CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1805)
The #AskEmmert Q& (578)
Stadium Ratings-Site (427)
Construction of Worl (284)
Peach Bowl name retu (281)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (279)
Save Electricity By (233)
HELP calculating acr (202)
NBA Wants to Up Age (139)
How Experienced In P (134)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
jesse james
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs
Default Re: WOW! SEC Owns Spots 4-9 in the BCS Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
It's awkward to think that a conference with SO many teams near the top of the rankings still might not have a team in the MNC. This is why we need a 8 team playoff system.
Not just the NC game . . . The SEC has 6 of the top 9 teams in the nation, and only two of them will get to play in a top-tier bowl game because of a rule that artificially ensures that all of the major conferences get a little BCS money by not allwoing more than two teams from one conference.

On ESPN last night Brad Edwards explained that becasue of that rule, we will probably see teams that are ranked #15-20 selected to fill spots in the BCS bowl games . . . that's a travesty!
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Just shows how hard it is to make it through an SEC schedule undefeated. Meanwhile Oregon beats an awful Cal team, Notre Dame schedules a few ACC cupcakes and Kansas St. plays TCU who has zero offense if anyone watched that game.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Did you not see the Oregon- Southern Cal game last week??? Oregon has no defense. Souther Cal hung 50 on then in a loss.

This is the same ole same ole for Oregon . . . They had the same high profile offense in 2010 and ran into an SEC defense in the National Championship game and scored what, one touchdown agiants Auburn.
Point taken. But who in the SEC has an offense on the level of Southern Cal? Georgia is the closest, though Bama and LSU would probably be able to run the ball. But even so can they keep up with Oregon? Not sure there. And Auburn held Oregon to 20, but you forget that Oregon also slowed the Cam Newton-led Auburn offense that was unstoppable all year in the SEC. Not like Auburn won in a blow out.

Will admit that Oregon's schedule to this point has been awful and will see more in the last couple of games.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #24
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
No longer will you be able to play a cupcake schedule like the ACC and qualify for BCS bowls.
Hallelujah!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
foezopen
4-Star

Male

foezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Time for Florida and South Carolina to push the ACC out of existence.............

The ACC still exists???? never heard of em !!!

Shot at 2007-12-20
foezopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I want to know why when Clemson is ranked low because of computer rankings and SOS people use it in debates.

But when the computers rank ND 1 because of their SOS people say its biased and not true.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Can't wait for the play off system to start in 2014. Then the AQ status goes away and it will be based on rankings for the 4 team play off. No longer will you be able to play a cupcake schedule like the ACC and qualify for BCS bowls.
Na. The ACC still has their contract with the Orange Bowl. (Once the playoff begins)
As does the Big10/PAC 12 to the Rose and Big 12/SEC to the Sugar.

Orange Bowl will be the ACC champ (unless in the 4 team playoff- lol)vs ND, an SEC team or Big 10 team. (Matters who they pick)

The big east lost its BCS bid

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

I see it this way, Gamecocks beat Wofford & Clemson, Georgia loses to Alabama in the SECCG. We get a second tier bowl & beat up on an ACC or big 12 team & wind up in the top 10 (probably around #7 or #8).

For this old Gamecock fan, that is pretty darn good.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #29
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

I think Bama will still end up in the title game. Its hard to go undefeated and I think two of the three will lose a game.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #30
jesse james
Recruit

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
I see it this way, Gamecocks beat Wofford & Clemson, Georgia loses to Alabama in the SECCG. We get a second tier bowl & beat up on an ACC or big 12 team & wind up in the top 10 (probably around #7 or #8).

For this old Gamecock fan, that is pretty darn good.
THIS ^^^^^^

If we take care of business, there's still a lot that could happen above us in the polls the next few weeks:

Oregon v Stanford - 11/17
Kansas State v Texas - 11/24
Oregon @ Oregon St - 11/24
Notre Dame A Southern Cal - 11/24
Florida @ Florida State - 11/24
Alabama v Georgia - 12/1
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #31
woodscock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
woodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I believe any of the 4-9 SEC teams would beat ND and KSU.
CT, with respect, i'll take a hit off that joint your smoking. ND maybe but KS, no way.
woodscock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #32
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Not just the NC game . . . The SEC has 6 of the top 9 teams in the nation, and only two of them will get to play in a top-tier bowl game because of a rule that artificially ensures that all of the major conferences get a little BCS money by not allwoing more than two teams from one conference.

On ESPN last night Brad Edwards explained that becasue of that rule, we will probably see teams that are ranked #15-20 selected to fill spots in the BCS bowl games . . . that's a travesty!
And the consequence will be revenue loss for the major bowls and the TV networks because who the hell wants to watch Rutgers or Louisiana Tech in the Orange or Sugar Bowl. I know I won't be wasting any time on most of them.
doc
Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #33
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 94940
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Still hoping the voters will make adjustments over the last few weeks like they did a couple of years ago when it looked like an overrated Boise St team might actually make the NC game . . . the "human" pollsters dropped Boise State down enogh to get them out of the top two.

I believe that after all the dust settles, we will still see a 1 loss SEC team in the NC game this year, even if there are still two or three unbeatens left.

If there are 2 or 3 unbeatens the SEC is out...that being said I think Oregon and ND both lose before the season is over.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #34
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Called it. Nd may lose too.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #35
sqgator
Walk On

Male

sqgator is learning to pecksqgator is learning to peck

As it is now. Alabama will destroy ND.
sqgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
jesse james
Recruit

Male

Texas A&M beat Bama last week and jumped us in all the polls, and unfortuantely Stanford will do the same this week with the win over Oregon. Gamecocks will likley slip to #10, and Florida State will drop out of the top 10, leaving ACC with two one-loss teams, neither of which will be in the BCS top ten . . .

If we don't absolutey beat down Clemson, we risk sliding out of the BCS top 10 if Oregon State beats Oregon and/or Texas beast Kansas State next week - because they will both jump over us juts like A&M and Stanford.

Computers will give us no credit at all for beating Clemson, which is not ranked at all in one of the computer polls and is ranked 22nd in another . . . so our only hope is a big enough beatdown that the human pollsters take notice.