CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
cockybreeyan
soccerguy79
cockyguitar
Yearofthegamecock
BlakelyH19
Cockypantherfan
Gamecocks1137
No Curse
**USC vs. Texas A&am (55298)
A&M vent thread (11912)
SOS is pissed (4780)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Man of my word (no t (1708)
Worst Beating since? (1643)
Jimmies and Joes (1629)
Players reaction to (1613)
Here is the trophy f (1612)
I'm not looking forw (1542)
Okay, Clint will be the f
This says it all.
Players reaction to "
A&M vent thread
Lorenzo Ward's Play calli
Here is the trophy for th
SOS is pissed
I'm not looking forward t
Man of my word (no troll)
**USC vs. Texas A&M G

Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #21
Braveguy06
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: BCS AT-LARGE CHANCES?

Only 2 teams per conf. I dont know where ya are getting 3 if so and so. 2 and only 2.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Our chances? Slim and none
Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #23
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

We have no chance to get a BCS at-large.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #24
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Yet Clemson could go, even if they lose to us.

Kill the BCS with fire.
Clemson might not get that At-Large bid, even if they win this weekend, as long as Stanford beats UCLA this weekend, which would knock out Oregon from the PAC-12 title game... Oregon would get a BCS at- large spot...

Here are your BCS games:

National title: Notre Dame vs Bama/ UGA
Sugar: Oklahoma vs Bama/ UGA
Orange: Louisville/ Rutgers vs Florida State
Rose: Nebraska vs Stanford
Fiesta: Oregon vs Kansas State
Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #25
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

No Chance
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #26
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Look, we may not end up in the Sugar Bowl. But Brad Edwards made it quite clear that from the folks he has talked to in New Orleans, they would LOVE to have us in that game. We need to beat Clemson, Alabama beat Georgia, FSU beat Florida. They dont pick the BCS bowls at large teams based off of the rankings. Hence Michigan and Va Tech last year. Win out, and those other two things happen, and we will have as good of a chance as anybody at the Sugar Bowl.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

And folks, UGA ain't going to a BCS game after Bama steam rolls them this weekend.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
And folks, UGA ain't going to a BCS game after Bama steam rolls them this weekend.
Would not surprise me to see UGA beat Bama in Atlanta...
Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #29
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
dffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spurs

providing we take care of business saturday, itss between us and tamu for the sugar bowl spot.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #30
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan111 View Post
the only way to get 3 in is if the championship is an SEC at-large (number 1) and SEC at-large (number 2) with the SEC champion not being ranked in the top two.

example last year:

If UGA beat LSU..

Bama could have been 1
LSU could have been 2
UGA would have been 5

in this scenario, all three would go
This is 100% accurate. Not likely, but there is a provision for it in the BCS rules.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #31
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Look, we may not end up in the Sugar Bowl. But Brad Edwards made it quite clear that from the folks he has talked to in New Orleans, they would LOVE to have us in that game. We need to beat Clemson, Alabama beat Georgia, FSU beat Florida. They dont pick the BCS bowls at large teams based off of the rankings. Hence Michigan and Va Tech last year. Win out, and those other two things happen, and we will have as good of a chance as anybody at the Sugar Bowl.

ESPN quoted a Sugar Bowl exec saying they would crawl over broken glass to have us in the game. So I think there is a chance. But the surge of A&M may make that more difficult. I could see the Sugar taking ATM with Johnny Football. It is all up in the air now. What is happening is that the west teams are finally playing the tough competition at the end of the year. The SEC plays their tough comp in the middle. It is all evening out just like it does each year.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #32
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Would not surprise me to see UGA beat Bama in Atlanta...
I keep hearing Dawg fans say this ... but I have no doubt that Bama takes care of business. Do you really think that Aaron Murray has a career day against Bama?? Really???
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Georgia could very well win in Atlanta, I don't see where people think it's entirely impossible.
Carolina4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #34
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

They way I see it, we do have a chance at getting into a BCS game. It's remote, but possible. The reason it's remote is because it requires a lot of good teams to loose. Here's what needs to happen next weekend:
  1. Carolina ROUTES Clemson - this would cause us to jump a few teams ahead of us (notably LSU and Texas A&M)
  2. Georgia looses to Georgia Tech
  3. Florida losses to Florida State - very possible
  4. Oregon looses to Oregon State OR Kansas State looses to Texas - both are possible
  5. Notre Dame looses to SoCal

Those 5 things would set us up well. We have to destroy Clemson, and least two of the other 4 could put us into position.

THEN: Georgia looses to Alabama for the SEC Title, Alabama goes to the championship game, and we somehow end up in the top 5 ahead of other SEC teams... then maybe we get a shot.

The problem is that scenario isn't likely to happen because it's too complicated.

Personally, I do think FSU beats Florida, and UGA looses to Alabama in the SEC Championship game. I think Carolina beats Clemson, but probably not in the beatdown fashion we've enjoyed the last few years. I will still consider this season a success if we beat Clemson and win whatever miscellaneous bowl game we go to.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #35
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

What happens to K State, ND or Oregon has nothing to do with us because they will get automatic Bids

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Arky has to beat LSU, Mizzou has to beat A&M. FSU has to beat UF easily. Bama has to easily beat UGA. We have to win impressively over clemson.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #37
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Did you not watch the same game I did yesterday? Not only do the polls not setup well for us to make it to a BCS game...but there is no way we convinced anyone yesterday that we should get into a BCS bowl.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #38
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

The only way we do is by getting a ton of help..
UGA losing to Bama
Texas A&M losing to Mizzou
Florida losing to FSU (they might still pick UF over us in this scenario).
LSU losing to Arkansas

We would need all of the above to happen.

I think the 2 teams per conference rule and the Automatic Qualifier rules are Bullshit. There are 5 BCS games, only top 10 teams should qualify. #1 and #2 go to the championship, the other bowls select the matchup that they want.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #39
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
I keep hearing Dawg fans say this ... but I have no doubt that Bama takes care of business. Do you really think that Aaron Murray has a career day against Bama?? Really???
Bama was lucky to beat LSU, and then lost to A&M... Say what ya will, UGA is playing much better now than they were in October....I really do think UGA will give Bama a heck of a battle
Old 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #40
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Arky has to beat LSU, Mizzou has to beat A&M. FSU has to beat UF easily. Bama has to easily beat UGA. We have to win impressively over clemson.
Yep!