CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
Spurticus
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2626)
East Carolina Predic (1759)
Why didn't Wes Green (1435)
A&M on 3rd down (853)
You guys are horribl (694)
louisville (654)
It's the offenses no (589)
Did we ever go after (517)
All of our defensive (416)
Watching the Georgia (322)
All of our defensive play
It's the offenses not the
A few thoughts
The Demise of the 3-4
Browns sign Rex Grossman,
A&M on 3rd down
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Finally Cooled Off

Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #61
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson fans over-confident.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonyg View Post
I hear ya. I say we could not that we will. Also the wofford game is an outlier in my opinion.
An outlier? So, you're saying that our OL hasn't played average to below average on a semi regular basis this year? We haven't run blocked very well all year and our pass protection has been decent at times, but very inconsistent. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if the OL had a decent outing against Clemson, but I don't foresee our OL dominating anyone... and I also wouldn't be surprised if they went out there and got pushed around a good bit as well. Now, if you're talking strictly DL then yes we are very capable of dominating the trenches on that side of the ball.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #62
boonyg
Recruit

Male

boonyg has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
An outlier? So, you're saying that our OL hasn't played average to below average on a semi regular basis this year? We haven't run blocked very well all year and our pass protection has been decent at times, but very inconsistent. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if the OL had a decent outing against Clemson, but I don't foresee our OL dominating anyone... and I also wouldn't be surprised if they went out there and got pushed around a good bit as well. Now, if you're talking strictly DL then yes we are very capable of dominating the trenches on that side of the ball.
I just don't think we can take much from the wofford game. I certainly don't think the o line has been a bright spot at any point this year but we can absolutely push clemson around if we have good effort.
boonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #63
boonyg
Recruit

Male

Quote:
and yes agreed the d line can dominate if we come to play.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #64
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

We will dominate both sides of the ball.If we can have our kickoffs start Clemsuck on the 25, our special teams will run wild.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #65
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
We will dominate both sides of the ball.If we can have our kickoffs start Clemsuck on the 25, our special teams will run wild.
Believe it or not, Clemson has been really bad on kickoff returns this year. It is surprising with all of the speed they have, but they really haven't been that impressive on returns. They are averaging about 20 yards per return which puts them right around the 20-25 yard line on average.

Put it this way, they are averaging about the same number of yards per return that we are...... which is not good.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #66
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonyg View Post
I just don't think we can take much from the wofford game. I certainly don't think the o line has been a bright spot at any point this year but we can absolutely push clemson around if we have good effort.
I honestly don't know much about Clemson's DL, but I hope you are right!
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #67
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The only thing I know about Clemson's d-line is that they have a young guy at DE named Beasley that has done pretty well. He has 8.5 sacks which is about where Clowney stands (9). But the thing about him is that he is only about 225 lbs playing DE.

So I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing against our O-line. Seems like Wofford had success by being smaller and quicker.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #68
boonyg
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Believe it or not, Clemson has been really bad on kickoff returns this year. It is surprising with all of the speed they have, but they really haven't been that impressive on returns. They are averaging about 20 yards per return which puts them right around the 20-25 yard line on average.
clemson has a lot of weaknesses that will be exposed this week. Winning masks errors and they haven't lost in a while. That could be trouble for them. When I watch them play I see poor tackling, poor special teams coverage, turnovers etc. When you win every week the urgency isn't there as much to get things dialed in.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #69
boonyg
Recruit

Male

Quote:
they have to bring extra guys to get pressure. Not a good sign when your pass coverage is already horrible.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #70
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

After going to and watching the Clemson vs NC state, what I gathered from the game is that our Secondary and Special Teams coverage are horrible and need a major improvement come this Saturday.

Towards the end of the game, some fellow Clemson fans and myself agreed that when it comes to Special Teams coverage that if we don't fix what's wrong that Ace Sanders is going to shove our mistakes down our throats every time he get's the ball.

I'll be the first to say I am confident that we have what it takes to win the game, however we also can easily lose it as well. I am just glad that we will be home at Death Valley for this game.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #71
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
After going to and watching the Clemson vs NC state, what I gathered from the game is that our Secondary and Special Teams coverage are horrible and need a major improvement come this Saturday.
If Breeland doesn't play (doubtful), is that a big impact? Or is he just one of a line of guys that were struggling in the secondary to the point that it really doesn't matter who is back there?

I know he was also one of the main special teams guys.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #72
boonyg
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post

Towards the end of the game, some fellow Clemson fans and myself agreed that when it comes to Special Teams coverage that if we don't fix what's wrong that Ace Sanders is going to shove our mistakes down our throats every time he get's the ball.

I'll be the first to say I am confident that we have what it takes to win the game, however we also can easily lose it as well. I am just glad that we will be home at Death Valley for this game.
classy post and a fair assessment
Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #73
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
If Breeland doesn't play (doubtful), is that a big impact? Or is he just one of a line of guys that were struggling in the secondary to the point that it really doesn't matter who is back there?

I know he was also one of the main special teams guys.
From what I watched during that game at least, Breeland struggled with the rest of them. I remember watching him get out played at one point which gave NC State a TD. At this point I feel that it doesn't matter who is in the secondary.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #74
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Both are over confident, this thread is stupid.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #75
cockysousa
Battle

Male

cockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Bottom line is that our defense better come to play.
If you think defense is the problem, you ain't watched a single game.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #76
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockysousa View Post
If you think defense is the problem, you ain't watched a single game.
Never said our defense was the problem. Not even remotely what I said. I was giving Clemson's offense credit which some SC have a different opinion on. I think Clemson's offense is legit. And when you are playing a legit offense, your defense better come to play. Correct???
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #77
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboard View Post
about the dumbest thing I've seen here in a while. Really why even post something that stupid?

You're right it shoudn't have been posted because it goes without saying.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #78
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scz71864 View Post
Id be more than happy to eat my words come Sunday. I honestly think Clemson will take us to the woodshed. Might get ugly in the 4th. When Spurrier starts saying nice things about Dabo the week before thats not a good thing. This team doesn't focus for road games, Conner is not 100%. Clowney isnt 100%. Ill be there cheering my lungs out but i have to say im not confident this year at all.

I really can't quite figure out why we are so worried. True Clempson O has been on a roll lately. But our D has not played poorly with the possible exception of the UT game. Our D has been good this year. We will get our shots in. And the Clempson D has been pathetic almost all year. More pathetic than our O. It will be a cold night and that plays in the hands of the D. Not predicting that we will kill them or anything like that. But I do believe we should win if we play our game. We are a more complete team.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #79
gamecockrunner
Walk On

Male

gamecockrunner has hatched from the shell

Let Clemson be over confident. If we play mistake free we will win.
gamecockrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #80
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Their defense is awful.. GOD AWFUL.

Funny b/c they paid for that "top coordinator" and all those big time recruits.

We will be able to move the ball vs them like we did Arky, and our defense will be the best they've seen all season (FSU is not as good as we, espcially after losing Jenkins)

JUST DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES CONNOR. and we will crush them.