CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
ReadR00ster
4gamecockfb
markp_vip
Thenardier
Lalli25
sporkgod50
GapoGamecock51
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
Diamond DeSheilds, U (3405)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1333)
Women's bb - Deshiel (602)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
Hope Springs Eternal (468)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
Byron the bunny...fe (328)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (242)
*Official 2014 NHL S (221)
How to cut the musta (149)
Joeckel Transfering from
Jameis Winston's Accuser
how has more ESPN anounce
Larenz Bryant update?
Playstation 4
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Where will we be preseaso
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Chico McClatcher- 2015 At
Hope Springs Eternal

Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
GamecockJames
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockJames has feathers coming inGamecockJames has feathers coming in
Default Re: Clowney Named Finalist for Nagurski Award

Te'O is a linebacker of course his stats look better he has people running near him on every play to make tackes,int's etc. He doesn't have offensive coordinators trying to block him with rb's,te's, and o-lineman. Clowney is very arguably the single most disruptive player in NCAA football. Te'o is also benefiting from those d-lineman upfront on ND's line. Te'o is good but he doesn't pressure opposing offenses
I'm not going to stand up here and run my mouth like that coach from the upstate does" and "I invite you to get your picutre with two trophies up here, one is the Cap. 1 Bowl trophy and the other is the state championship trophy, that trophy is not really a big deal because we win it every year now
GamecockJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
In my opinion, if Clowney can't win it, I don't mind seeing the guy from Notre Dame win. He's a classy guy with a touching story
I don't care about his touching story. The award is not for the best defensive player with the most touching story. Clowney is by far the best defensive player playing in the toughest conference in the country, bar none.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I don't care about his touching story. The award is not for the best defensive player with the most touching story. Clowney is by far the best defensive player playing in the toughest conference in the country, bar none.
I totally agree and I of course want Clowney to win. DUH! BUT if he can't I would love to see this guy from Notre Dame win it...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, truth be told I'm not sure we win the Tennessee game if not for Clowney.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Goin to be hard to beat Manti Te'o. The media wants to just wrap itself in everything notre dame before the illusion shatters and disappears for another 20 years.

They will move the story line in his direction.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
The other finalists are Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, Alabama defensive back Dee Milliner, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o and Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner.
Florida State has a defense?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #27
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Honestly? No, Clowney hasn't done what he has for ND this season. With your other comment about him opening it up for others ... yes, he's definitely done that. However, you don't get awards for what you let OTHERS do.
I agree with you there, however, I don't know of a bigger impact player than Clowney. OC's spend a lot of time and effort game planning around him, I am not sure you can say the same about the others on the list.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Clowney could very well land in the Hesiman race next year.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #29
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life

Male

gamecocks2210 has hatched from the shell

If awards were won on how you help others then how come O-linemen don't win the Heisman? Everyone knows Clowney is better but these awards rely heavily on stats. Luckily the NFL scouts know how to evaluate players so I'm sure Clowney would rather go tops in the draft than win an award.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
gamecocks2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Clowney will win the heisman next year with 14.5 - 16 sacks. Tweet that.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #31
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Teo is LB....Clowney DE....Of course the LB will have more tackles and int's. So therefore he wins.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #32
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

If Clowney can have one big game where he gets like 3 sacks I think he could win. Hopefully he has it against Clemson.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

I think that Jarvis Jones is only on this list because he's the name everybody was talking about coming into the season.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Clowney isn't going to win the Heisman next year. He will be the #1 pick in the NFL draft though.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
Florida State has a defense?
LOL! That is true, but Werner is a freaking man! Best player for them on defense.
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #36
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

So they are saying the banquet is open to the public ....

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #37
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

If it wasn't for Te'o, he would have a shot but they'll give it to Te'o. His position allows him to make more plays than Clowney like dropping back in coverage to get those picks and fumbles and sacks (well these not in coverage but you see what I mean). Plus, he goes to Notre Dame and that pretty much seals it for him as well. Clowney would have to seriously go off the next two games to have a chance. Lots of sacks, forced turnovers but the biggest stat is he needs to scoop some fumbles and run them in for TD's. It's hard for Clowney to do that when he is the one forcing the fumble by dragging down the QB and someone else falling on or picking up the football. If Clowney could have like a 5 sack, fumble recovery against Clemson and be a key factor in our winning the game then he might have a shot but I think Clowney's time will come next season.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #38
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

What hurts Clowney as well but shouldn't his that his ability to disrupt a game doesn't show up on the stat sheet. I mean the sacks do but just reeking havoc doesn't show up unless the football "smart guys" look at the opposition's QB completion percentage, QB hurries and knockdowns, tackles for loss. These are all great stats for Clowney but they aren't the glamour stats needed to win this year and the "smart guys" probably don't even bother to dig to see how Clowney does disrupt games.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #39
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
And you think Clowney hasn't done the same thing for us, and playing injured all season as well? For example, the fumble Clowney caused against UT saved the game for us. The double teams on Clowney all season freed other players to make plays for us. I am not an ND hater, I just realistically believe they typically don't play many good teams and are usually over-rated and exposed in a bowl game.

I don't think any other defensive player in the nation has a bigger impact on an offense in key plays and game planning than Clowney.
Clowney doesn't get the national attention that ND does.....it's hard to beat that.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #40
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
Clowney will win the heisman next year with 14.5 - 16 sacks. Tweet that.
While that would be great for him and Carolina, it's not going to happen.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote