CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
ertman420
MWard
bigdog2003
Cunningham wants to (1173)
ESPN article on Clow (775)
Clemson Georgia Game (658)
Fumble party (367)
New Led Zep releases (151)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (146)
Truly Inspiring (133)
2014 garnet and blac (84)
2 tickets for USC vs (8)
Chick Redefines the (0)
The Bama series
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -
2015 - Davon Durant
2016 - Issac Nauta
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Jordan Scarlett -
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
The Flash
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
The Flash is learning to peckThe Flash is learning to peck
Default Clemson Offense Vs USC Defense

How many points can they score on our defense, at home, at night?
How many points does our Offense need to be able to score to beat them?
I think they can score 34. I am not sure we can score 35 on the road.
What say you?
The Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson Offense Vs USC Defense

I think if we score 30 or more we win
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I think if we score 30 or more we win
Clemson will score over 30 points. Not saying we lose, but we will need to score 40.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Clemson will score over 30 points. Not saying we lose, but we will need to score 40.
Clemson hasn't played a D like ours, IMO.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

This is gonna be fun. Probably the biggest rivalry game between these two schools. I think Clemson will be between 28-38 points and your offense will likely be in that same window.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his comb

Clemson reminds me so much of West Virginia this year. Offensively they can exploit a weak defense. Defensively they tire quickly and can't stop average offenses. I'm not sure this years game will be much diferent than last years, except I think Clemson might not be as good on defense this year.

Our worry is health.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Clemson hasn't played a D like ours, IMO.
Yes, I understand that, but Clemson also scored 62 today in 3 quarters. Our defense gave up more than 30 to Tennessees offense and I really believe Clemsons offense is just as good if not better than Tennessees.

I want to beat Clemson so bad it will make me sick all week. I would love to find a way to discredit their offense, but if I am honest with myself, I really do think their offense is just as good as anyone's in the country.

They will score over 30 on us and below 40. That is what I think.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

I can see this being very back and forth and coming down to a field goal like 2006 and 2007. Clemson has the kind of offense that will score points no matter what, so we will have to lean heavily on our D in this one. Our offense can probably take advantage of their secondary some, but with how we've performed lately, I doubt it will be enough. The ability to make crucial stops and get their offense off the field will be key.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Clemson's offense is good, but keep in mind their defense also gave up 600 yards of offense and 48 points tonight.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Yes, I understand that, but Clemson also scored 62 today in 3 quarters. Our defense gave up more than 30 to Tennessees offense and I really believe Clemsons offense is just as good if not better than Tennessees.
I hear you, but Clemson does not have an offensive line as good as Tennessee's. Arkansas came at us with an attack very similar to Tennessee's and we performed much better against them because they don't have a strong line. Of course, Clemson is better than Arkansas across the board, so I look for our performance against them to be somewhere in the middle of how we played against Tennessee and Arkansas. So, probably not as poorly as we played against UT, probably not as dominating as we ended up being against Arky.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm quite worried about our QB play. I think injuries are not only hampering Shaw, but effecting is confidence as well.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I hear you, but Clemson does not have an offensive line as good as Tennessee's. Arkansas came at us with an attack very similar to Tennessee's and we performed much better against them because they don't have a strong line. Of course, Clemson is better than Arkansas across the board, so I look for our performance against them to be somewhere in the middle of how we played against Tennessee and Arkansas. So, probably not as poorly as we played against UT, probably not as dominating as we ended up being against Arky.
You're comparing Ark to Clemson? Clemson scores damn near twice as much per game.

If I were an SC fan I'd be worried about your "offense"
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_doc View Post
You're comparing Ark to Clemson? Clemson scores damn near twice as much per game.

Keep in mind that Clemson has also been playing Wake Forest, Duke, Maryland, etc. It's much easier to put up video game numbers against those defenses than the likes of Alabama and LSU.

At any rate, I'm comparing Arkansas and Clemson -- along with Tennessee -- only in the sense that they all have very potent passing attacks that can roll up yards in bunches. I think that's a fair comparison to make.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #14
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudly

Quote:

Seems to me that if your premise is that we need to score 40 to win then that's the same as saying we lose. We can't put up that many points against anybody in my opinion.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #15
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:

I'd be worried about your defense if I were a Clemson Fan.

NC State scores 48? Seriously?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Pressure on Boyd will be key. If Boyd has time to throw, we will be playing catch up all game long. Not good especially on the road. Offensively we need to establish the run. Keep their offense off the field as much as possible.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

I think our ability to run on them will be a big factor in this game. If we can run the ball effectively and create some 10+ play drives(with points) it will 1... keep their offense off the field and 2... allow the defense time to rest, especially the d-line, as they may determine the outcome of the game.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I'd be worried about your defense if I were a Clemson Fan.

NC State scores 48? Seriously?
If SC gives up 48, they lose by 3 TDs.

Then again, SC had 17 points against an FCS team at home. I dunno, I guess you're extremely confident about your team's chances? Yes?
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
usc1insec
4-Star

Male

usc1insec is sharpening his clawsusc1insec is sharpening his clawsusc1insec is sharpening his clawsusc1insec is sharpening his clawsusc1insec is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ35 View Post
I think our ability to run on them will be a big factor in this game. If we can run the ball effectively and create some 10+ play drives(with points) it will 1... keep their offense off the field and 2... allow the defense time to rest, especially the d-line, as they may determine the outcome of the game.
This^^^

Hail to the Green Stripe!
usc1insec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
If SC gives up 48, they lose by 3 TDs.

Then again, SC had 17 points against an FCS team at home. I dunno, I guess you're extremely confident about your team's chances? Yes?
And you gave up 48, and broke more records with your D at home.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote