CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
thekob
Master Bedroom
CockyRyan
Gamecocks1137
Captain9Dragons
USCBASEBALL1
COCKYTALKIN
B-G
Clemson Recruiting.. (4113)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1693)
Ranking the Opposing (1610)
Not a Rival.. (1226)
Gamecock Coaches as (1023)
Hello Gamecocks! (654)
John Rocker at rock (610)
Marching band (574)
Muschamp + fan = win (259)
Section 16 (234)
2015 - Mon Denson
Please Post Over/Under Wi
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
Clemson Recruiting...how
So what do you do with 18
Question about tailgating
My predictions for 2014
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
Section 16
Marching band

Old 11-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Williams-Brice Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I think they should cover up the openings. So people couldn't stand and watcht the game from them.
I don't understand it either, but, I do understand that even I don't understand it all. Some people prefer it, so be it. This allows us to exceed our seating capacity by about 5,000. I do think that it would be stupid to spend several hundred thousand dollars to cover them up and:

*take away one of the unique features of our stadium

*take away something that many of our fans enjoy doing

*cram these fans back in their seats giving the fans that are on that row less room to sit

*block the airflow that helps cool the stadium on the hot days

*decrease our potential attendance each game

Seems like a stupid idea to spend money that could be spent constructively elsewhere on something that decreases some peoples enjoyment of the game, restricts air flow within the stadium, and decreases attendance. But, perhaps that's just me.

Why does everybody else have to fit your mold?

Besides, I like when tv coverage comes back from a commercial break and shows people standing there. Makes it look like we're cramming people into every available square inch...
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #22
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

An upper deck with the ramps is certainly possible with today's engineering.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #23
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

That place has good moonshine!!
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I dont understand people saying ramps help attendence. It doesnt they dont sell standing room tickets. The excess capacity comes from more press passes more sideline passes and increased volunteers that get to watch 3/4 of a game for free and makw me have stand inline for drink longer because there are too many in the booth
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #25
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

If you're going to paint the ramps paint them all the way down & all the way around looks really tacky the way they are now. I wouldn't mInd them takIng them down & replacing it with steel glass ramps or BRICKING THE STADIUM UP! Our stadium looks like a giant slab of concrete.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #26
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

In a pure esthetic view, they look awesome with the red paint. They are part of Carolina. Keep the ramps.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #27
Carolina_Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Carolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spursCarolina_Gamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Wouldn't that cut into the capacity numbers?

Seating capacity is 80,250 so I assume that to get things like the record crowd from the UGA game this year of 85,199, a lot of that came from people watching from the ramps?
Alot of it did come from the people on the ramps. I was there personally with 3 others and we had a great view but not only that. It was HYPE AS HELL in that ramp! But it was the GA game. I suspect every part was...
Carolina_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #28
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Well since I have bum knees, walking up those ramps today was a real pain in the ass. No, in the knees! I had to stop several times because my right knee kept popping out of joint. However, I don't have a problem with people watching the game from them. If they paid to come into the stadium, they should be able to stand if they don't want to sit.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #29
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb

I like the ramps. Painting them garnet and black might look good though.
Also I heard that they were talking about doing some landscaping to the area right outside Williams Brice. Anyone know if that is true?
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #30
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Like I said time and time again!!

Paint the entire ramps Garnet or don't paint them at all.

Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #31
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

My older son was scared of heights as a child and after the first time he felt the upper deck move he refused to go up there again. So we've stood on the ramps for the past twenty-five years. And my younger son is 6'4" and 290 lbs. Try fitting that in a seat. And to be honest, the view from the next to the top ramp is a lot better than from the top of the upper deck, and its out of the sun many times.
If you don't like the ramps, go sit down.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #32
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
An upper deck with the ramps is certainly possible with today's engineering.
Check out 'Bama's stadium for proof of this.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #33
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Like I said time and time again!!

Paint the entire ramps Garnet or don't paint them at all.

I like that...looks sharp.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #34
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

It's just, when I sit at home at watch the game on tv I see empty seats. That wouldn't be empty if y'all werent standing on the ramps, pisses me off.
White text? Of course
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:23 AM   #35
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Besides, I like when tv coverage comes back from a commercial break and shows people standing there. Makes it look like we're cramming people into every available square inch...
it does look great, until they pull back to show a wide shot of the stadium and you see the empty upper decks....
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #36
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
It's just, when I sit at home at watch the game on tv I see empty seats. That wouldn't be empty if y'all werent standing on the ramps, pisses me off.
Doesn't mean they have to change it just because it upsets you...in fact that's a pretty arrogant way to look at it to be honest.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #37
usc4lyf
Recruit

Male

usc4lyf is learning to peckusc4lyf is learning to peck

Quote:
I never understand why people would wanna watch the game from them. You can see better from your seats. And the stadium wouldn't look as empty.
Yes you can see better from the ramps. We normally go stand on them in the 4th quarter.
usc4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
dffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spurs

i stood on the ramp from when i could see over the sides till when i became a student. great times. its really a good view of the game and 2001 if your on the sw ramp
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #39
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb

I bought so bad tickets off of craigslist didnt know it until we got to the gate and our tickets were denied. The lady at the gate felt sorry for us so let us in and we stood on the ramps and alot of the people around there said that they didn't have tickets. Some said that they knew somone at the gate or they snuck in or paid somone to sneak them in.

I do not agree with sneaking in or paying somone to sneak you in but the ramps worked out good for us. and it is not a bad view at all. They can get pretty cold though when the wind is whipping.

"I am not a desert but a SANDSTORM builds within me"
Spurman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #40
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

The stadium has never had that "finished" feel and it looks as if multiple engineering firms designed it without much foresight. The paint and names have been an improvement but it still has a ways to go. As for closing in the ramps, tearing them down, making a complete bowl of the stadium, that would be more expensive than starting from scratch and building a new one. That's not going to happen especially when we don't fill up the place during the prime of our football program. I agree with others, completely paint them, do some more ROI type upgrades and move on to other ways to invest the $ to build this program.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote