CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2004)
Have you ever been s (1199)
Tennessee Offense Br (786)
Key for 2015 defense (678)
Women's Team Ranked (481)
This season and recr (422)
Skai Moore out for U (397)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (392)
Lebron makes Clevela (323)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (214)
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Uniforms for Tenn
Key for 2015 defense
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 11-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #1021
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit
Default Re: **USC vs. Wofford GAME Thread**

The clemmons fans are back. Go PAck
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #1022
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

I'm sorry, but we looked like shit. Why do we keep making excuses for shitty offensive play? Let's all be real about this. We suck on offense. We can't run or pass block. We are currently something like 90th in the country in total offense. Guess what? i don't think there is an ACC team other than Maryland that is worse (maybe Wake Forest). That's ****ing shitty.

How many years since Spurrier got here have we finished in the top half in total offense in the country? Once? Maybe twice? I see teams all the ****ing time with offenses that are performing like ours that fire their OC after two or three years of those performances. It's not too much to ask that our head coach take a serious look at removing himself as the OC after this season and hiring an up and coming OC to run the offense his way.

It's not too much to ask when our offense has consistently looked as bad as they do.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #1023
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
I'm sorry, but we looked like shit. Why do we keep making excuses for shitty offensive play? Let's all be real about this. We suck on offense. We can't run or pass block. We are currently something like 90th in the country in total offense. Guess what? i don't think there is an ACC team other than Maryland that is worse (maybe Wake Forest). That's ****ing shitty.

How many years since Spurrier got here have we finished in the top half in total offense in the country? Once? Maybe twice? I see teams all the ****ing time with offenses that are performing like ours that fire their OC after two or three years of those performances. It's not too much to ask that our head coach take a serious look at removing himself as the OC after this season and hiring an up and coming OC to run the offense his way.

It's not too much to ask when our offense has consistently looked as bad as they do.
Unfortunately, I have to agree.

Major changes are needed on the offensive side of the ball and God help us if we lose Ward.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #1024
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Just got home from game, and Carolina did what it had to do to get the win do just enough to keep everyone healthy and use very bland play calling. Wofford came to play today and it is good prep for the fight we are going to have next week. I told an older lady behind who was worried about next week I told we didn't need to do all that much just get the win and get out of the Brice. HBC is going to have them coached up next week.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #1025
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Just some perspective, Wofford played Clemson to 35-27 last year in death valley....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #1026
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:

How about you removing yourself instead?
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #1027
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
You do remember a couple of weeks ago when we lost that guy who was our #1 offensive star??

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #1028
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

I'm glad for the many positive things we accomplished today, and I'm especially glad we (mostly) escaped without injuries. But I don't think it's out of line for fans to have a bit of a bad taste in their mouths about how we handled our business today. Yes, Wofford is no pushover, but we can't seem to shake that Old Carolina habit of playing down to inferior competition. We shouldn't be in nailbiters against FCS teams in Week 11, triple option or no.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #1029
SAETerrier
Habitual Line-Stepper

Male

SAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot material

Congrats to Spurrier for tying the win record. Now BREAK IT next week!!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #1030
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

What was with the cops after the game today, I have been to many games in the past but this was the first game I could go to this year and getting back onto Shop Road after the game it was a dead stop for at least 30 minutes. The cops had stopped traffic right next to that Ministry building, and was letting the all the traffic out of the side road while the rest of Shop Road went into gridlock. This has never happened in years past has it been like that all season?
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #1031
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
You do remember a couple of weeks ago when we lost that guy who was our #1 offensive star??
We didn't look that much better with Marcus in the game. He elevated our team as a whole, but there were plenty of times where we just looked plain lost out there. And I love 21.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #1032
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

corey robinson should have been subbed
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #1033
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

From watching the game today, it looked like that they only practiced the same 3 or 4 plays all week in practice.

The offense looked vanilla today. It's bad when an FCS team can get 4 sacks on your duel threat QB.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #1034
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Spurrier is a great coach, maybe top 10. He is no longer among the elite guys in offensive strategy though. If you disagree with me ,instead reasoning that the players are the problem, then you must then admit that SOS refuses to adapt to his personnel, the ones he himself has assembled. There's no other interpretation that works anymore. I think he has done a fine job with Shaw, but it's like he doesn't stick with what works long enough. Dylan was dropping bombs on defenses earlier in the year. Why not whip whatever that was out today? Its like he's afraid to veer off course, even a little.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #1035
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talons

This! Guy had a rough day. Missing blocks all day and 2 false starts.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #1036
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

yeah, got back from the game. Our offense was pitiful. Defense played well though.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #1037
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I cant help but wonder how much of Spurrier's success is from our defenses. We had one good offensive year, 2006. I believe we were something like 21st in the nation. Outside of that we have been pretty bad. Spurrier will never have an OC. If he did tho, it would be Jr. or someone he could collectively contribute with. I just dont see him letting someone else take the reigns. But with all of this said, we are 9-2. I will take it my friends.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #1038
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I cant help but wonder how much of Spurrier's success is from our defenses. We had one good offensive year, 2006. I believe we were something like 21st in the nation. Outside of that we have been pretty bad.
Our Offensive Line is always, well.... offensive. I'm tired of seeing this same stuff. Bad offensive line, and playing down to the competition. New week next week though.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #1039
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Defense is SEC football. Any team can go off for points. Who thought LSU would put up big numbers like they did today?
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #1040
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Spurrier is a great coach, maybe top 10. He is no longer among the elite guys in offensive strategy though. If you disagree with me ,instead reasoning that the players are the problem, then you must then admit that SOS refuses to adapt to his personnel, the ones he himself has assembled. There's no other interpretation that works anymore. I think he has done a fine job with Shaw, but it's like he doesn't stick with what works long enough. Dylan was dropping bombs on defenses earlier in the year. Why not whip whatever that was out today? Its like he's afraid to veer off course, even a little.
You really can't be serious with this post. Steve Spurrier has adapted in his time here probably more than any other coach in college football. Do you remember when we moved a WR to QB (Syvelle Newton). WE went from under the I with Blake to recruiting dual threat guys and running the zone read. When we have to run it 50 times to win, that is what we do. When we need to throw it 40 times, that is we have done.

I am sorry, but I seriously don't understand how anyone can say that Steve Spurrier hasn't adapted to his players. That just makes no sense to me.

IN FACT, if you ask ANY national guy about Steve Spurrier and what he has done well, ALL OF THEM would say that what he has done better than anything else is that he has adapted to his personnel. In fact, I have heard it many times this year.

Sorry, but the idea that Spurrier hasn't adapted is just crazy.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote