CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Gamecocks1137
Aggie96
mpilot0705
Bed Sores
johnnyb
Carolina4Life
Spurticus
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
The Field (2412)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1847)
Anyone watching pti (1214)
One of the great thi (1210)
GAME (1136)
Spurticus has some e (1089)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (954)
Aggies En Route (912)
Spurticus has some e (834)
Death in the family (798)
Here is the trophy for th
Work Today Efficient?
Kyle Carpenter to lead Ga
Who else?
"We Believe" st
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu
Death in the family
**USC vs. Texas A&M G
SEC Game of the Week
Let's talk Italian

Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default **USC vs. Rider GAME Thread**

The South Carolina men's basketball team (2-0) is set to host Rider (2-1) on Monday night, continuing play in the Hoops For Hope Classic. Below are game details and notes for the contest.

Date: Monday, Nov. 19, 2012
Tipoff: 7:04 p.m. ET
Arena: Colonial Life Arena (18,000)
Series: Rider leads 1-0
Last Meeting: Rider win, 63-56, Dec. 18, 1982 in Columbia, S.C.
Television: Fox Sports Carolinas
Talent: Andy Demetra (pxp), Eddie Fogler (analyst)
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network
Sirius: 113; XM: 199
Talent: Derek Scott (pxp), Casey Manning (analyst)

Scouting Rider
The Broncs begin a lengthy road trip - a four-game, nine-day swing - including a trip to Puerto Vallarta, on Monday at South Carolina. Rider posted a convincing 79-54 win vs. Robert Morris in the season opener on Nov. 9, before suffering a 54-46 loss to Stony Brook on the 17th. Junior guard Nuri Lindsey was named the MAAC Player of the Week on Nov. 12 for his play vs. Robert Morris. The transfer from St. John's scored 26 points and dished five assists in the Broncs win. Junior forward Daniel Stewart scored 18 points to lead Rider to a 65-62 win over Monmouth on Saturday night. The Broncs are led by first-year head coch Kevin Baggett. He previously held the position of associate head coach at Rider since the 2008-09 campaign.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...111812aac.html
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Rider GAME Thread**

I actually watched Rider play Stony Brook in a 6AM game during the ESPN basketball marathon in Rider's tiny gym.

We should be able to handle them, but you never know what can happen.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Rider is usually a decent team
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Hopefully Carerra will be back tonight.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
you'll have to talk to him again and bring us the news...LOL
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

GO COCKS!!!
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

I expect Carrera will be back and have a chance at another double-double. Hope the team plays more like Coach Martin wants. If they do, they should win.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
I actually saw him at the ladies game yesterday. I asked him if he was going to play and he told me not yet.
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcock View Post
I actually saw him at the ladies game yesterday. I asked him if he was going to play and he told me not yet.
Damn that must have been a nasty elbow to the temple. A one week recovery from concussion means he got rocked.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
jared
Two Deep

Male

jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
you'll have to talk to him again and bring us the news...LOL
Haha I haven't seen him today. It's only been 5 days since the concussion so he probably won't be back.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
jared
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcock View Post
Yeah I wouldn't think he'd be ready yet. I think the injury happened on Wednesday so you usually need at least a week.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

If anyone is interested, I am working the game...........6'1 white guy, extremely short hair, khaki pants, black "Colonial Life Arena" polo shirt and black and white sneakers......Don't hesitate to ask, if you think it is me....Other than that, if I get to sit down and watch the game, I definitely will post where I am sitting. Last time I didn't get to because someone in management asked me if I wanted a tour of the arena and I said, "yes." If they don't put me on something that entails working all game, then I will let y'all know.

Gapo
Old 11-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

i will be in the pep band.. again! already playing at my 7th game of the year.

leading the cheers again. though admittedly, i don't have to do as much for men's games because their are more students who actively yell "ooooooh" every possession.

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

unfortunately i won't be there tonight
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I'll be there, sitting behind Rider, just yelling the numbers of their players obnoxiously over and over. Hey! 22! Hey! 22! Yeah....

HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Hopefully we play well .. we head to Mexico afterwards (open with Missouri State, then the winner/loser of Ark-Little Rock/SMU). Then come back to play @ St. John's (not in the Garden unfortunately) and then Clemson.

Pretty cool that we could play Larry Brown's team in Mexico and follow that up with Coach Lavin's team @ Lou Carnesseca's court. That'll be fun.

Competition is going to ratchet up here shortly.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

We're 0-1 vs Rider... lol. Time to fix that.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GapoGamecock51 View Post
If anyone is interested, I am working the game...........6'1 white guy, extremely short hair, khaki pants, black "Colonial Life Arena" polo shirt and black and white sneakers......Don't hesitate to ask, if you think it is me....Other than that, if I get to sit down and watch the game, I definitely will post where I am sitting. Last time I didn't get to because someone in management asked me if I wanted a tour of the arena and I said, "yes." If they don't put me on something that entails working all game, then I will let y'all know.

Gapo
Section 109 right behind the scorers table. A friend of mine in the upper deck at the Milwaukee game said he heard me all the way up there, lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
We're 0-1 vs Rider... lol. Time to fix that.
I attended that loss in 1982 so I've been waiting a long time to exact revenge!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #20
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Anyone know if its possible to listen on the iPhone? I Heart Radio app just played commercials last Friday during game time :/

Attendance record vs. Clemson as a student: 5-0
Attendance record at home games as a student: 32-3

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote