CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
CoverTwo
B-G
El Cid Ranger
Gamecockfanatic4
Captain9Dragons
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (707)
Jaguars Justin Black (680)
Kansas to invest $75 (620)
When does fall pract (620)
Spurrier vs Saban (489)
An Air Algerie Fligh (227)
Songs that Didn't ma (217)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (181)
Anyone Switching to (162)
2015 - Davante Davis
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G
Bonefish Grill
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Spurrier vs Saban
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Places to eat in Conway?
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F

Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #81
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material
Default Re: Position by Postion: CU vs USC

When you talk about having the edge, you have to put it in the perspective of being able to beat the man opposite them. If climpsun has the best left tackle in football and JD destroys him then what good is it? I think a lot of our defense negates their offense and I think our guys on offense are better than their defense.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #82
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

CockyCash: 500
SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_doc View Post
One Int against Duke was a hail mary with :00 on the clock at halftime, the other was a tipped ball.

There's a reason he's #2 in the nation in passing efficiency. He's making very good decisions.

Tajh was playing horrible the 3 weeks before the SC game last year. Right now he's the hottest QB in the nation.
I wonder how many qb's would look "hot" against the dominant pass rush of the likes of Duke, Maryland, NC State, B.C., and Ball State. Your ACC stats are meaningless.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #83
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

They play in the ACC. I don't see them scoring more than 30ish points on us and I see us scoring about 40ish.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #84
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
They play in the ACC. I don't see them scoring more than 30ish points on us and I see us scoring about 40ish.
This is what we will need to do to win. I think SC has a good shot at winning, but I do think they will have to score like they did against UT and Arkansas. Here is my prediction...

SC scores less than 30 - Clemson wins
SC scores 30-34 - Slight chance SC wins.
SC scores 35-38 - Anybodys game
SC scores 39+ - SC wins.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #85
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJGarnet View Post
Gamecock88 = Debbie downer.
or Randy Realist. Maybe even Freddy Factual.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #86
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
This is what we will need to do to win. I think SC has a good shot at winning, but I do think they will have to score like they did against UT and Arkansas. Here is my prediction...

SC scores less than 30 - Clemson wins
SC scores 30-34 - Slight chance SC wins.
SC scores 35-38 - Anybodys game
SC scores 39+ - SC wins.
Pretty accurate. I think if given the chance, Morris and Dabo will keep their foot on the gas and put up a ton of points just to prove a point and make more noise for an at large bcs bowl bid.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #87
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

I can go ahead and tell you our Defense is VERY VERY motivated for this game.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #88
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
I can go ahead and tell you our Defense is VERY VERY motivated for this game.
I am sure they are..
Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #89
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

One other thing that does give me some hope is that our defense has really only played one bad game and that was Tennessee. That is the only team that has legitimately scored points on our defense and moved the ball easily.

Florida had less than 200 yards of offense.
Arkansas only had 13 points until the last few seconds of the game.

I am very worried about this game because of my hatred of Clemson so I tend to see the negatives.

But if I take a step back, our defense has played pretty damn well all season with the exception of Tennessee.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #90
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
or Randy Realist. Maybe even Freddy Factual.
Not even close ...
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote