CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
B-G
thekob
Spurticus
MWard
uscjeremynca
markp_vip
Aggie96
TheUniversityofSC
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (532)
Bonefish Grill (512)
What Are The Most Im (428)
Kansas to invest $75 (409)
When does fall pract (379)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (375)
Jaguars Justin Black (306)
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING (239)
George Harrison Memo (205)
Jaguars Justin Blackmon A
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SOS Dominating SEC Media
Texags
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Official SEC Network and
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Destiny Beta
Green and Lammons
Kansas to invest $75 mill

Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default A win is a win

By no means was this a great performance, but a win is a win! Undefeated at home and spurrier tied the record.

Clemson is next.

Last edited by uscgamecocks88; 11-17-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Typo
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
gamecocktillidie
Walk On

Male

gamecocktillidie has hatched from the shell
Default Re: A win is a win

I look at like this. People tend to overlook the fact you are dealing with 18-22 year olds. I mean when you woke up this morning were you really excited for the Wofford game? Like you were for the UGA or will be for the Clemson game next week? Of coarse not, to me games like this has to be the hardest for any coach in America. These kids know they are above and beyond talent wise to these schools. We will come out and play much better next week.
gamecocktillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

First undefeated season at home since 1987
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Congrats to Coach Steve Spurrier for tying the all time win mark at South Carolina! Hope he stays to double it!! Go Cocks!
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Yes, Sir! Now let's take care of them bi-gers!
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
Justhatguy
4-Star

Male

Justhatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocktillidie View Post
I look at like this. People tend to overlook the fact you are dealing with 18-22 year olds. I mean when you woke up this morning were you really excited for the Wofford game? Like you were for the UGA or will be for the Clemson game next week? Of coarse not, to me games like this has to be the hardest for any coach in America. These kids know they are above and beyond talent wise to these schools. We will come out and play much better next week.
I agree that these guys sometimes need motivation but when you look at Alabama's score today or Texas A&M against Sam Houston, they dont play down to their opponents. The only think I have to say is that if we had scored 20 something straight points off the bat, I bet that would have motivated our team to just have fun out there.

In the end, the OP is right, a win is a win and winning consistently is always good. I just want our team to play consistently well so that when the coaches look at film and say "this play is a bread and butter play" or "this play works so well" we can run those all day.
Justhatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Why do we always end up having to settle for "a win is a win" instead of smashing teams like this into oblivion.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Why do we always end up having to settle for "a win is a win" instead of smashing teams like this into oblivion.
I don't understand. It seems like we should be able to be able to throw all over this team.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

For once I would like to see us soundly defeat a team like Wofford or Furman instead of pulling it out in the 4th quarter.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I don't understand. It seems like we should be able to be able to throw all over this team.
We have bad OTs and a QB who does not trust the system. It a recipe for bad results in Spurrier's offense.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
We have bad OTs and a QB who does not trust the system.
Everyone other quarterback makes it look so easy. Ole miss QB just threw a perfect pass for a TD. And all our QB does is dump the ball off and overthrow screen passes. It's so annoying.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #14
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I thought it was a good win doing what needed to be done and get out healthy. Execution needs to pick up.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
damron
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1800
damron is sharpening his clawsdamron is sharpening his clawsdamron is sharpening his clawsdamron is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhatguy View Post
I agree that these guys sometimes need motivation but when you look at Alabama's score today or Texas A&M against Sam Houston, they dont play down to their opponents. The only think I have to say is that if we had scored 20 something straight points off the bat, I bet that would have motivated our team to just have fun out there.

In the end, the OP is right, a win is a win and winning consistently is always good. I just want our team to play consistently well so that when the coaches look at film and say "this play is a bread and butter play" or "this play works so well" we can run those all day.
well, in my opinion, our score today was a hell of a lot more impressive than TX A&M's...granted, I didn't see any of that game, but based on scores, I think we should jump back over them in the BCS...it gripes me a bit that they jumped SEVEN spots beating AL last week...

enough of that rant...on to the most important game of the year...go beat clempson!!!...RMO III
damron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #16
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

It's weird how we can soundly beat Georgia and Arkansas but struggle with Wofford.

Oh well, we still won and thats what matters. Now on to Clemson. Btw, they have no D and have the easiest schedule. They already talking crap...
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
It's weird how we can soundly beat Georgia and Arkansas but struggle with Wofford.

Oh well, we still won and thats what matters. Now on to Clemson. Btw, they have no D and have the easiest schedule. They already talking crap...
Those rich boys came to play today but ended up getting neutered anyway. Too bad they weren't served for dinner. Can't stand Wofford at all.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
jhawk3
Walk On

Male

jhawk3 has hatched from the shell

Remember the Citadel game last year and what happened the next week.
jhawk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #19
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by damron View Post
well, in my opinion, our score today was a hell of a lot more impressive than TX A&M's...granted, I didn't see any of that game, but based on scores, I think we should jump back over them in the BCS...it gripes me a bit that they jumped SEVEN spots beating AL last week...

enough of that rant...on to the most important game of the year...go beat clempson!!!...RMO III
um..

a&m was up 47 to 0 with 11:30 left in the 3rd quarter before calling off the dogs...

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

yeah im glad we dont play them this yr
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote