CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
b381l
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
uscjeremynca
El Cid Ranger
Spurticus
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
PSU drops a prospect (2128)
Mizzou WR suspended (1049)
Blake McClain (802)
Best Offensive " (778)
What ever happened t (722)
Clemson, Auburn home (538)
Fall Camp. (475)
The Believer - Spurr (351)
Clowney's Madden Rat (211)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (201)
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
Best Offensive "Trip
2015 - Zack Bailey
2016 - Mecole Hardman
2016 - B.J. Emmons
2017 - Jaden Hunter
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
What ever happened to Phi
Re-Airing South Carolina
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson fans over-confident.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
The team that beat down UGA needs to show up on Saturday

MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #42
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
For the first time this year, I don't think we aren't going to beat the taters. The offense is out of sync, Shaw is beat up....the defense isn't playing as well the last few weeks, poor tackling, breakdowns in coverage, and not sure if Clowney is 100%. I think we'll shut them down
somewhat, but I am really concerned. I realize the only ranked team they've played, they lost. We've only played 3 ranked teams and we're 1 and 2.....although those we 3 in a row including 2 on the road. We haven't played well on the road all year. I just don't have the same level of confidence I did earlier this year.
I think a lot of people feel this way but their won't let them type it though. I feel exact same way! Anybody want to call us as not being "real fans" ??
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #43
dannyboard
Walk On

Male

dannyboard has hatched from the shell

Carolina by 20? really?
dannyboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #44
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
For the first time this year, I don't think we aren't going to beat the taters. The offense is out of sync, Shaw is beat up....the defense isn't playing as well the last few weeks, poor tackling, breakdowns in coverage, and not sure if Clowney is 100%. I think we'll shut them down
somewhat, but I am really concerned. I realize the only ranked team they've played, they lost. We've only played 3 ranked teams and we're 1 and 2.....although those we 3 in a row including 2 on the road. We haven't played well on the road all year. I just don't have the same level of confidence I did earlier this year.
This is why I always refrain from the rivalry talk at the beginning of the season or midway through. So many things chance as season progress. After the UGA game, and even LSU, SC would have been favored.

I think one of the main differences is that we have legitimate injury issues while Clemson has stayed very healthy.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #45
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudly

Id be more than happy to eat my words come Sunday. I honestly think Clemson will take us to the woodshed. Might get ugly in the 4th. When Spurrier starts saying nice things about Dabo the week before thats not a good thing. This team doesn't focus for road games, Conner is not 100%. Clowney isnt 100%. Ill be there cheering my lungs out but i have to say im not confident this year at all.

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #46
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by scz71864 View Post
Id be more than happy to eat my words come Sunday. I honestly think Clemson will take us to the woodshed. Might get ugly in the 4th. When Spurrier starts saying nice things about Dabo the week before thats not a good thing. This team doesn't focus for road games, Conner is not 100%. Clowney isnt 100%. Ill be there cheering my lungs out but i have to say im not confident this year at all.
The fact it's a road game is what's really tripping me up, too. I feel like both teams are pretty similar to where they were last year, give or take a couple marginal improvements. But we've laid some absolutely gigantic eggs on the road this year and it's hard to shake that sinking feeling.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #47
mako
Recruit

mako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his claws

I was at Clemson for the Maryland game...I will tell you there is a lot of respect for the Carolina Defense and the Carolina program. It kind of equals out with Clemson's defense vs our offense. As a Carolina fan, this is going to define the season for us. This is what I've been waiting for...Both teams have national rankings, and both teams go to a decent bowl if they win. High stakes game between Clemson and Carolina...Maybe next year it will have a National Championship implications for both teams. BTW the traffic is rough after the game...just saying...If the team that beat jaw jaw shows up, we will make a hell of a statement!!!
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #48
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
The fact it's a road game is what's really tripping me up, too. I feel like both teams are pretty similar to where they were last year, give or take a couple marginal improvements. But we've laid some absolutely gigantic eggs on the road this year and it's hard to shake that sinking feeling.
so what you are saying is that we are due for a good road performance...
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #49
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

That is all.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #50
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

climpsin is a bunch of thugs and overhyped punks. They don't know what is about to hit them Saturday.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #51
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I am worried too, but we are due for a good road win.

Also, just so you know, I had the same feeling before the Capital One Bowl. "I don't feel good about this. We suck at bowl games. We haven't won one since 2006. Its a New Years Bowl in Florida. We did awful in our last one (2008-09 OB)."

...Look at what happened.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #52
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Up until today, I felt like this game was going to come down to our defensive line. Something has changed. Not really worried about defensive line now because Clemson is going to get their points, but our defense is also going to have their stops too.

This game comes down to Connor Shaw. If he plays like he did against Mizzouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, UAB, and EVEN LSU, I feel confident. Even at LSU, he was 19 of 34 for 117 yards with two TDs and Two Ints. Yes, that doesn't sound great, but that same Connor Shaw against Clemson is going to have MUCH better stats against Clemson's defense than LSU. If you think back to the LSU game, Connor did have some good plays (2 TD passes, etc).

But if Connor plays the way he did against Florida, Vanderbilt, Wofford, or Kentucky, we lose. He was gritty as hell against Vanderbilt, but he wouldn't throw it. He seemed the same way yesterday against Wofford which was surprising because he had made some real strides over the past few weeks.

We all know Connor isn't a Heisman guy, but if he just plays the way he did in MOST games this year, we will be in good shape.

We will score 40 easily on Clemson if Connor plays the way he did against Arkansas and Tennessee which was only a couple of weeks ago.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #53
dannyboard
Walk On

Male

dannyboard has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
climpsin is a bunch of thugs and overhyped punks. They don't know what is about to hit them Saturday.
about the dumbest thing I've seen here in a while. Really why even post something that stupid?
dannyboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #54
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboard View Post
about the dumbest thing I've seen here in a while. Really why even post something that stupid?
Why are you a Clemson fan on a South Carolina message board?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #55
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

I just don't see this as a "road" game for the Gamecocks. This is a bus ride to the upstate. This team will be ready.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #56
boonyg
Recruit

Male

boonyg has hatched from the shell

we are capable of dominating the line of scrimmage they aren't. If we do this and don't turn it over we should win. I like that, in my opinion, the game is won or lost on how WE play. Not saying we win for sure but we can do it with solid play.
boonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #57
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonyg View Post
we are capable of dominating the line of scrimmage they aren't. If we do this and don't turn it over we should win. I like that, in my opinion, the game is won or lost on how WE play. Not saying we win for sure but we can do it with solid play.
Tell that to Wofford's DL.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #58
boonyg
Recruit

Male

boonyg has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Tell that to Wofford's DL.
I hear ya. I say we could not that we will. Also the wofford game is an outlier in my opinion.
boonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #59
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Luckily for us fans there is NO pressure on us to win the game. We can leave that up to the players. I'm sure both teams feel pressure to win. It's not going to be pretty either way.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #60
sctvman
Blue Chip

Male

sctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talons

I was on Twitter and I know a few Clemson fans. They were wanting GameDay to come even before the NC State game.

One of my friends literally tweeted about it 30 times. He even offered Desmond a place to "hang out."
sctvman is offline   Reply With Quote