CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Clowneygotcha
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
Evilchicken3
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Badazcock
eightohhthree
StormOfTalons
Mike Davis (3270)
Terrible Officiating (1821)
Cack's Toast of the (1732)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1539)
If (big IF) we can w (1361)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1277)
Elliott Fry crushes (1255)
No Gurley near the g (1211)
Most Spirited Fan (918)
How the top 25 SHOUL (855)
Tired of night games
ESPN is mad that USC beat
If (big IF) we can win bi
Been a pleasure talking w
No Gurley near the goal l
The SEC East schedule fro
Beasley, Sack God
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Most Spirited Fan
Coach Elliott pregame.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs
Default Clemson fans over-confident.....

Just reading through many Clemson fans fb posts and other related material this morning.....

Gotta admit, most seem strangley over confident versus SC next week.

They just played an unranked NCSU team at home who scored 45 on them.

Personally, I don't get it. If they can't look at their past 11 games and our past 11 games and understand that #1 - You're about to face the best defense you've seen all year, and #2 - We don't allow any school to put up the kind of points you do. #3 - The majority of Boyd's success this year is because of all the time he's had in the backfield. Do you honestly think Clowney, Taylor, Quarels and Jerrideau will allow you that amount of time? LOL!

Anyone else with thoughts and comments on this?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
JGCarolina
Scrummer

Male

CockyCash: 200
JGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudly
Default Re: Clemson fans over-confident.....

I see it and I just sit back and listen. It's been this way coming into this game 3 years running. Their schedule sets them up as a top 10 offense and they come in confident that our defense is no better than Duke's.

Saturday comes, we win by 20 and all is good. I then go on to give them all hell about it.
JGCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic84 View Post
Just reading through many Clemson fans fb posts and other related material this morning.....

Gotta admit, most seem strangley over confident versus SC next week.

They just played an unranked NCSU team at home who scored 45 on them.

Personally, I don't get it. If they can't look at their past 11 games and our past 11 games and understand that #1 - You're about to face the best defense you've seen all year, and #2 - We don't allow any school to put up the kind of points you do. #3 - The majority of Boyd's success this year is because of all the time he's had in the backfield. Do you honestly think Clowney, Taylor, Quarels and Jerrideau will allow you that amount of time? LOL!

Anyone else with thoughts and comments on this?
The taters over confidence is matched by the insecurities of many Cockytalk posters ... some of these Carolina fans act like we have already lost this game.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervous

Let me also add that datboy's little rant last year will add another layer of intrigue to this year's game.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
Let me also add that datboy's little rant last year will add another layer of intrigue to this year's game.
Yep......time to dig out that piece of footage and play it to every gamecock player.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Aren't we over confident also? Both sides think they are going to win...it's the palmetto state rivalry.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Aren't we over confident also? Both sides think they are going to win...it's the palmetto state rivalry.
We have more reason to be, I mean it's clemson after all.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

let them pump their chests all they want. we will take care of business on the field and go home with smiles on our faces.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Clemson fans are extremely overconfident. However, I think all the pressure is on them. They are at home, will be favored, every bowl projection has them winning and going to the bcs, and they've lost 3 in a row. If we beat them in their house for 4 in a row(which could easily become 5 in '13) they wouldn't be able to stand it. I believe all the pressure is on them to beat us and they will come out over-emotional and tight and we hit them in the mouth. Carolina wins 35-21
Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I don't care what kind of stats he has, we absolutely own Tahj Boyd.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

I think part of their confidence comes from the fact that SC hasn't exactly played stellar as the season has progressed. Let's face it, we are pretty banged up and it has had an impact.

We struggled with a Tenn team that absolutely got taken to the woodshed by Vanderbilt. They also had to go into overtime to beat Troy.

We took care of business against Arkansas, but then Arkansas got absolutely destroyed by Miss State yesterday.

We struggled against Wofford. Not as big of a deal that they got their yards. We all knew that was going to happen. But their defense doesn't play the triple option and we only scored 17 offensive points. Lets be honest, no one on this board expected us to only score 17 offensive points against Wofford.

If I was a Clemson fan, I would be pretty confident as well. I love our team and I know the players bust their ass. But we are not playing right now like we were earlier in the season.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Tenn & Arkansas are good teams that quit at points during the season.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 400
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

I haven't seen anyone post the fact that if USC wins, Spurrier will have the all-time wins mark here. He wants this win more than anyone. I bet my bottom dollar he is busting his butt looking at game film and will have a game plan that will solid. Let's be honest, we played with a very limited playbook yesterday. We'll see everything plus the kitchen sink thrown at Clemson on Saturday.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Bottom line is that our defense better come to play.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
This. We better bring our A game or it will be a long trip home.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Clemson Is gonna boat race us. Ill eat crow otherwise. But they will. We have a quarterback that can't pull the trigger. We will be one dimensional. And our D will get tired.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #17
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

I thought that last year as well. I am worried about the game. We have too many key pieces that are injured. I think this game is all about our D-line against their O-line. If we play off and don't pressure we will be in big trouble.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I think it's far more important that the oline decides to actually perform. I defended them earlier in the season but they have been regressing over the past two weeks and that needs to stop.
Dizzy01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
I thought that last year as well. I am worried about the game. We have too many key pieces that are injured. I think this game is all about our D-line against their O-line. If we play off and don't pressure we will be in big trouble.
Here is the thing about this year compared to last year. I am just like you in that I was worried last year and everything turn out ok. But I honestly feel like we are about the same as we were last year. I don't see any real improvements.
1. We are again without Marcus and we don't have Brandon.
2. We don't have Alshon.
3. Clowney is a year better, but we don't have Melvin Ingram.
4. Shaw has a year more experience, but to me, he is about the same as he was last year, which is a good QB. I don't have a problem with Connor overall. I am just saying that I don't think he is vastly improved from last year.

So overall, I feel like we have about the same team we had last year except without Alshon.

On the other hand, I think Clemson has improved. I know is the ACC. Yes, I get that. But they played in the ACC last year and played a few closer games and even got beat by NC State the week before our game.

I am not saying they are world beaters, but it does look to me that they have improved and I think we are about the same.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Clemson Is gonna boat race us. Ill eat crow otherwise. But they will. We have a quarterback that can't pull the trigger. We will be one dimensional. And our D will get tired.
I for one hope you are eating crow come Sunday morning ...