CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
Latti
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Travelin
B-G
Gamecocks1137
2014 Subway Classic: (1414)
Former Gamecock root (816)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Props to Eric Hyman. (637)
Four USC Basketball (552)
Franks boy's are pla (512)
Bowl packages (319)
5 apps to turn your (306)
My early Monday dinn (266)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (189)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Kentucky is dominating UC
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu
Question for those who ha
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
So, why is next year goin
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Franks boy's are playing
2015 Commitment - Quandes

Old 11-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #41
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: Quinshad Davis

(sarcasm font) You mean to tell me a guy who was a Parade All American the year before is now having a great season?!?! (/sarcasm font)

I wish he would've come here.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #42
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
We went out of our way to make room for him in January and he balked at the opportunity he didn't want to be here so be it
Thanks for some sensibility to this thread. Memories suck around here. Just look at the previous Q Davis thread here or google Quinshad Davis

Quote:
USC and Davis have gone round-and-round. USC had interest late last summer and put a offer on the table but Davis shied away from giving a strong indication he would sign at that time so USC looked at other wide outs. Those panned out so there was no room for Davis. Then some targeted recruits in other postions ended up going elsewhere so there was a discussion of Davis greyshirting but that did not sit well with him. So Coach Shawn Elliott revisited him lately to say that they currently have room for him in this year's class. He will be on campus this weekend for an official visit.
Link: http://www.leftoverhotdog.com/articl...had-davis.html
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I don't think he wanted to come here anyway. You could say cause we didn't pursue him aggressively enough as the reason but I don't think that is the case. I don't think he showed much interest in us and if he did show interest in us it wasn't enough to sign with us and work to be a starter against all our other WR signees. He wanted to go to North Carolina, felt comfortable to him so he signed. I don't think this is a case of the coaches dropping the ball, so to speak.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #44
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
your math is pretty bad.
52 catches 641 yds

Dude can ball and i wanted him here but he didnt really want to be here
Wow! Do we even have anyone over 600 yards?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #45
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Let's wait and see what he does against us next Aug...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #46
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

I think he might have been waiting for an offer from UF or UGA. He had two opportunities to play here (NO grayshirt) and didn't pull the trigger on either one. He probably made the right choice in UNC because their offense is so similar to what Gaffney ran last year. Regardless of offense style or conference, Quinshad is a helluva player.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #47
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Wow! Do we even have anyone over 600 yards?

I dunno but Bruce could have broken 200 yards last week pretty easy if we wanted. He's a beast and shaw finally figured it out the last two weeks.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #48
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyMBA View Post
Thanks for some sensibility to this thread. Memories suck around here. Just look at the previous Q Davis thread here or google Quinshad Davis

Link: http://www.leftoverhotdog.com/articl...had-davis.html
Wow if that is true, it looks like our coaches did the right thing, and QD just got his panties in a wad. I bet the insult of the "greyshirt offer" talk was just a front that he didn't want to have to deal with the depth we have at his position.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #49
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Let's see how good he is against non-ACC in December...oh wait...doh!

If you ask for drama you'll get drama. Then you can b*tch about the drama...
Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #50
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
your math is pretty bad.
52 catches 641 yds
Blame ESPN...I didn't add it up...they did.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #51
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDub2001 View Post
Blame ESPN...I didn't add it up...they did.
Espn clearly states that season stats are update nightly
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #52
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Espn clearly states that season stats are update nightly
Yeah...and I posted exactly what they had.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #53
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDub2001 View Post
Yeah...and I posted exactly what they had.
thought you posted in last night not 2 am, so I guess they were in the process of updating because I saw his total stat line during the game
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #54
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Who was the poster that had it bad for Quinshad?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #55
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Who was the poster that had it bad for Quinshad?

Hmm - wasn't it T8erh8er or something like that? The year before, it was Winthropcock who went insane over Golsen, right?
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #56
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

UVA? Does anyone know how bad they are? They are even bad in the ACC. Also, UNC's offense stays on the field because UNC has no defense. UVA and UNC both have no defense.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 11-16-2012 at 05:21 PM.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #57
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Greg Bryant is this year's Quinshad Davis. Probably could land the kid, but the coaching staff isn't pushing for him, because they're more interested in David Williams. Now watch we get Williams and Bryant goes somewhere else and blows it up.
There are negative things that may come with on-field success for some of these guys. SOS isn't willing to risk our team reputation and locker room camaraderie for a slightly better talent. I don't know anything about Bryant or Davis, so I'm not going there, just saying there are other things to consider. That's why you don't see character issues very often around here anymore.

I agree with others though, we haven't seen what Fuller and Williams can do yet. This may be premature.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #58
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
Hmm - wasn't it T8erh8er or something like that? The year before, it was Winthropcock who went insane over Golsen, right?
I wanted Golsen the QB really bad too, if we had had a shot at him and passed, I'd call that a big whiff. I don't know much about that situation though.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #59
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I wanted Golsen the QB really bad too, if we had had a shot at him and passed, I'd call that a big whiff. I don't know much about that situation though.
I believe Golson was set on going to UNC out of high school and somehow ended up at Notre Dame. We never really had a shot at him.
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #60
GDub2001
Banned

Male

Quote:
thought you posted in last night not 2 am, so I guess they were in the process of updating because I saw his total stat line during the game
Here's what I know...I was looking at the ESPN page with his game by game log as I typed the stats over here...it was about twenty 'til 3 in the morning...it appears ESPN had his game by game stats updated but had not updated the totals...my bad...my points still stand however...those ARE NOT the mind boggling numbers that one would expect to see from a guy who certain people on here were proclaiming to be some sort of superhuman athlete that our coaches were idiotic in turning away (which they didn't do) and still now make it seem as if we missed out on some kind of once in a lifetime prospect. If he was what some built him up to be then he should be torching a league like the ACC and it just ain't happening.