CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
b381l
sanford
usc1
TAFC 5 1981
B-G
Mt. Lattimore
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Spurrier vs Saban (986)
Jaguars Justin Black (917)
Gurley or Davis (620)
Expect A Healthy Dos (462)
Lattimore Sidelined (429)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (405)
Anyone Switching to (334)
Coach's media golf p (326)
Darth Vader 'Vette (287)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Expect A Healthy Dose of
Gurley or Davis
Places to eat in Conway?
2015 - Mon Denson
2015 - Amonte Caban
college football match up
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Steve Spurrier - Say What

Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #21
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material
Default Re: I saw Shaw after the game....

I saw play both Shaw and Thompson. Put shaw in when we are inside the 35. Dylan to throw the ball around to get us there and Shaw/Miles/Davis/Anderson/Cunningham/Adams to finish it off. Isnt it nice having that many weapon in the redzone area?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #22
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Mel might be many things, but one to embellish the truth she's not.

She's just telling you what she saw. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #23
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
No, I didn't talk to him. I had taken the elevators down to the ground level from Sec. 306 and was waiting for my husband because he walked down the ramps. I was standing across from a room that had an "X-Ray" sign on it. The door opened and Connor walked.... no, limped out. He didn't look too happy. I do hope he's going to be able to play next week.
Thx for the info. It doesn't sound too good. Connor didn't look good out there in the second half. It sounds like he might be out against clemzun, if so, it's gonna be a tough one in pickens. Hope Dylan is ready if he's the starter.

Actually, if our OL doesn't play better, it doesn't matter if peyton manning is our QB next week.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Thx for the info. It doesn't sound too good. Connor didn't look good out there in the second half. It sounds like he might be out against clemzun, if so, it's gonna be a tough one in pickens. Hope Dylan is ready if he's the starter.

Actually, if our OL doesn't play better, it doesn't matter if peyton manning is our QB next week.
Where are you hearing Shaw will be out against Clemson? Based on the OP's account?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Where are you hearing Shaw will be out against Clemson? Based on the OP's account?
I'm not hearing that he'll be out, I'm just making an assumption based on the way he was walking during the game and the info in this thread. That's all.

I pray he'll be able to play next week. He is obviously the best we have this year. However, I wish we had played Dylan in the first half to see if he could have carried the load the rest of the game. We wouldn't be having this convo right now if he was able to lead the team to victory like he did earlier in the year.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #26
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I'm almost positive he will play and I'm betting he will be in MUCH less pain next week than he was this week.

Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #27
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
You take what somebody saw with their own 2 eyes, and just dismiss it...... yet you will take your opinion, and elevate it!

What other reason would Shaw be getting an x-ray other than he is hurting? You have absolutely no factual information on Shaw's condition..... whether he is hurt more or less than coming in.......

So I don't buy the fact that you are not buying it!

Give Mel a break................
Yeah what he said.Conner did say in the postgame press conference that he reinjured his foot in the first series and u could just tell by the way he was talking that it is causing some confidence issues.
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #28
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Clowney at QB
Would love to see this on first and goal from the 3 now that it's the last game.
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #29
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
You take what somebody saw with their own 2 eyes, and just dismiss it...... yet you will take your opinion, and elevate it!

What other reason would Shaw be getting an x-ray other than he is hurting? You have absolutely no factual information on Shaw's condition..... whether he is hurt more or less than coming in.......

So I don't buy the fact that you are not buying it!

Give Mel a break................

Who said he was getting an x-ray?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #30
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
Who said he was getting an x-ray?

absolutely...for all we know, Bruce Ellington might have been in there and Connor did not like what he heard. Too much potential speculation with a thread like this. I am glad that Mel posted it but there are many many plausible conclusions that one could draw.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #31
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

He hurt his foot during the game, which was shown on TV and limped pretty much the entire rest of the game.

But,...he was probably in the X ray room nuking a biscuit because the microwave in the locker room was out.

Did you see any types of food in his hands, Mel? That's what I am buying.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
unspokenrespect
Recruit

Male

unspokenrespect is learning to peck

Will Shaw screw us again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercjason View Post
If I pay for a Porsche and I get a Mazda, yes I am ashamed. Thread fail-
unspokenrespect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

Yet I'll still keep catching flack for questioning the decision to start him.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #34
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
What are you not buying? That I saw him? I know what Connor Shaw looks like and I also know what a limp looks like.
I buy it. I dont buy the fact he lives in Lake City. Who admits to living in lake City??
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #35
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

He was clearly hurting after he was hit scrambling early on yesterday. He grabbed his foot numerous times after getting hit by dlinemen and was really limping badly on the sidelines after the game. Why is it so hard to believe he'd be in the x-ray room after the game and/or have an uncomfortable look on his face?

As Trav said it doesn't matter who plays QB if the oline plays next week like they did this week the QB will just get mauled. Yesterday was the worst perfoance by the oline all season without a doubt and it's really troubling that they seem to be regressing as the season goes on and they were manhandled constantly by Woffords dline.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #36
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
i think its stupid to assume he's hurt because he came out of an x-ray room with the same look on his face he always shows. he's been limping for a month now and he just played a game, of course he is sore.
I think that it is stupid of you to be attacking one of our most valued posters around Cocky Talk.

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert40 View Post
Yeah what he said.Conner did say in the postgame press conference that he reinjured his foot in the first series and u could just tell by the way he was talking that it is causing some confidence issues.
Shaw re-aggrevated his foot against Arky too. If he plays against Clemson, he'll re-aggrevate it. The question is how much pain can he tolerate. It's not going away until the season's over and he's not playing.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #38
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

What makes (made) Connor Shaw so dangerous to opposing defenses was the threat to make a big run. Without that threat and his obvious lack of mobility now compared to earlier in the season, our Offense has stalled and looks inept. He's not a good enough pocket passer to stand in the face of the rush and make throws consistently. Nor does our OL give him adequate time to do this for the most part. The fact is that he should have NEVER played vs Wofford. We score just as much with DT in that game and give Shaw another week to rest. If he can't go vs Clemson, that game is all but lost.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #39
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post

Agreed. Unfortunatly, I don't think that OL is going to play any better unless there is some kind of magic that can be pulled out of the hat. However, we WILL play the game and see what we can see. I think our best chance will be IF our D can dominate. If that happens then we have a decent chance.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #40
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by unspokenrespect View Post
Will Shaw screw us again?
Why wouldn't he? He TOTALLY flopped in that Clemson game last year...

JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote