CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Latti
donbgamecock
Bobby Boucher
ConwayGamecock
usc1
Regalcock
El Cid Ranger
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2674)
BREAD (522)
Sindarius Thornwell (340)
Dress shirt help (335)
Starz Black Sails (274)
Best Child Acting Pe (236)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (168)
South Carolina @ Aub (110)
Well gameday just go (105)
Unsung Hero (84)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Name a Gamecock
Does Brenton Williams hav
Josh Cunningham Power For

Old 11-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #21
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ibrahimovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
No, not even close. I like Ibra but he disappears in big games. He doesn't step up in European championships and never has done much in the Copa America or World Cup. I don't he has even done much in the CL. I know it's a team game but he disappears in tournaments.

I like Ibra's skills. That goal was fantastic! To cap it off, it was his 4th goal of the game. So give Ibra credit. He is a great player. However, he is not close to Messi or Ronaldo. They are much better all around players but Ibra can score (as long as it's not in a tournament).

I joking said that Ibra FINALLY scored against an English team - an ALL English team (I don't think he had ever scored against an EPL team in competitions - see my comments about his tournament play above).
we are talking about Ibra not about Messi

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #22
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
we are talking about Ibra not about Messi
Yeah, I see what you did there. How about cup competitions - like the CL?

Ibra, not so much. Leagues and friendlies, he is a great. Doesn't show up when it counts though (despite his talent).
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Yeah, I see what you did there. How about cup competitions - like the CL?

Ibra, not so much. Leagues and friendlies, he is a great. Doesn't show up when it counts though (despite his talent).
may be some truth in there, he just never played for teams strong enought to win the cl, he was injured most of the time at barcelona, still scored a lot of goals.

you cannot compare the strenght of sweeden with that of argentina.

he should have gone to madrid...

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 31943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

sveeden....
Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #25
CockySwede
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
CockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his claws
Send a message via ICQ to CockySwede Send a message via AIM to CockySwede Send a message via MSN to CockySwede Send a message via Skype™ to CockySwede

Quote:
may be some truth in there, he just never played for teams strong enought to win the cl, he was injured most of the time at barcelona, still scored a lot of goals.

Ibras biggest problem is that he needs to be "the" guy, he needs to be the biggest star in the teams he play for. Barcelona has Messi and Real has Ronaldo. Maybe that it would have worked better with Ronaldo, but I doubt it.

I would love to see him in Arsenal, they have room now for a BIG star and he could carry that team to big things.
CockySwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yes, I understand that. Not playing for teams good enough to win the CL is different than not really showing up. I'm not sure if it is a psychological thing
with him or not. He's good but still not an elite level to be considered one of the best.