dog loves Taste of the Wild, I have been looking for something just as high quality but at a better price...I'm paying $50+tax for a 30lb bag currently.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #19
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

My oldest daughter's Chi eats Nutro Small Dog Breed dog food and my youngest daughter's American/English bulldox mix eats Blue Diamond.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #20
Zee
That's Bullbird Man

Male

CockyCash: 1000001335
Zee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot materialZee is USC mascot material

http://www.vfcomplete.com/

I use active adult for my lab. About 50 bucks for a 40lb bag.