CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3316)
2014 Subway Classic: (1621)
aTm demolishes Kyle (745)
Cocky at the Duck Co (721)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (638)
Really, REALLY glad (575)
Deer Hunting 2014 (379)
movers, furniture do (313)
Happy Winter Solstic (283)
Streaming nfl games (269)
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's

Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #281
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sunshine Pumpers Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
x2

Yancey, it would be quite honorable if you would change your location to "sunshiny florida" in your profile for this season.
An excellent suggestion-consider it done!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #282
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Pls excuse the over size thoughts
Attached Images

uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #283
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Ignoring ^ and getting back to sunshine pumping, a great post I found on facebook from a guy I used to know back in the days of living in the Towers:

Quote:
ESPN has been hyping Vanderbilt as the "Surprise Team in the SEC" all summer long. They said South Carolina would have a tough game. Some of their analysts even picked the 'Dores. We were 6.5 point favorites, and won by 4. We didn't have our only true QB for an entire quarter. This was Vandy's "Super Bowl" we got their best shot. Other than one 78 yard touchdown pass (where there was a obvious no-call on a hold on Clowney as he was passing his lineman) the Vandy Offense did nothing. Why are so many of you surprised it was a close game? If you thought it wouldn't be, you don't know football. ESPN tearing us down all day today, doesn't even make sense, THEY PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN!! Truth is, we beat a good SEC team (one that beat Wake Forest on the road last year 41-10, who was a fg away from going to the ACC Championship, clemson fans), on the road, in their home opener in a game they had circled since December. Sure, we likely should have won by more, and likely would have if Connor was in. If you would have told me before the game we would win by 4, I'd take it all day. Sure, we didn't throw the ball well, the OL struggled at times, but folks, IT'S AN OPENING GAME. I'm proud of our boys. We'll be fine. Bring on the Pirates!
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #284
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

It's not about excepting mediocrity or applauding moral victories. It's about just enjoying a game. I have no control with what happens on or off the field with the team. Once I realized that I can just sit back and enjoy the team. I get excited when we have a food play, and down when there is a bad one. But no reason to get bent out of shape when stuff does go bad. I have no control over it.

And I'm not saying anything bad about other posters, that's just how I feel.
Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #285
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Anyone who joins this website should be required to read this thread before posting. Then they will understand
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #286
sharpstick
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1995000
sharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talons

Count me in, glad to see not everyone is crying over one game. Reading some of the threads had me wondering what some of these posters were seeing that I wasn't. THANK YOU!
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #287
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I'm always in!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #288
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I'm always in!
Me, too, Mel! Proud of my Gamecocks as always!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #289
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
It's not about excepting mediocrity or applauding moral victories. It's about just enjoying a game. I have no control with what happens on or off the field with the team. Once I realized that I can just sit back and enjoy the team. I get excited when we have a food play, and down when there is a bad one. But no reason to get bent out of shape when stuff does go bad. I have no control over it.

And I'm not saying anything bad about other posters, that's just how I feel.

Food play? Not only can mobiles see white font but auto correct is a bitch
Old 09-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #290
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

I used to get worked up over games, but now I just enjoy the sport itself. A lot of season left and we will be playing a lot of good ball
Old 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #291
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
Food play? Not only can mobiles see white font but auto correct is a bitch
Lol. I noticed that. My Droid is a turrible speller.
Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #292
GarnetLaw
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
GarnetLaw is learning to peckGarnetLaw is learning to peck

Im in 1 down 13 to go
GarnetLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #293
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I'll post this here, since it will likely not fall on deaf ears in this thread:

Remember when.....

Good ol' Lou was here? And we would come out of the gates at the beginning of the season with all guns a blazing. Our team looked alive and ready to exceed all hype and put a stomping on the SEC east?

Then November would come, and we would stumble and fall. Our boys could not seem to do anything right, and we'd lose 5 or 6 games in a row to end the season. What happened? Other teams would make adjustments to put a stop to our one dimension offense while Lou and Crew would just do the same thing each game.

Then Spurrier came to town, and the season's progression changed. Now we seem to start slow and finish strong? Why? Because we make tweaks and adjustments to perfect our play on the field. Did anyone seriously see us winning 11 games last year after the ECU game? After Garcia was kicked off the team? After Lattimore got hurt?

The point is, don't worry. Our guys will get their shit together and will be applying the appropriate cans of whoop-ass before you know it. Vandy had everything to gain from playing us, and we had everything to lose. It's the same as if we were playing those no-name Div II teams except Vandy at least gives us a conference win. This team is still rightfully the favorite to win the East until some other team grows the balls and takes it from us.

And the last time I checked, the ones with the Cocks are the ones with the balls!
cocky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #294
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
I'll post this here, since it will likely not fall on deaf ears in this thread:

Remember when.....

Good ol' Lou was here? And we would come out of the gates at the beginning of the season with all guns a blazing. Our team looked alive and ready to exceed all hype and put a stomping on the SEC east?

Then November would come, and we would stumble and fall. Our boys could not seem to do anything right, and we'd lose 5 or 6 games in a row to end the season. What happened? Other teams would make adjustments to put a stop to our one dimension offense while Lou and Crew would just do the same thing each game.

Then Spurrier came to town, and the season's progression changed. Now we seem to start slow and finish strong? Why? Because we make tweaks and adjustments to perfect our play on the field. Did anyone seriously see us winning 11 games last year after the ECU game? After Garcia was kicked off the team? After Lattimore got hurt?

The point is, don't worry. Our guys will get their shit together and will be applying the appropriate cans of whoop-ass before you know it. Vandy had everything to gain from playing us, and we had everything to lose. It's the same as if we were playing those no-name Div II teams except Vandy at least gives us a conference win. This team is still rightfully the favorite to win the East until some other team grows the balls and takes it from us.

And the last time I checked, the ones with the Cocks are the ones with the balls!
This is actually a really great point
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #295
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

For those of you who seem to delight in fault finding and running our various team members into the ground maybe you could take a little bit of Les Miles' attitude of honoring each and every person on the team, from superstar to water girl. These people have spent the majority of their free time putting in the work that has give us the best four year record in school history averaging 9 wins per season. The sun is shinning brightly!

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #296
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
For those of you who seem to delight in fault finding and running our various team members into the ground maybe you could take a little bit of Les Miles' attitude of honoring each and every person on the team, from superstar to water girl. These people have spent the majority of their free time putting in the work that has give us the best four year record in school history averaging 9 wins per season. The sun is shinning brightly!

Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote