CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SouthCGC
No Curse
18IsTheMan
GoldenSpur7
everhopefulfan
Cocks N Stuff
Spurrier_Superior_On
GamecockUltimate
lake-cityCOCK89
peterlemon
My Observations Abou (1565)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1535)
Step back from the l (1149)
My outside view (891)
How far do we fall.. (768)
Shon Carson at KR (672)
Gurley lined up to t (640)
Shaq Roland (629)
Who else wants to se (605)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (471)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
What's your take on our a
Does anyone else think th
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
Gurley lined up to take U
Looking ahead to UGA
aTm vs Clemson
My Observations About USC
Is anybody still optimist
Confused fan here. Why i

Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #41
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb
Default Re: A Healthy Connor Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi3fcocksman View Post
Wolverine from X-Men couldn't stay healthy behind our line .
Geek post of the month.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #42
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownage McGee View Post
I don't mean this disrespectfully but I will be excited to see us begin the Connor Mitch era. Shaw is a good QB and a great Gamecock but I wish he could run the type of offense that SOS is so good at coaching.
Me too. But I'm looking forward to it starting in 2014. I like Shaw, and with his experience he will definitely be the man next season and should have his best season yet, which makes perfect sense to redshirt Mitch next season. Then I look forward to Mitch taking over and being that quarterback Spurrier has been looking for since he's taken over. If so, then his name will replace Steve Tanneyhill's and Todd Ellis' names on the wall at the end of his career.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #43
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltm View Post
How is Connor "small"? He's listed at 6'1 207 lbs. Aaron Murray weighs in at a whopping 6'1 210, Johnny Manziel at 6'1 200 lbs and A.J. McCaron at 6'4 210. He's going to get banged up because of the type of quarterback he is, and that's all there is to it.
There is no way he is 6'1" and I doubt he weighs 200.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #44
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

No way Mitch redshirts. SOS told him during recruitment that he would coach 4 more years if he signed.

If SOS thinks enough of this kid to extend his career for him I doubt he will be patient in getting him on the field. The coaching staff is extremely excited about CM.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #45
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Shaw can run the offense SOS wants but he has to trust his receivers and get the ball out of his hands much faster. He has the tools.
I don't agree with this at all.

There is a reason when Dylan goes in plays are called that we never see with Shaw in. It looks like a different team when Dylan is in. There is a reason spurrier calls different styles of plays when DT is in than when CS is in.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #46
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I don't agree with this at all.

There is a reason when Dylan goes in plays are called that we never see with Shaw in. It looks like a different team when Dylan is in. There is a reason spurrier calls different styles of plays when DT is in than when CS is in.
Two different quarterbacks, two differing skill sets, and two different play styles.

You'd prefer the coach call the same plays regardless of personnel?
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #47
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsecSC View Post
Two different quarterbacks, two differing skill sets, and two different play styles.

You'd prefer the coach call the same plays regardless of personnel?
No. You just proved my point.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #48
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

Is it just me or is it that some people are stupid prone.
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #49
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
No. You just proved my point.
Well we are the same team after all!

JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote