CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
BlueHerons
trapper82
nodnahs
robgusc76
TigerSpectator
2000grad
TonyVercetti
TAMU Starting CB Out (1373)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1368)
Clowney possibly hur (994)
Our players and the (956)
They are coming to y (885)
2013 game vs TN is o (865)
Your SEC Standings P (746)
Hard Knocks this wee (666)
an apology (577)
Favorite Gamecock of (574)
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Connor Shaw Browns
Your SEC Standings Predic
TAMU Starting CB Out For
an apology
Clemson RB Out for Year
First "Carolina Call
texags
Gamecocks do the Ice Buck
Question about renewing (

Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #61
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb
Default Re: Position by Postion: CU vs USC

The problem with Clemson is they're a streaky offense that relies heavily on momentum to get going. I'm not sure they'll react well to getting hit in the mouth a couple times and having some of the stuff they've been able to do at will all year long suddenly not be available to them.

It's one of those things we'll have to wait to see, but I think if our D gets out and imposes their will early it will be a long night for Tajji boy.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #62
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

I just don't understand why so many of you think this offense that is coming in to play SC this year is basically just the "same offense" that they had last year. Teams do improve sometimes. Their offensive line seems much improved from what I have seen and Boyd is playing much better.

Last year Clemson scored 17, 31, and 13 points in the three games before the SC game against their ACC opponents. This year Clemson has scored 56, 45, and 62 points coming in the last three ACC games coming into the SC game.

Not sure how you don't see that their offense has improved over last years.

Lets take off the glasses here for a second. If our offense had gone the last three weeks and scored 56, 45, and 62 points, I think we would all agree that our offense had improved over last years. It wouldn't matter that we had played Tenn, or a bad Arkansas team. Lets be blatantly honest. If SC scored 56, 45, and 62 points in three back to back weeks, you would believe that our offense had started clicking and was pretty damn good.

We can absolutely beat Clemson next weekend by having a good offensive game ourselves against their bad defense. This is just my opinion, but I think those of you that think our defense is going to repeat the last few years against Clemson and hold them to 13 or 17 points are in for a rude awakening.

Clemson will score 30+ points. We will have to score more.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #63
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I will end this argument right now... WE WILL WIN... Enough said
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #64
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

I think Clemson has a very talented offense and obviously they put up a lot of points. It's just hard to know how good they are since the defenses they've played are not that good. This will be the best and fastest defense they've seen all year. I think their offense is perfect for Clowney and Taylor to disrupt - tall, fast and strong DE's. And they have not seen anything like those two all year.

Having said all that, they will score. I think we need to hold their offense to under 27 points. That will have to come from causing them to kick FG's and our offense eating up clock.

I think Shaw will play well. He ate them up last year, not that he will again, but his scrambling makes a difference. If he ran Clemson's offense, he'd look a lot different.

Hey look at what Stanford did to Oregon last night. Not exactly the same offenses, but high powered fast scoring one was completely stopped. It can happen.
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #65
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Exactly. Look at Oregon and K. State in their games last night folks. They played mediocre defenses and got shut down. You guys are going on Clemson scoring these big points on teams with losing records in the ACC.

Our defense will win this game for us. Enough said and quit worrying about it....
Old 11-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #66
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Our front 4 will dominate.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #67
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
No, Boyd did not look the same to me last year so I am not sure what I am "forgetting."

If you remember, he came into our game last year having thrown a ton of interceptions with only two or three TDs in the few games before they played us. He had already started struggling before they played us. Clemson lost 2 out of 3 last year before they came to Columbia. Tajh was a lot of the reason they lost those 2 out of 3.

This year he has played very well throughout the entire season. So I am not sure how you would say he looked exactly the same last year before they played us. He started looking terrible last year 3 games before they played us. He has played well through the entire season this year.

Also, Tajh couldn't scramble at all last year. Not one bit. He is much better this year at keeping the play alive.

So my answer is that in my opinion, Tajh does not look the same this year as he did last year. He looks much better.
Step back from the computer and take a breath please. You're one of the most easily offended posters on here. I never said he looked the same, and I certainly didn't say exactly the same. You said he looks like a good QB and I said he looked like a good one last year too. He put up some gaudy stats and blew out some shitty teams last year just like he is doing this year. He could scramble some last year too. He's gotten a bit slimmer and is running better this year though, which shows on his rushing stats. Yes, he appears to be improved this year, but you are acting like he looks like an entirely new player, which he doesn't. His numbers are slightly improved around the board, but they're still pretty comparable to last year. He's going to finish this year with 100+ less passing attempts than last year and probably about 300 yds less total passing yds with a couple more TDs. BTW Tajh threw 3 picks against Duke and 2 against NCST, so he's still throwing picks entering our game, although throwing more TDs than this time last year. Either way, it's a similar scenario to last year with Tajh putting up good stats big picture without really experiencing the pressure that he's going to versus us. That's my point and here's the numbers:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...0221/tajh-boyd
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #68
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Momentum? -facepalm-

Momentum is everything, until it runs out. Pointless. Don't expect that offense to keep on chugging past this D. Sure, you're going to score some points on us, but we are playing in our state. Home state advantage for us.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #69
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Yes, Clemson is executing better on offense than they did last year. They are still, however, running the same system with basically the same players. We have a revamped, more aggressive defense with the same strength (dominant DL) that we had last year which pressured them into mistakes and negated their system. I'm looking at it from that point of view. Unless their OL has improved significantly, I still think we have a great shot at slowing them considerably.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #70
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Step back from the computer and take a breath please. You're one of the most easily offended posters on here. I never said he looked the same, and I certainly didn't say exactly the same. You said he looks like a good QB and I said he looked like a good one last year too. He put up some gaudy stats and blew out some shitty teams last year just like he is doing this year. He could scramble some last year too. He's gotten a bit slimmer and is running better this year though, which shows on his rushing stats. Yes, he appears to be improved this year, but you are acting like he looks like an entirely new player, which he doesn't. His numbers are slightly improved around the board, but they're still pretty comparable to last year. He's going to finish this year with 100+ less passing attempts than last year and probably about 300 yds less total passing yds with a couple more TDs. BTW Tajh threw 3 picks against Duke and 2 against NCST, so he's still throwing picks entering our game, although throwing more TDs than this time last year. Either way, it's a similar scenario to last year with Tajh putting up good stats big picture without really experiencing the pressure that he's going to versus us. That's my point and here's the numbers:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...0221/tajh-boyd
One Int against Duke was a hail mary with :00 on the clock at halftime, the other was a tipped ball.

There's a reason he's #2 in the nation in passing efficiency. He's making very good decisions.

Tajh was playing horrible the 3 weeks before the SC game last year. Right now he's the hottest QB in the nation.
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #71
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJGarnet View Post
Let's review your "stud" RB's performance against SC the last 3-yrs:
2009: Ellington 13-yds; team total: 48 yds
2010: Ellington 1 carry, 0 yards; team total: 61 yds
2011: Ellington 66 yds; team total: 70 yds (by the way, fat tajh had -23)

"Ellington is one of the leading rushers in Clemson history"; well apparently, not when playing the Gamecocks. So yeah, Miles has outperformed your "historically leading rusher" in the head-to-head during that period.
He wasn't the starter in 2009. He was injured the last 2 years and obviously wasn't 100%.
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #72
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Yes, Clemson is executing better on offense than they did last year. They are still, however, running the same system with basically the same players. We have a revamped, more aggressive defense with the same strength (dominant DL) that we had last year which pressured them into mistakes and negated their system. I'm looking at it from that point of view. Unless their OL has improved significantly, I still think we have a great shot at slowing them considerably.
I hope you are right. I just think Clemson is a much better team than they were last year. I know it is a lot of the same players, but things do change. Confidence can be a huge factor, etc. To me Clemson just looks much improved over last year where we seem to be about the same.

I hope I am wrong.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #73
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_doc View Post
Right now he's the hottest QB in the nation.
That damn Hansel. All I care about is how hot he is next Sunday.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #74
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 960
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Experience against quality, competitive opponents - USC (by a mile)
They lost to the only team that posed a challenge. And will AGAIN

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #75
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Renegade_doc,
Why do you honestly think y'all will win? I mean that in no disrespect or trash talk. Do not get me wrong Clemson has a potent Offense, when Boyd has time. When he is rushed and is forced to make throws then it goes down hill. I am really not worried about the run game at this point because your OL is going to have to get push against our DL which is our strength and our LB's are playing really good in run support?
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #76
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_doc View Post
He wasn't the starter in 2009. He was injured the last 2 years and obviously wasn't 100%.
Yeah, that's right Spiller, aka 'Lightning' was: 9 carries, 18-yds. Who's using the 'injury' excuse now?
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #77
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

the only reason taj has looked like he can scramble this year, is because he is playing against slow terrible dl's. can you guys not see that? although he had a few mishaps in a couple of games last year, right before we played them, he still looked very much the same as he does this year. the difference is his mentality when he realizes how fast our defense is. he will fold! mark it down. CLEMPSCUM HAS NOT PLAYED A GREAT DEFENSE ALL YEAR, WITH THE POSSIBLE EXCEPTION OF FSU. they will not be able to deal with our defenses pressure all night long.
i think they have a good offense, but not a great one. many teams look good against bad competition, we aren't one of them, but many do, and i think they are one of them. our safeties are playing lights out, especially dj, and our corners are playing well. our lb's are much better, and the dl isn't even a competition. on offense, we looked excellent against tenn and arkie, who have poor defenses, but better than clemscums defense, because they play better teams. our special teams have played much better over the last few games, and their st's looked terrible from what i saw in the nc state game. the biggest advantage they have is playing at home.
finally, boyd might get the nod over an injured shaw, but while healthy i'd take shaw any day of the week and twice on sundays!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #78
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJGarnet View Post
Yeah, that's right Spiller, aka 'Lightning' was: 9 carries, 18-yds. Who's using the 'injury' excuse now?
Only injuries I know of are the numerous cases of "hurt pride" that clem players leave the game with. Injury prone if you ask me.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #79
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Here's my quick analysis. Every offensive postion clemson has the edge. every defensive postion USC has the edge.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #80
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

andre ellington was fine, funny how this "injury" is being brought up when he had 8 touches in the first half and had 20 carries 125 yards the following week. funny how boyd looked great the week after playing us too.
boyd was hot early this season too, then proceeded to look awful in the 2nd half vs fsu.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote