CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3168)
2014 Subway Classic: (1522)
aTm demolishes Kyle (707)
Cocky at the Duck Co (679)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (591)
Really, REALLY glad (501)
Deer Hunting 2014 (354)
movers, furniture do (288)
Happy Winter Solstic (255)
Streaming nfl games (243)
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Connor to be backup?
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #261
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material
Default Re: David Williams Thread (2013 Prospect)

Lol I love how i put updates and then someone else posts the same thing the next day, then everyone discusses it
Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #262
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

Are we still in good with this kid ?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #263
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Yup
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #264
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Update on gcc with the firing of dooley
Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 AM   #265
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

David talked with Chris Clark of GCC tonight and told him Carolina was his leader. He also said he no longer had any interest in Tenn at this time.....remember they were thought to be his next choice. This is very, very good news.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #266
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Also said there is new interest in Miami and ND. If ND wins the NC or even plays for it, and they want him then he might be theres. Ohio State is prtty much out of it now after dropping DErrick Green due to not taking another rb this class
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #267
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Were gonna regret not goin after GB
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #268
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Were gonna regret not goin after GB
I feel the same way, but what's your reason behind that?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #269
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

I'm trying to be a good solider and really support the coaching staff desire to have Williams. However there is one thing that concern me about him. And that's his desire to keep adding schools to his list especially this late in the process. Initially it was a USC /Penn St battle and we thought the fight was over. Then it became a USC/ Tenn battle, now that Dooley is gone that's over. Now Ohio ST, ND, and Miami are players. For him to be as solid as most say he is, he continues to add more teams as other teams fall to the waste side.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #270
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

I know we already have Smith committed, but hypothetically, Langley decommits (very likely now), we move Smith over to DB, take DW and GB.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #271
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1520 View Post
I'm trying to be a good solider and really support the coaching staff desire to have Williams. However there is one thing that concern me about him. And that's his desire to keep adding schools to his list especially this late in the process. Initially it was a USC /Penn St battle and we thought the fight was over. Then it became a USC/ Tenn battle, now that Dooley is gone that's over. Now Ohio ST, ND, and Miami are players. For him to be as solid as most say he is, he continues to add more teams as other teams fall to the waste side.
He might just be trying to add hype to his announcement. However, always remember that these are teenagers so their feelings commitments can change anytime. Until they attend a class after signing an LOI, nothing is "final."

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #272
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

How come DW doesn't show up on 247 sports?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #273
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
RB David Williams of Philadelphia was scheduled for an official visit to Tennessee this coming weekend but the coaching change there changed his plans. Williams now plans to take an official visit to Ohio State this weekend for the Michigan game. He has been to Arizona State and will also set officials with USC and Miami. USC will be his last visit January 19th. He's looking at Nebraska, Pittsburgh and Penn State for the fifth visit. Williams talked to USC running backs coach Everette Sands Monday and planned to call recruiter GA Mangus Monday night. And the Gamecocks, who have been strong with Williams for months, remain so. "South Carolina is my favorite but I'm liking Miami right now," Williams said. "And you can say Ohio State is a favorite. But South Carolina leads right now. I have a great relationship with the coaching staff. I enjoyed myself on my visit and I can see myself playing there." Williams has been planning to announce his decision at the Semer Fidelis Game January 4th in Carson, CA but he said Monday night he could announce soon after some more official visits. His team is still in the playoffs and Williams has rushed for 1500 yards and 18 touchdowns.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...633/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #274
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Urb is about to get on his jock?
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #275
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Greg...
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #276
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Greg...
Give me a Mike Davis and David Williams over Greg. We are going to be fine without him.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #277
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Is Greg Bryant this year's Quinshad Davis? Get over it already!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #278
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Would be more than happy to have this guy in garnet and black! Hope it happens!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #279
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
If there is a prospect remaining in the 2013 class that many feel will end up playing for the Gamecocks, it’s Williams. The 6-foot-0, 195-pound back has long been a South Carolina lean, but the work is not done for Steve Spurrier and staff.

TheBigSpur.com’s Wes Mitchell on Williams’ recruitment: "South Carolina has long been the leader for the four-star running back. At times Williams had listed Tennessee as a co-leader with the Gamecocks, but he officially dropped the Volunteers this week with the news that Derek Dooley was fired. Williams took an official visit to Arizona State on Sept. 8 and could officially visit Ohio State this weekend. Miami, Nebraska, Wisconsin and now potentially Notre Dame are also in the mix but it would be a surprise if he didn't ultimately end up at South Carolina. An official visit date hasn't been set but Williams has said the Gamecocks will get the last official.”
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/How-wil...in-2013-102709

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #280
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Williams stays home and watches USC Saturday
By Phil Kornblut
RB David Williams of Philadelphia had planned to go to Ohio State Saturday on an official visit but he wasn't able to get his transcript to the school in time, so the trip has been postponed. Instead, Williams watched the USC-Clemson game with a focus on the Gamecocks' running game. "It was a great game, both teams came to play," Williams said. "I was pretty pleased with the outcome. I watched how they (USC) ran the ball, the different formations and how much they ran the ball." Williams continues to favor USC over Ohio State and Miami. He's aware of whom USC has returning in the backfield and has been briefed on the future of Marcus Lattimore. "He's got the option to come back but they don't think he'll come back," he said. "They think he's going to heal up and get ready for the combine." Williams has visited Arizona State officially and is scheduled to visit USC January 19th. He plans to wait until his all star game to announce a final decision.