CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
GarnetBlack&Blue
2000grad
JerseyBird
Acockolypse Now
NinjaSven
WeStill0wnUSC
Regalcock
Spurrier_Superior_On
gromweat
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (1990)
All of our defensive (1845)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1659)
Cack's Toast of the (1603)
Uniform thread (1569)
Rankings (1466)
3-4 "D" Ke (1219)
Will Devin ever suit (1030)
Update: Brison Willi (880)
Update: Brison Williams i
Men's soccer vs. Clemson
Over reacting?
Best Store bought Spaghet
2016 - Rozelle Nix
Not a talent issue
2015 Commitment - Shameik
No Fun League Strikes Aga
Kenny Hill arrested
Gamecock football Long Te

Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #281
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bowl Projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Rion:

If the final game is Oregon vs K State with Oregon being #1, Rose Bowl gets first pick.
They will take ND.
If K State is number 1, fiesta gets first pick and they will take ND.

Ah thanks, good to know.

Changes
ND vs Wisconsin or Nebraska In the Rose
Oregon gets #1 for facing an extra ranked team after K state doesn't face another team.

BAMA vs. a defeated team in the Sugar

OU vs UF Fiesta

Crappy BCS selection since the 2 schools per conference limit.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #282
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

IMO it's a down year in CFB all around.

Look at the top 3- Oregon looks scary and legimate. However, the schedule has been extremely weak to this point. Kansas St? Notre Dame? Carolina could very well be favored to beat both of these teams.

Even in the SEC: Bama has looked like a juggernaut at times, but the defense is clearly a notch below where it was last season. LSU and Florida have awesome defenses but the offenses are just plain poor even with the strong competition.

IMO UGA appears to be the highest ceiling and is the most complete team when they are clicking but in the only 2 tough games they've played, they got destroyed in one and barely won the second despite Florida handing them 6 turnovers or whatever the number was. Texas A&M looked great against Bama, but couldn't finish against LSU and Florida.

And SC has one dominant player (Clowney) and is above average to mediocre everywhere else.

And obviously the ACC etc. look horrible. Seems to be just a relatively down year in CFB.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #283
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Idk, I'd argue LSU is the best team in the SEC. I'll go hide now.

Seriously, Mettenberger starting to find his stride makes them scary good. I think they would beat the brakes off Bama and definitely Florida if they played again.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #284
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I agree on LSWHO. They are the best team today. They knocked bama all around the field and really would have easily won if les miles hadn't made about half a dozen huge screw-ups. Damn a john chavis team with an offense?!? Yikes.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #285
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Idk, I'd argue LSU is the best team in the SEC. I'll go hide now.

Seriously, Mettenberger starting to find his stride makes them scary good. I think they would beat the brakes off Bama and definitely Florida if they played again.
I tend to agree on LSU ... they have gotten better as the season has progressed, especially at the qb position. Had Chavis not gone to a prevent defense on Bama's last offensive series, LSU would be in the driver's seat in the West.

And imo, Georgia is probably the fifth best team in the conference, as they were worked over in Columbia and should have lost the Florida game which was played on a neutral site and UF had a ridiculous number of turnovers and still should have had a shot at taking that game to overtime. Murray plays great against weak competition (see Auburn) and he plays terribly against quality defenses (Carolina and UF this year).
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #286
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Ah thanks, good to know.

Changes
ND vs Wisconsin or Nebraska In the Rose
Oregon gets #1 for facing an extra ranked team after K state doesn't face another team.

BAMA vs. a defeated team in the Sugar

OU vs UF Fiesta

Crappy BCS selection since the 2 schools per conference limit.

They need to quit that crap. Give it to the teams that are most deserving.
Gamecocks321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #287
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I really think Alabama is the best team in the SEC and country. A&M beat them because they couldn't tackle and were flat. They were beaten down after the LSU game which I think we can relate to. The prospects of our being above the Chick-Fila are probably small, but we are right among the top 3 in our conference though we will likely be picked below Florida. If we beat Clemson and Ga gets beaten badly in the SECCG, we could be picked higher.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #288
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

These next few weeks, especially next week (rivalry week) is when bowl pictures will really start to clear up.

If the season were to end today, we would probably either go to the Chick Fil A or Outback.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #289
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I really think Alabama is the best team in the SEC and country. A&M beat them because they couldn't tackle and were flat. They were beaten down after the LSU game which I think we can relate to. The prospects of our being above the Chick-Fila are probably small, but we are right among the top 3 in our conference though we will likely be picked below Florida. If we beat Clemson and Ga gets beaten badly in the SECCG, we could be picked higher.
and Alabama turned it over 4 times I think including 2 picks....that never happens.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #290
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

My brother posted a message on my FB profile that one projection is South Carolina vs Georgia Tech in the CFA Bowl. I hope not because I'm a Tech fan as well.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #291
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
My brother posted a message on my FB profile that one projection is South Carolina vs Georgia Tech in the CFA Bowl. I hope not because I'm a Tech fan as well.
That would be an awful reward for a 10 win season out of the SEC.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #292
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I'm hoping for an outback bowl. Cap 1 is basically out of the question, unfortunately..

But first take care of wofford and Clemson!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #293
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

After all this craziness with Oregon and K State, where do we most likely stand now?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #294
NineInchSpurs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7500500
NineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot materialNineInchSpurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
CBS has USC vs NCst in CFA. But that is assuming we lose to clemson. They have the one loss taters vs kansas st in the fiesta. So that will change after next week.

Quote:
Chick-fil-ADec. 31Atlanta, Ga.ACC No. 2 vs. SEC No. 5N.C. State vs. South Carolina
NineInchSpurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #295
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I think we'll be going to the Michael Jordan-Hanes tagless bowl now.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #296
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineInchSpurs View Post
CBS has USC vs NCst in CFA. But that is assuming we lose to clemson. They have the one loss taters vs kansas st in the fiesta. So that will change after next week.
He is assuming UCLA will beat Stanford this weekend... I don't see that happening
Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #297
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I've thought about this:

If we beat Clemson- Outback/Cap 1

If we lose to Clemson- Chick Fil A

Obviously, i'd rather have us beat clemson and go to the Outback or back to the Cap 1. CFA is a great bowl, but i think we would deserve a better bowl at 10-2.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #298
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

CBS Sports predicts Carolina-NC State in the Chick-fil-A
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #299
CockyVet
Walk On

Male

CockyVet has hatched from the shell

I love going 10-2 and playing a 7-5 or 6-6 Big Ten or ACC team!
CockyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #300
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I'd rather play Michigan or Wisconsin in OB or Cap 1 then NC St or GT in the Chick Fil A!