CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
MountainCock
ReadR00ster
COCKYTALKIN
The Yancey
smoovecock
RGHoskins
Kaka
donbgamecock
The Gator Bowl wants (1731)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1476)
USC will upset Aubur (1275)
A simple defensive l (1083)
In-state QB talent (1072)
In-state QB talent (968)
Which loss hurt wors (687)
Texas athletic direc (669)
USC Picked 12th By S (451)
Ranking the SEC Foot (438)
Tennessee game
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Cann tipping plays?
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Thoughts on the basketbal
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Name a Gamecock
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I think we beat Aubur
USC will upset Auburn; Wh

Old 11-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Cool BCS AT-LARGE CHANCES?

Coming into today, I was thinking that the winner of the USC @ Clempson game had a legitimate chance of an AT-LARGE bid to the BCS......
What are your thoughts on this happening?

And besides us beating Clempson, what other games should we be watching that may help our chances?

Finally, KState and Oregon losing, does this help or hurt our cause, or have any real effect on our chances?

And making the assumption that we did pull out a BCS AT-LARGE berth, which BCS bowl would we likely get?

Really hoping we could somehow get our first BCS bid, and close out our season on an extremely high note! Beating Clempson in the Palmetto bowl would be awesome...... but getting a BCS AT-LARGE bid could be a HUGE opportunity for us as well!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: BCS AT-LARGE CHANCES?

Focus on Clemson first, then worry about bowl bids.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

I really don't see us having a chance unless A&M loses to Mizzou next week in College Station.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

I think a ND lost will allow three SEC teams in the BCS
mike1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #5
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

We need a
------------------------------
#1Texas A&M Lost
#2Georgia "Rivalry or SECCG Lost"
#3 Florida "Lost"
LSU "Optional"
ND "Optional'
mike1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Not happening due to the "only 2 per conference" rule. Which in my opinion is horseshit, but they didnt consult me.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #7
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
Not happening due to the "only 2 per conference" rule. Which in my opinion is horseshit, but they didnt consult me.
nm
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
But a conference team in the NC game doesn't count against the "two per conference" number. That is why tonight did put SC back in BCS bowl picture. Three teams from SEC can be in BCS bowls as long as one of the teams is in NC game.
No, thats why Arkansas was not allowed into the BCS last season. Had Georgia beaten LSU in the SEC title game and LSU and Alabama ended up 1&2 in the BCS then we would have had 3 teams, but unless the conference has 1 and 2 plus a conference champion on top of that there can not be 3 teams in a conference.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
No, thats why Arkansas was not allowed into the BCS last season. Had Georgia beaten LSU in the SEC title game and LSU and Alabama ended up 1&2 in the BCS then we would have had 3 teams, but unless the conference has 1 and 2 plus a conference champion on top of that there can not be 3 teams in a conference.
I changed my post as soon as I typed it out.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1520 View Post
Rules say no more than 2 teams from any one conference.....sorry.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is one thing that changes in 2014 under the new 4 team playoff format. SEC could get 3 even 4 under the right circumstances in the group of 12.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #12
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

So just to be clear..... even if Bama plays in the NC game, we can only get 2 teams from the SEC in the BCS? I thought we could get 3 if one team is playing for the NC???
Old 11-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
So just to be clear..... even if Bama plays in the NC game, we can only get 2 teams from the SEC in the BCS? I thought we could get 3 if one team is playing for the NC???
Nope.

Take last year for example. The Sugar bowl usually has an SEC team, but since it was Alabama vs LSU for the championship game, we couldn't have another team in the BCS
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #14
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Nope.

Take last year for example. The Sugar bowl usually has an SEC team, but since it was Alabama vs LSU for the championship game, we couldn't have another team in the BCS
Thats ghey
Old 11-18-2012, 03:01 AM   #15
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Nope.

I could have swore that there was a way to get 3 teams in......Maybe its when 2 SEC teams are in the Championship, then we could get a 3rd team in......

For me, next weeks game is the biggest game left, no matter what happens bowl wise! Sick of hearing how great Clempson's offense is! Never mind how pathetic their defense is!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:18 AM   #16
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I could have swore that there was a way to get 3 teams in......Maybe its when 2 SEC teams are in the Championship, then we could get a 3rd team in......

For me, next weeks game is the biggest game left, no matter what happens bowl wise! Sick of hearing how great Clempson's offense is! Never mind how pathetic their defense is!
the only way to get 3 in is if the championship is an SEC at-large (number 1) and SEC at-large (number 2) with the SEC champion not being ranked in the top two.

example last year:

If UGA beat LSU..

Bama could have been 1
LSU could have been 2
UGA would have been 5

in this scenario, all three would go

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #17
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:

There is only one way to get three into the BCS from one conference:

Teams 1&2 in the championship that neither are the conference champion and Team 3 that is lower ranked than the two mentioned before but wins the conference championship (either in a title game or not).
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #18
tulorox17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
tulorox17 has feathers coming intulorox17 has feathers coming intulorox17 has feathers coming in

We're not getting the second SEC bid to the BCS. We're behind at least Florida, Georgia, and LSU in the pecking order for it, and probably Texas A&M as well.
tulorox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #19
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yet Clemson could go, even if they lose to us.

Kill the BCS with fire.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1520 View Post
that means that Georgia wins and Florida and Bama are 1-2.

yea won't happen

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote