CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
GarnetBlack&Blue
2000grad
JerseyBird
Acockolypse Now
gromweat
NinjaSven
WeStill0wnUSC
Regalcock
Spurrier_Superior_On
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (1990)
All of our defensive (1845)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1659)
Cack's Toast of the (1603)
Uniform thread (1569)
Rankings (1466)
3-4 "D" Ke (1219)
Will Devin ever suit (1030)
Update: Brison Willi (880)
The Demise of the 3-4
Why won't Spurrier implem
College Football Live
Update: Brison Williams i
Not a talent issue
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Men's soccer vs. Clemson
Over reacting?
Best Store bought Spaghet
2016 - Rozelle Nix

Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #41
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: UT fires head coach Derek Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
Dave Hart basically said he would require success as a head coach in his press conference.
Charlie Strong or TB. The rest may not fit that requirement and no way they hire Petrino..not after the Kiffen debacle.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #42
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Of all the guys on that list, I think Cutcliffe or Chavis have the best shot.
The talk here in LSU this weekend is how Chavis is already checked out and ready to take the UT job.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #43
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I bet they bring in Petrino. They make this his saving grace job. Winning cures all and he can definitely win at UT.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #44
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

If the AD really means it when he says the next coach needs to have had proven success as a head coach then Charlie Strong and Bobby Petrino would seem to be the only 2 candidates, and Petrino may be a bigger slimeball than Kiffen. (Thus making him the front-runner.) Oh, I forgot about Tammy. Sleazy and proven as well.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #45
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
They won't let him coach the last game against Kentucky?

Ouch, that's a bit harsh isn't it? At least let him finish out the season.
Well, if UcheaT beats Kensucky this weekend, which is highly probable since the Mildcats are one of the worst teams in the nation (not in the EZZ), then it will look more like Dooley WAS the problem.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #46
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhair View Post
I dont know if this has already been posted but if so mods please remove. Sources saying that it's official. Any body else heard this? I know it's no surprise but I just thought they would wait until after the season.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #47
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
Typical outcome following a successful coach
Dooley was in over his head
Low class not letting him coach the last game unless he told admin to stuff it
He asked to not coach the last game.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #48
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

This is actually a really good list.
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/da...ching-list.php
I like Gruden, Patterson and Strong.

Any of those three and I will be tickled.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #49
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

glad to hear that it was his choice
I like Dooley. I hope he lands on his feet. He was certainly in over his head at UT.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #50
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I watched the derek dooley show yesterday....he appeared and sounded like a beaten man. The vandy game looked like a game in which a team had quit. That is all on the coaching staff. They needed to take some pride and make that team work. Bray looked horrible and has still not beaten a single decent team...is it the coaching or the players? I used to think it was a little of both, now I am starting to wonder if the fault is more with the coaching. Time will tell, but UT will be back as a force but they are going to have to get someone who can recruit.
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #51
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

It is 100% coaching...if you followed this team as closely as I do, you would be appauled with the results of this season.

With just AVERAGE coaching this could have been an 8 win team EASY.

With great coaching it could have been a 9 or 10 win team.

We return 17 starters next year...if we get someone in here worth a damn it could be a quick turn around.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #52
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

yeah i watched some of it too. It was weird how he told Bob Kessling goodbye and how he appreciated all of their work on the show and Kessling was like thanks coach and good luck against kentucky next week and dooley was like, errr. They had to fire him though, you can't go o for the conference after only getting like one game last season. Seems to me strong is a no-brainer, but they might have to battle r-kansas for him, which will be tough. Even if they are forced to hire an unproven guy from a smaller school like a stockstill, they had to make the move. Interesting that Dooley gets a 5 million dollar buyout. Shows you who had what leverage when they were negotiating that last deal. Tommy bowden would be interesting. Gotta' figure he would recruit and at least get them competitive. Would like to see him cry some more. He would probably beat Florida and UGA but lose to Kentucky and Vandy.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #53
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post

Best of the comments below that article:
If the Vols end up with David Cutcliffe I may kill myself.
Reply 9 18 hours ago

Also, the guy with the really creepy picture of himself asks: Why isn't Dabo Swinney on this list? Haha

Interesting that Jimbo Fisher is rumored to be shopping himself around to TN and Auburn. I think Dan Mullen should be near the top of that list as well.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #54
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

What's the word on Bray and whether he's returning or planning on leaving? I'm sure it will depend on the hire but never know with that guy...

On the outside looking in, don't think it would be a bad thing if he leaves. Blame coaching all you want but Bray has been maddeningly inconsistent. Might be a good idea to start grooming the next guy, especially if there will be a transition year with the new coach anyway.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #55
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Quote:
I would be downright stunned if your next Tennessee football coach isn't one of these seven.
And, no matter what, just be glad you're not an Arkansas fan.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #56
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I bet they bring in Petrino. They make this his saving grace job. Winning cures all and he can definitely win at UT.
They don't want Petrino, and neither does Kentucky. At least that is what the rumors say. I guess Auburn is the team most likely to get him.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #57
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
What's the word on Bray and whether he's returning or planning on leaving? I'm sure it will depend on the hire but never know with that guy...

On the outside looking in, don't think it would be a bad thing if he leaves. Blame coaching all you want but Bray has been maddeningly inconsistent. Might be a good idea to start grooming the next guy, especially if there will be a transition year with the new coach anyway.
Justin Hunter is gone. 100% he has a child and is going to get a 1st round grade.

Patterson is likely gone as well. He is going to be a 2nd round grade likely. He has struggles in the classroom and isn't really committed to the student athlete lifestyle. Don't take that as a hit to him as a person. He is absolutely an amazing kid and a great person, just really struggles in the classroom. I think he is gone no matter what as well.

Bray, I think with the right hire, will be back. His stock has really taken a hit and if he has any belief that the next coach can help him, I think he will decide to stay. He is likely to get a 4th roundish grade now and unless he is just hell bent on being done with college I think he stays. Though losing Hunter and Patterson makes his liklihood of staying lower as well. I would put him at 50/50 with too many variables to call right now.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #58
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Justin Hunter is gone. 100% he has a child and is going to get a 1st round grade.

Patterson is likely gone as well. He is going to be a 2nd round grade likely. He has struggles in the classroom and isn't really committed to the student athlete lifestyle. Don't take that as a hit to him as a person. He is absolutely an amazing kid and a great person, just really struggles in the classroom. I think he is gone no matter what as well.

Bray, I think with the right hire, will be back. His stock has really taken a hit and if he has any belief that the next coach can help him, I think he will decide to stay. He is likely to get a 4th roundish grade now and unless he is just hell bent on being done with college I think he stays. Though losing Hunter and Patterson makes his liklihood of staying lower as well. I would put him at 50/50 with too many variables to call right now.
We always heard/knew patterson was a one and done, which is supposedly why we didn't persue him more strongly out of the juco ranks.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #59
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
We always heard/knew patterson was a one and done, which is supposedly why we didn't persue him more strongly out of the juco ranks.
The one was so good it was worth it.

You all could have been undefeated with him on your team.

He is amazing.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #60
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Nope....
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote