CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
gamecockgal
uscjeremynca
TAFC 5 1981
Rebel4ever
PSU drops a prospect (1922)
Mizzou WR suspended (960)
John Abraham DUI (706)
Re-Airing South Caro (655)
Best Offensive " (641)
Rokevious Watkins cu (555)
Clemson, Auburn home (442)
Blake McClain (393)
Fall Camp. (344)
What ever happened t (324)
Green and Lammons
Blake McClain
What ever happened to Phi
An Aggies View of the Mat
College Football Playoff:
PSU drops a prospect beca
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite

Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Legal advice

Well, about my license.

I found out that somebody made a mistake, not me, the paper work of my registration was not turned in to the dmv, and this is why my license was suspended, and still not sure how they never got it...

I was told to mail a form to the dmv in california so they will send my record on mail, but I never received anything back.

The LA court also said they dont have any records that everything its been sent to collection.

Basically, they are saying that I have to pay $800 to collection if I want my license back.

They also say that I can write a letter to the judge and he may... he may let me have my license without paying... but the dmv never sent me the records and they wont fax it or give to me by phone or by email, what am I supposed to tell to the judge?

Im basically screwed because of somebodies mistake, probably lazy people in the government that makes a lot of money for doing nothing...

Anybody familiar with this stuff? I just dont have $800, and Im sure the collection reps are just going to frustrate me untill I pay, they dont really care about people, they want the money...

Last edited by Kaka; 11-15-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material
Default Re: Legal advice

California is a screwed up state.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
California is a screwed up state.
i have been reading over the internet and is happening to a lot of people in Cali, very similar stories...

if i want my license back I think i gone have to pay those $800 so somebody can sit on their azz and watch magazines and check their facebook everyday.

fuk....

Old 11-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

if it is in collections, remember you can negotiate with them. they purchased that date for an extremely low price and would LIKE $800 from you.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
if it is in collections, remember you can negotiate with them. they purchased that date for an extremely low price and would LIKE $800 from you.
how those that work?

the way i see it is that they only gone frustrate me so I pay the $800, you think i could get them to charge less?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
how those that work?

the way i see it is that they only gone frustrate me so I pay the $800, you think i could get them to charge less?
absolutely. i think if you have already screwed up and let it go to collections, then you are a fool to let the collections company profit a ton off the debt they purchased from your original lender.

you can probably tell them "i don't have $800 but I am willing to pay you $500 separated into 5 payments of $100 over 5 months.

they don't care because they are still making money...they probably purchased that debt for hardly anything. trust me, years ago when I didn't realize I had some small credit issues and had to deal with collections- i never paid what they asked.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I don't know if it will help in this instance, but I can say that the best time of the year to dispute a debt is in about three weeks.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
absolutely. i think if you have already screwed up and let it go to collections, then you are a fool to let the collections company profit a ton off the debt they purchased from your original lender.

you can probably tell them "i don't have $800 but I am willing to pay you $500 separated into 5 payments of $100 over 5 months.

they don't care because they are still making money...they probably purchased that debt for hardly anything. trust me, years ago when I didn't realize I had some small credit issues and had to deal with collections- i never paid what they asked.
you know, this ticket came out of nowhere, if i knew that i had it, i would have taking care of right away.

like i said before, im no that dumb... the ticket was given 4 years ago, i dont even remember getting it.

i wish it was more money so I could sue, somebody made a mistake and Im parying for it.

anyway, thanks everybody for the advices, i will try to do what i can no to to pay $800 simply because I dont have it and I just dont think is fair that some lazy azzhole is making me pay for his laziness.