CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
nodnahs
b381l
Gamecocks1137
ktguen
Lonnie
WeStillOwnUSC
Master Bedroom
USCfootball
GamecockSuperFan
TRBTB
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1318)
Ranking the Opposing (1126)
Not a Rival.. (929)
Gamecock Coaches as (704)
NCAA Football 15 (425)
help with army insig (420)
Clemson Recruiting.. (344)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (331)
Hello Gamecocks! (317)
Marching band (285)
Green and Lammons
Clemson Recruiting...how
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
2015 - Mon Denson
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Dylan Engaged
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 11-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #41
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs
Default Re: I know Clemson's schedule is talked about a lot...but

I'm just happy I am off work in time to watch this game on TV. I wanted to go but sadly, work comes first.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #42
cocksfan76
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his comb

Some offenses get better year to year. Some defenses get worse. Comparing last year to this year is meaningless. Now, comparing O vs D this year means something. For instance, our D only allowed 30 points twice. Florida, where we GAVE at least 21 points to them and TN against one of the best passers in the country. Several of the other games wouldn't have been as high as they were without late garbage scores allowed. I expect a good game, but I certainly would be surprised to see our D "fold". Like has been said in other threads, the key will be our O. I think SOS intentionally played a short playbook the last couple weeks. We literally ran about 5 plays all game against Wofford. Clemson's D is terrible, ranked 69 to the Gamecocks 13th in total defense. Comparing schedules and total defense/offense looks something like this:

Team D O
Wake 87 117
MD 15 120 (worst in the country)
Duke 95 87
NC St 83 46
FSU 1 14

UF 4 104
LSU 5 68
GA 20 25
Ark 79 54
TN 110 23

Clemp 69 6
USC 13 93

SEC Championship! 2013
cocksfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #43
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
How many has sc beaten with 6 wins?
It's not just beating the top teams, it's also about just playing against them. You play a physical team like LSU, there's a physical toll compared to playing a series of ACC creampuffs.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #44
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Nobody wants to admit it, but clemson is still a very good team. No, they won't score 60 like they do against ACC teams, but don't be surprised if they put 30 on the board. I don't think our offense can score more than 30.

You don't think our offense can score more than 30?? Against THAT defense?!? We AVERAGE 35 points per game!! We've scored 30 plus in 8 of our 11 games!! And Clemson may have the most generous defense we've faced!!

Thank you for giving us an example of negative thinking so extreme that it defies all logic, evidence and reason.

Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #45
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

This should be easy by now. If Spurrier is in a good mood, sounds confident then Clemson better watch out. If he sounds concerned or angry........... not good.

We will know by tomorrow how badly we will beat the Tiggers.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #46
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb

Clemson's schedule is weak! We get it. Now lets please talk about the teams that will be on the field Saturday. I think that if you have a schedule full of Kentucky's and Tennessee's and Georgia Tech's and Maryland's it is still very hard to go 11-1 and 10-2 and these two teams playing Saturday have a shot to do that. I think what Clemson has done on the offensive side of the ball is outstanding. Week in week out they produce points no matter who the deffense is. Come Saturday they will see a front four like they have never seen before. If Carolina gets a few stops or a couple timely turnover this game could get out of hand.
So no matter which team has played who lets talk football not past. That's what we tell Clemson fans when they bring up the overall record isn't it???
GO COCKS!

"I am not a desert but a SANDSTORM builds within me"
Spurman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #47
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Oregon vs Stanford.

Just sayin'...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #48
boonyg
Recruit

Male

boonyg has hatched from the shell

iron sharpens iron. playing better competition makes you better period. there isn't anyone on the planet who believes clemson has played a tough schedule. it will matter. will it matter enough that we beat them again? i don't know. but for sure they are an unknown quantity to this point in my mind. this is an advantage for us. they will need to adjust to the speed of the game against us in my opinion.
boonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #49
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
This I have never understood, our schedule is a joke but what do y'all want us to do about it. We can't control how weak the rest of our conference is, we outplay them like we are supposed to do. If you want us to play a tougher schedule then get us an SEC invite, because that is the only way we will get a tougher SOS unless the rest of the conference starts stepping it up.

Dabo doesn't have the stones to go into the SEC even with an invite and no punishment from the ACC. They would never get bowl eligible.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #50
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Dabo doesn't have the stones to go into the SEC even with an invite and no punishment from the ACC. They would never get bowl eligible.
I think we would be in the middle to low end of the pack a majority of the time, but to never be bowl eligible is a silly comment to make. If you are not just a Carolina fan, but a true a sports fan, you honestly can't believe that our team would never see a bowl game in the SEC.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #51
cockycock10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1110
cockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
If Boyd can read the blitzes, I can see you having some success against our D. However there is no reason to believe that he will be able to read or recognize our packages any better than last year.
You do know players improve right? I hate clemson as much as anyone but to say he wont be able to read our defense any better than last year is a biased statement. What makes you think he wont be able to?
cockycock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #52
cockycock10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1110
cockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
I think we would be in the middle to low end of the pack a majority of the time, but to never be bowl eligible is a silly comment to make. If you are not just a Carolina fan, but a true a sports fan, you honestly can't believe that our team would never see a bowl game in the SEC.
I'm a Carolina alumnus and I despise Clemson. That said, I try to be objective when it comes to Clemson. I'm certain Clemson would be bowl eligible in the SEC and would be a mediocre team like US in the past. You're better than Mizzou, Vandy, UK, Tenn. With a better defense, you'll be contending for the same spot as us in the SEC.
cockycock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #53
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

Just an observation, our offense may not score more than 30, but how many points will our defense score??? What makes you so sure that clemsux will score 30 or more against our defense? Every game is a contest of our D against their O, and our O against their D. If you look at both sides of this contest, I believe that we can win both sides.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #54
U-S-C till i D-I-E
Recruit

Male

U-S-C till i D-I-E is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Oregon vs Stanford.

Just sayin'...
Agreed. Oregon was averaging 40 points a game and blowing people out, until they faced a team that actually gets down and plays serious defense. There is a huge difference in a team that plays real def and teams that don't.
U-S-C till i D-I-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #55
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
You write for Bleacher Report don't you? Because that's just plain retarded.
What's retarded is you thinking we've lost 3 games.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #56
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockycock10 View Post
You do know players improve right? I hate clemson as much as anyone but to say he wont be able to read our defense any better than last year is a biased statement. What makes you think he wont be able to?
Read what I said. I said there is no reason to believe that he can pick up on the blitz packages- New D-Coordinator, new style of defense, what makes YOU think that he will be effective when few others have been, and those are SEC offenses that have had trouble.

You do know we are ranked pretty highly in the NCAA in sacks, QB pressure, tackles for loss right?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #57
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Our SOS is pretty weak as well but not as bad. We beat the teams we were supposed to and they killed the teams they were supposed to, offensively for the most part. End of story. The thing to look at is how did our D do against pass first offenses. They only real one I can think of is UT and we didn't do so well, possibly Arky where we did good enough. Don't think Clemson has anywhere near the OL as UT but they have heads and shoulders better skill players, Bray included, and a running game to boot. This will be the toughest match up that our D faces this year. Reminds me a little of Arky type match ups of the past. If we're not generating pressure and some mental mistakes early, could be a long night.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #58
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
[/b]

You don't think our offense can score more than 30?? Against THAT defense?!? We AVERAGE 35 points per game!! We've scored 30 plus in 8 of our 11 games!! And Clemson may have the most generous defense we've faced!!

Thank you for giving us an example of negative thinking so extreme that it defies all logic, evidence and reason.

Finally, someone who has actually watched our games. Points to you!
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #59
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

It's clemscum, who cares, we will beat them soundly. Boyd will eat dirt and it will not be easy for them. I don't care what quality teams we have played. This is a home game for us, this is our State and we are going to own it.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #60
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetemGamecocks View Post
We average 31.8 total points a game. The Clemson defense sucks.

And this is against an SEC schedule.