CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
smoovecock
A. Pilgrim
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Travelin
kingoftheroost
robgusc76
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2950)
Gamecockology Helms (1034)
SEC QB's in the Red (998)
Little know stat (We (983)
Where do you like to (551)
We're going to the N (528)
Amelia Earhart Plane (340)
Have you ever been s (260)
Tennessee Offense Br (251)
This season and recr (228)
Have you ever been so wro
Interesting quotes from D
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tennessee - South Carolin
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
What does it take to win?
Uniforms for Tenn
official UFC thread. (new
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
Tennessee Offense Breakdo

Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #21
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material
Default Re: BCS Chaos

The real kicker would be if uga lucks out against Bama and ends up playing a very beatable ND in the NC game. I mean Bama could fumble six times and uga could win by two. The whole reason for the BCS was to insure that a team that plays a pussy schedule would not win the NC. I guess its still broken.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #22
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1520 View Post
What would happen if we beat the taters

ND lost
Bama Wins
Geogia lost
Florida Lost
LSU Lost
A&M lost
Stanford Lost

would we play for NC
Yes, but VERY unlikely.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #23
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Yes, but VERY unlikely.
So you're telling me there's a chance.....
Old 11-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #24
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Yes, but VERY unlikely.
It is VERY unlikely and I definitely wouldn't bet on it or even hope for it. The chances are slim to none, but isn't that pretty much the way LSU got in the NC game in 2008? I think they went from 7th or 8th to the NC game in the last week of the season.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #25
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I don't even think about a BCS match up anymore. I let that go after A&M took down Bama. Even before then it would have taken a lot of what If's for us to get a BCS bid.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #26
wildwes
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs

I believe there is little chance that Notre Dame will win at Southern Cal even though Trojans are not a very good team with 4 losses already. Notre Dame is just not a very solid team and will struggle on West Coast.

The SEC champsionship game winner (Alabama-Georgia) is in BCS National Championship game. They will likely play winner of Florida-Florida State game.

Here's hoping Forida beats Florida State and for the second year in a row SEC team who did not win their division is in Championship game!!

Gamecocks will also have excellent shot at Sugar Bowl now if they can destroy Clemson again!!!
wildwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #27
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
So you're telling me there's a chance.....
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #28
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
I wonder if this pushes us out of the top 10 in the BCS now though?
I think we probably drop to 10 or 11.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #29
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
I believe there is little chance that Notre Dame will win at Southern Cal even though Trojans are not a very good team with 4 losses already. Notre Dame is just not a very solid team and will struggle on West Coast.

The SEC champsionship game winner (Alabama-Georgia) is in BCS National Championship game. They will likely play winner of Florida-Florida State game.

Here's hoping Forida beats Florida State and for the second year in a row SEC team who did not win their division is in Championship game!!

Gamecocks will also have excellent shot at Sugar Bowl now if they can destroy Clemson again!!!

Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #30
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post

The SEC championship game winner (Alabama-Georgia) is in BCS National Championship game. They will likely play winner of Florida-Florida State game.

Here's hoping Florida beats Florida State and for the second year in a row SEC team who did not win their division is in Championship game!!

Barkley had his shoulder separated and couldn't even finish the game today. There is pretty much no chance that the Irish lose in LA next week.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #31
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

Quote:

ND lost
Bama Wins
Geogia lost
Florida Lost
LSU Lost
A&M lost
Stanford Lost

would we play for NC
You would probably need for FSU, Oregon, and KSU to drop another one as well
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #32
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

we can't make the national championship...

ND after a loss wouldn't drop below us...

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #33
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

The only Natty we play for this year:

All the more reason to go buck-wild on Clemson.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #34
wildwes
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs

Quote:
Barkley had his shoulder separated and couldn't even finish the game today. There is pretty much no chance that the Irish lose in LA next week.
Barkley maybe missing the game will not help out the very poor Notre Dame offense . Plus with the way Barkley has played this season the highly touted reshirt freshman may be better choice for Trojan QB. Irish offense will likely lead to loss in this one.
wildwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #35
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1520 View Post

ND lost
Bama Wins
Geogia lost
Florida Lost
LSU Lost
A&M lost
Stanford Lost

would we play for NC
No Bama would play Oregon

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #36
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

It's all bs, but I think the flu really hurt our team.So much so, it made at least two points difference at lsu.We don't loose to lsu and we beat fla.Now I'm thinking we'll win the next two games and be happy 11/2.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #37
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ35 View Post
I think we probably drop to 10 or 11.
That's ok. Even if we beat wofford by 60 points, it wouldn't have changed anything. What does matter is that clempsun will still be a highly ranked team when we play them. We beat them and let's see where we are a week from today.

No matter what happens, we should do no worse than the Chic-fil-a.

We beat clempson in Pickens and it will open up more doors for us, no doubt.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #38
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
It's all bs, but I think the flu really hurt our team.So much so, it made at least two points difference at lsu.We don't loose to lsu and we beat fla.Now I'm thinking we'll win the next two games and be happy 11/2.
Agreed if we had beaten lsu we dont lose to florida.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #39
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Mark it down right now GA Tech will beat Georgia next week! You heard it here first.
I heard it but it isn't gonna happen

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #40
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I heard it but it isn't gonna happen
This.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote