CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
I Bleed Garnet
Ericvol2096
taylorssc
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
gadeneer1986
gamecockgal
Travelin
Interesting quotes f (1194)
We're going to the N (823)
Have you ever been s (716)
Tennessee Offense Br (592)
This season and recr (336)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (282)
Anyone have a recipe (265)
Women's Team Ranked (249)
Key for 2015 defense (180)
Favorite online flas (175)
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
We're going to the NCAA T
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Lebron makes Cleveland re
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
Interesting quotes from D
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Chances we win out now?
Have you ever been so wro

Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #161
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: SOS not happy with students

It is absolutely pitiful.
We finally have a good product, and the students leave.
I know I graduated in 2010, but I would kill to be a student again and watch this team...and I know many students who don't get tickets but would stay the whole time.

I like the extra scan...reward those who stay the whole game with first priority...if they come, then leave at halftime, they should be put at the back of the virtual line for tickets.

It looks bad on TV, hurts recruiting and is embarassing to people like me who never left early...stayed for every ass whoopin we have given out and taken....heck, just think, if people left early they would have missed us beating Ole Miss when they were ranked.

Stay in the stands, even though it is Wofford...support those seniors who have given 4-5 years and countless hours representing the university.

It is the least you can do...oh, and give every senior a rousing ovation when they are announced at halftime...especially Kenny Miles.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #162
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
People come in over the period of a couple hours. If everyone stays, then everyone tried to leave at the same time. Simple concept.
like a handful of people come early. Most of them come in 1/2 hour before the game until kickoff. Just making excuses for lazy fans who don't like to wait in line, and want to be out drinking. If you don't care enough to wait in line so you can have tickets again, THAN DON'T! Leave early! Go buy a non-student ticket so you can leave early all you want if you want to come back.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #163
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
That would be a nice arguement if the Tennessee game didn't come down to the final minute. At no point in the 3rd quarter when the student section started to empty out was it clear South Carolina had that game in hand.

If the students thought that was an easy win then they are just ignorant football fans.
when they started leaving we had a double digit lead, and then the outpour in the 3rd was after we stretched the lead back to double digits, so most people figured the game was over then. there were a few who left when it was a one possession game, and I have no excuses to give for them. But hell, I stayed the whole time and didn't worry about Tennessee winning the game until their last 2 possessions, and I know just about everyone I was with who stayed the whole game felt the same.
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #164
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfan1214 View Post
I honestly think they should go back to the old system of waiting in line to get your ticket at the russel house. When you have to wait in line for a few hours you think twice about leaving early. Also I hate to say it but these attractive young ladies are the ones doing the damage. They get bored and wanna go have some more of their princess punch. I gave in a few times during my day at school.

Agree and agree. When you wait and line and get a ticket, it feels a little more special. When you print the ticket from your computer, it's cool, but it is more "eh I got a ticket."

Also it is hard not to leave when the girls in your group are clearly tired of the game of football. Many of them are just not big football fans.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #165
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Just because we got a double digit lead in the third quarter they thought the game was over? They must have really wanted to get the heck out of there if that is all it took. I hate to be sexist, but I am going to have to here. I think the problem with this system compared to the old first-come-first serve system is that more young women are getting the tickets they really don't want all that badly. Also, som guys that don't really care that much about the game either. But even if the dudes do want to stay, he's got go if she does. I know some ladies are really into sports, but most couldn't care less about the actual game and only go there for social reasons.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 11-16-2012 at 04:33 PM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #166
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Just because we got a double digit lead in the third quarter they thought the game was over?
That is exactly what I was thinking!

I read earlier in the season that a fan left because the game got "boring" and he went to find entertainment elsewhere. WTF?!? He and fans like him have polar opposite views on what is "exciting" or "entertaining". When the Cocks kick the ever living crap outta teams, that IS exciting and entertaining. I want to see that all day long!
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #167
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Just because we got a double digit lead in the third quarter they thought the game was over?
Tennessee isn't good. We're top 10 in the nation. We hardly ever lose at home, especially after getting a double digit lead. So I have no doubt most people that left when we got to a double digit lead figured we were going to win. Whether that's right or wrong is another story, but I have a feeling that's one of the biggest reason.

Same reason people left at half of ECU, UAB, Tennessee, and Arkansas when we went up by double digits, but not UGA. Those first teams aren't good, UGA is.
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #168
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

give the students a card... to enter and exit the game you have to punch in and out. leave before the 4th? you dont get tickets the rest of the season.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #169
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Just sent out an email to all students with the message from Spurrier
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #170
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Just sent out an email to all students with the message from Spurrier
Got it awesome move Katie. Hopefully some of these freshman and sophomores will learn.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #171
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I/m late to the party because I was working today and have a couple of questions after reading whole thread. First when did they move the student section to the North Endzone. When I went to school it was lowers on the other end where the run out during 2001. sorry for length of post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I think a start would be taking it back to the "waiting in line" solution.

For example, how many threads on CockyTalk or Facebook do you ever see of complete heartbreak over not getting a Student Ticket? Does it even happen anymore? I remember waiting in that being a really stressful situation especially when it was later in the week and I hadn't had my chance.
There were major issues with waiting inline as well. People would hold spots. I stood in line for a UGA game for 4 hours. Missed two classes then they ran out of tickets 5 people in front of me from people holding spots. Damn Greeks that were holding spots I complained to the ticket ladies and was told they were allowed to do it because of their block seating.

Quote:
Have you ever sold any of your Student Tickets? That was common practice for big games when I was in school (don't read that as "when I was in school")...the demand was there. People would get really upset when they didn't get a ticket and I can distinctly remember having our group of friends split when a game started...the ones who got Student Tickets...and the few who didn't.
I sold my student ticket for $150 for the black out game against UFin 2001 when SOS was their coach. I had another regular ticket with non student friends anyway. Got destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todescock View Post
Not the day of the game, give out tickets weeks prior to the game, this is how it was done. The line was started at times when class were NOT in session (early) so it didn't interfere with classes. It worked for ages why wouldn't it work now. Now everyone has smart phones and can browse the internet while sitting in line, makes it a 10x better experience.
This is BS I missed many classes standing in line. Didn't go to some games because I couldn't stand in line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
True. I was there in the early and late 90's (two different degrees, not the 10 year plan) and organizations had block seating. We tried our best to get tickets in our block, but if we got too late to the RH, well, we were out of luck.
and they whined about this and their blocks were enlarged. Then they would have a few stand in line and get the whole block. Then at the game they would try and claim even bigger blocks and run others out of their seats. Bama game in 2001 is the only game I have ever been kicked out of in my life. I got in a fight before the game when Sigma Nu tried to kick me and three of my friends out of our seats. I refused to leave. Usher came and said they had block seating. I said no I was in my assigned seat. Usher sided with me. Shit started after usher left. I beat the crap out of two pledges. Was lucky that the brothers hadn't come in yet. Kicked out of the stadium not arrested. Then bought a ticket outside and went back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
you can def go back to the old system....i was there for this new system and waiting in line.....no reason why we couldnt go back to the old system...when #1 UF came into town i was in line for like a hour i think, nothing major

and 45k sounds way too high...i dont think that is even close, also out of all the students at the university there are a lot that dont care about football, most of my friends in college didnt care about it
stood in line 3 hours for UF ticket in 2001. 45k students system wide 31k in Columbia

Quote:
Why because of the "fee?" What a joke. They could revoke that fee and raise your tuition to that exact same amount any time they want to. They don't OWE you any tickets, it's a gift.
how much is the fee? an athletic fee is not for tickets it is for use of the gyms IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I still blame it on

1. Overabundance of noon kick offs this year
2. Lack of a super challenging home schedule. Our only really hard game was UGA, and the crowd was great there.

That's why the issue has been noticed more this year.
The problem is the students being in the Endzone right in camera sight. 2001 we had 7 home games and 5 were 12:30 or 1:00 games. only two were night games. The problem wasn't near as widespread. The noon games cause late arrival but the people leaving early is the issue. It's all ESPNs fault. You had to go to the game to see the game as recently as 10 years ago.

