CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
ccured
Cockypantherfan
The Yancey
ReadR00ster
i29gman
Lalli25
RGHoskins
sporkgod50
Thenardier
Stadium Ratings-Site (745)
Construction of Worl (377)
Peach Bowl name retu (362)
NBA Wants to Up Age (361)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (332)
Save Electricity By (327)
HELP calculating acr (276)
How Experienced In P (222)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (146)
40 Ways You Know You (144)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Name a Gamecock
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
What is your perfect egg?
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2

Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default SOS not happy with students

I'm not either. If you don't plan to stay for the entire game just don't go. Let another student have that ticket who will stay all four quarters.

Goupstate.com) South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier is not happy with the Carolina student section and expressed his displeasure Thursday night during his call-in show.

Spurrier said it’s embarrassing seeing all the students leaving at halftime and looking across the field and seeing so many empty seats.

During most of the games this season a large portion of the student section has left during halftime.

Even in close, competitive games the last two weeks a lot of students have left at halftime. USC led Tennessee 28-14 at the half a few weeks ago and held on for a 38-35 win over the Volunteers with a mostly empty student section watching the final minutes.

Against Arkansas Carolina led 21-10 at the half but pulled away for a 38-20 win.

Spurrier went as far as encouraging other fans to boo the students who leave the game early.

“If you love your school, stay,” he said. “If you don’t, go drinking at halftime.”

Spurrier added that USC fans had waited a long time to have a winner and now that it finally has one, students won’t stay and watch the games.

“As long as we’re winning, you need to stay in your seats,” he said.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SOS not happy with students

Yes! They need to realize how pitiful and awful it looks on TV
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I better start going to games and staying the entire time then

Like I already do.

Blasphemy, I know..
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

The gameday atmosphere at South Carolina is far better in 2012 than it was in 1992. Unfortunately, there are still a few things we could improve on. This is certainly one of those things.

The problem is that many of those students aren't football fans. They are fans of going to a party. These kids didn't grow up with a national power and I think just don't have passion like kids at Auburn, Alabama, or LSU do. The kids at those schools were raised by parents and grandparents who lived and died through those schools.

Many of our kids were raised by parents who used to go golfing when a Gamecock game was on. As important as Gamecock Football was back in the day, there has always been a large group of fans that only like it b/c of the party associated with it. They are not actual fans of football, no one that would leave a game at haltime is

This of course isn't every student. I'm sure there are kids out there like me that spent every Saturday as a kid listening to or watching all Gamecock games. When you did get the chance to go with a parent, they stayed to the end.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
Spurific
Blue Chip

Male

Spurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervous

Interesting....I put the same thread up last night and it was removed.

I agree with Spurrier 100%. Although the students are the majority, there are other people too. Being a fan requires sacrifice from us.

Spurific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

We need seats filled. They should not even be givin ticks.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Perhaps if they scanned students leaving before the game and putting them in the back of the line for future tix would help. I know plenty of students who would love to have been at the game.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

The students aren't the only ones that do this. Others leave the game way too early.

Why do you people do this? It's 7 games a year, I would think you would want to watch every minute of the game. I can understand leaving with a minute or two left when we're up by 30 and Spurrier is just running up the middle to run out the clock, but prior to that there is really no reason to leave.

Sit back and enjoy the game of football. I can't imagine leaving the game when we're up by 3 TDs and hearing the Rooster Crow over the PA and not knowing what just happened b/c I"m leaving the stadium
Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #9
Gamecockfan1214
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecockfan1214 has feathers coming inGamecockfan1214 has feathers coming in

I honestly think they should go back to the old system of waiting in line to get your ticket at the russel house. When you have to wait in line for a few hours you think twice about leaving early. Also I hate to say it but these attractive young ladies are the ones doing the damage. They get bored and wanna go have some more of their princess punch. I gave in a few times during my day at school.
Gamecockfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
mako
Recruit

mako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his claws

If they go out of the stadium at half time...Can they come back in????

Thought to ponder...
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako View Post
If they go out of the stadium at half time...Can they come back in????

Thought to ponder...
No.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
simplesimon
Recruit

Male

simplesimon is learning to pecksimplesimon is learning to peck

no!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

They are the worst I have ever seen. Not even a close second.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #14
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

It's not just the students, others leave too. But I swear, I go to Wofford, and I love USC more than most of those affiliated. 3 games a year and have never left early. And I've stayed through some beatdowns.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfan1214 View Post
I honestly think they should go back to the old system of waiting in line to get your ticket at the russel house. When you have to wait in line for a few hours you think twice about leaving early. Also I hate to say it but these attractive young ladies are the ones doing the damage. They get bored and wanna go have some more of their princess punch. I gave in a few times during my day at school.
Speaking of the young ladies. When did brown cowboy boots with black dresses become the latest look? Every girl at a Carolina game has the exact same attire on it seems. The black dress has always been in, but not sure when the cowboy boots took over
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

The last time I left a game early was in 2003 against Ole Miss in Oxford.

Ole Miss was up something like 42-14 in the 3rd quarter and the guy I was with had to be back in Columbia the next day for work. We decided to leave b/c we were so pissed with the way USC was playing. We had driven 8 hours to watch that horrible performance.

We get to our cars and are the only ones leaving the stadium, so there was no traffic leaving Oxford. We turned on the radio and started listening to the Ole Miss Broadcast. We seriously made it to the Alabama Stateline before the game ended.

Unfortuantely we ended up missing a huge comeback by South Carolina. I think we lost 42-40 or something like that. A BS safety call cost us the game. We were stopped on HWY 78 somewhere in Alabama on the side of the road when the game ended listening to the game b/c the radio signal was starting to fade.

That game taught me to never leave early
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

What??? No argument about it is my right to leave early and you can't tell me what to do???

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfan1214 View Post
I think this is the biggest difference. When you had to actually put effort into getting the tickets they tended to go to the students who wanted to go to the games and were interested in football.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #19
USCooper
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

I agree with SOS. When I was a student 2006-2009 the students didn't leave near like they do know. I really think they should bring back the waiting in line system. At least then the students that really want them will get them. It baffles me that people want to leave especially when we are putting on a beatdown.

Usc has been waiting on a winner for so long, many students may have recently became fans and take wining for granted.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

The mods have been removing these threads about students left and right recently. I hope they leave this one up because a lot of notable people have noticed the crappy student section attendance this season.

I'll never understand it. People are so excited all year about Carolina football. The season finally comes, you only have 7 chances to see them play at W-B, and half the section leaves really early. It looks terrible. Maybe the students are just spoiled with the recent success.