CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
cocky0
gamecockgal
U-Dub Gamecock
JaxcockFL
b381l
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
sanford
2000grad
Steve Spurrier - Say (1332)
A house just blew up (721)
South Carolina Footb (626)
Marines confront fak (503)
Gators brag on Clown (449)
Man Murders neighbor (328)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (300)
Southern Miss player (220)
Predict TAMU 2014 (219)
2014-15 Premier Leag (161)
Gurley or Davis
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Gators brag on Clowney
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
2015 - Christian Pellage
Another UGA player arrest
Any PC builders here? You
Southern Miss player char
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Texags

Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #61
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: UT fires head coach Derek Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
The one was so good it was worth it.

You all could have been undefeated with him on your team.

He is amazing.

Maybe so. These guys just seem to make those kinds of decisions a lot. Team chemistry and all that. So long as they're winning, I won't bitch about it too much.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #62
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Of all the other Head Coaches in the SEC, Dooley was a guy I really
admired for his coaching style and his down to earth approach to the
game and disipline. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to get him a lot of points
without the Ws in Tennessee. He was a good man, and I really think a
good Old School coach, but unfortunately too, those kinds of coaches don't
last long with a program that is looking for getting back to it's nationally
recognized status. Hate that it didn't work out for him and wish him all
the luck in the world with his future as a coach.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #63
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Here is how I see it playing out.

Start with Gruden.

Move on to Stoops.

Then move on to Jim Mora Jr./Mike Gundy/Gary Patterson

Then to Charlie Strong/Al Golden/James Franklin/Jimbo Fisher

Hopefully we don't fall below that.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #64
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Of all the other Head Coaches in the SEC, Dooley was a guy I really
admired for his coaching style and his down to earth approach to the
game and disipline. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to get him a lot of points
without the Ws in Tennessee. He was a good man, and I really think a
good Old School coach, but unfortunately too, those kinds of coaches don't
last long with a program that is looking for getting back to it's nationally
recognized status. Hate that it didn't work out for him and wish him all
the luck in the world with his future as a coach.
If he could have just closed out that Florida game (we were up 7 with the ball in Florida territory with 3 min left in 3rd Qtr) then his tenure could have been very different.

Everything was riding on that game...and he let the opportunity slip away.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #65
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
The one was so good it was worth it.

You all could have been undefeated with him on your team.

He is amazing.
Very true. All things being equal, he could have been the difference against LSU, and then who knows how different things would have been against Florida, though that was just one of those disaster games.
Not to go too far off topic, but quite a few people on this board were calling for us to go after him. I'd read that it was debatable who expressed a lack of interest first (us or him) but the bottom line is there was a huge miss on that evaluation by the staff.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #66
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I knew from the day they hired him it wouldn't work out. He seemed like a good guy though, guess a little too good.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #67
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Here is how I see it playing out.

Start with Gruden.

Move on to Stoops.

Then move on to Jim Mora Jr./Mike Gundy/Gary Patterson

Then to Charlie Strong/Al Golden/James Franklin/Jimbo Fisher

Hopefully we don't fall below that.

Boy, ya'll sure are thinking only a big name coach.. it'll sting when it's none of those.

Stoops? zero chance. Mora is meh, same for Gundy. Patterson would be the best hire, but I wanna see him vs SEC teams first.

Strong will not goto UT, Golden is a meh coach, Franklin would be an interesting hire, SEC East to SEC East. Great recruiter though. Doubt Jimbo leaves.

Regardless, UT may lose many talented guys to graduation/leavign early.. so whoever gets hired better not be expected to win anytime soon haha.

Personally I hope it is Gruden.. Recruits may want to play for him because of his name, but I just don't seem him succeeding in the SEC.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #68
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Boy, ya'll sure are thinking only a big name coach.. it'll sting when it's none of those.

Stoops? zero chance. Mora is meh, same for Gundy. Patterson would be the best hire, but I wanna see him vs SEC teams first.

Strong will not goto UT, Golden is a meh coach, Franklin would be an interesting hire, SEC East to SEC East. Great recruiter though. Doubt Jimbo leaves.

Regardless, UT may lose many talented guys to graduation/leavign early.. so whoever gets hired better not be expected to win anytime soon haha.

Personally I hope it is Gruden.. Recruits may want to play for him because of his name, but I just don't seem him succeeding in the SEC.
Our boosters are ready to back up the dump truck of cash for a big name coach.

Gruden would win at TN, but i don't want to start that argument with you again.

I don't believe Stoops would leave either so we agree there.

Mora and Gundy aren't Meh IMO, they are both great young coaches. I don't forsee either of them coming to TN though...could be wrong I guess.

Strong will not go to UT? Why wouldn't he? Huge upgrade for him, he is an SEC coach by nature and TN is one of the top 6 jobs in the SEC.

Agree Golden and Jimbo are Meh, and Franklin would be interesting. Just don't think our fanbase could wrap their heads around an ex Vandy coach as our coach.

Even though I think he could do well at TN.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #69
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Damn..Gruden is like Big Foot....You hear about him but you never see him...
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #70
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
The talk here in LSU this weekend is how Chavis is already checked out and ready to take the UT job.
..Didnt Chavis graduate from UT..??
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #71
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
..Didnt Chavis graduate from UT..??
Didn't we hear the same Chavis rumor last time before they hired Dooley?
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #72
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
Didn't we hear the same Chavis rumor last time before they hired Dooley?
...Seems like it....Really cant remember...
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #73
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

By the way....You folks who think Teeneresee cant go out and get any coach they want because of money....??..You are out of your mind....The Vols will get what they want this time....Coach Cut or Petrino is what I think...But you can bet, now that Teeneersea has put some space and time between themselves and the Kiffen abortion they are ready to go...
I still think Dooley was kind of a buffer like when we hire King Dixon and Sparky Woods....Scape goats till time heals the wounds so to speak..
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #74
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
By the way....You folks who think Teeneresee cant go out and get any coach they want because of money....??..You are out of your mind....The Vols will get what they want this time....Coach Cut or Petrino is what I think...But you can bet, now that Teeneersea has put some space and time between themselves and the Kiffen abortion they are ready to go...
I still think Dooley was kind of a buffer like when we hire King Dixon and Sparky Woods....Scape goats till time heals the wounds so to speak..
If Dooley is Sparky, then God help TN because that means they're due for a Fat Brad.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #75
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
If Dooley is Sparky, then God help TN because that means they're due for a Fat Brad.
.....You are right on that....But Im pretty sure UT aint as dumb as we were back then...
Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #76
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

There will be an entire coaching staff available after Saturday night........almost the same color scheme too!
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #77
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post
There will be an entire coaching staff available after Saturday night........almost the same color scheme too!
...Nah....they really like DatzBow....I ask them why they like him so and I pretty much get the same answer from all of them.....DatzBow is a great recruiter and he is growing into the position.......They are are putting a lot in their basket with Morris and Vernables....I think Morris is a good OC but we all see when a GOOD defense plays them they have trouble...Vern is not a good coach...Just because he coached at OU they think he can get it done....Well he didnt at OU and he aint going to in klempzun...
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #78
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

After hiring kiffin and the way they handled this, tough to say about my tenn friends, no class.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #79
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Kind of weird that Tubberville isnt being mentioned more....I would think Coach Cut and Petrino are on top of the list but Tubbz would be a strong hire also..
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #80
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Gruden is interesting because he hasn't taken his name out of the pot yet.

He could be angling for more tv money or he could be really interested in the Tenn job.

I also have to wonder though if he is waiting to see how the Carolina Panthers season plays out (or any of the other jobs that are sure to come open in the NFL) maybe he has the NFL itch again (but not the NFL itch that is attained from camp followers).