There should be no season student tickets. All students that stay the whole game and have their tickets scanned on the way out should be rewarded the next year with season away tickets. I think staying and singing the alma mater should be a tradition like it is at ND and some other schools

Last edited by ccured; 11-16-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: also we smoked and drank openly in student section so no reason to leave back then
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #172
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

I was an undergrad from 2003-2006. I stood in line at the Russell House and planned my day around it. It was exciting and made me appreciate the game more. I stayed the entire game. Was amazing.

Now I am a grad student here and in my second and final year. I got lower level season tickets and it doesnt feel the same. The students that come didn't have to show they wanted a ticket. The just signed up and now have no attachment.

This is the single biggest reason why. I see it personally now.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #173
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

For those advocating for scanning students on the way out - just how could you enforce that? Me and my 19 yr old daughter are walking out early - she's not a Carolina student - "Let me scan your student ID" - "Don't have one" Hmmm.

Or would you change the rule that you can't leave without a ticket in hand? LOL!

(BTW - I wouldn't leave early based on principal AND I'm a cheap bastard - I want ALL my money's worth! Heck I shoot some bad golf so I get more strokes for my greens fees...)
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #174
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I feel that the standing in line is a logistical nighmare however it causes an emotional investment in the ticket
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #175
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

SOS has a right to be angry. His guys have busted their butt all year including the offseason and you would think that the students could at least stick around and show their support for most of the game.

It is a free country so I don't advocate making them stay against their will of course, but they deserve to be chided for the spoiled and apathetic way they've behaved this season. Unfortunately, it seems to be a microcosm for the youth of this country nowadays.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #176
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I think staying and singing the alma mater should be a tradition like it is at ND and some other schools
You can force a non-existent tradition.. should it be probably but the difference is that at those place is has been that way so long it is expected. Changing the attitude and culture "just like the SOS did with the football team" is what is needed. Im just glad that this issue is such a big deal with our fans, coach, administration. It will change probably not this saturday but the more it is brought up the more people will look for solutions. Until it is the running in as soon as the gates open, being loud and doing the cheers the whole game, and staying late is "thing to do" amongst students then i think will always have this problem on some level. how do we change it? i dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
The students that come didn't have to show they wanted a ticket. The just signed up and now have no attachment.

This is the single biggest reason why. I see it personally now.
I was a student there for both systems and I disagree with you that waiting in line made me want it more or feel more attached to my ticket. I liked the computer system never had a problem with it and it made me go to a few more basketball games then I probably would have so I could get some loyalty points.

In grad school at an acc school now and i will say lets just be happy our students actually come into the games. I have been to many games up here where the students come in mid 1st qt and are gone by halftime in BIG games, but then again it is the acc so it could always be worse
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #177
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
like a handful of people come early. Most of them come in 1/2 hour before the game until kickoff. Just making excuses for lazy fans who don't like to wait in line, and want to be out drinking. If you don't care enough to wait in line so you can have tickets again, THAN DON'T! Leave early! Go buy a non-student ticket so you can leave early all you want if you want to come back.
You are completely ignorant to what that would cause.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #178
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
For those advocating for scanning students on the way out - just how could you enforce that? Me and my 19 yr old daughter are walking out early - she's not a Carolina student - "Let me scan your student ID" - "Don't have one" Hmmm.

Or would you change the rule that you can't leave without a ticket in hand? LOL!

(BTW - I wouldn't leave early based on principal AND I'm a cheap bastard - I want ALL my money's worth! Heck I shoot some bad golf so I get more strokes for my greens fees...)
Like I said earlier, have event staff scan Carolina Cards after the game and reward those students with extra loyalty points. That way it would be a voluntary thing and you reward those who stay.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #179
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
Like I said earlier, have event staff scan Carolina Cards after the game and reward those students with extra loyalty points. That way it would be a voluntary thing and you reward those who stay.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #180
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
Loyalty points dont mean a damn thing unless you get rid of the season ticket format