CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
taylorssc
Latt7more
B-G
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
b381l
HeadCockFan
Why is everyone anti (1195)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1097)
Incoming Class (1074)
Just thought of some (900)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (758)
Tennessee kickoff an (742)
Let us clarify some (740)
Miss St. defense (618)
Is Clowney back toni (601)
How did we not make it.
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
No easy road for our offe
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Recipe for success
University of Buffalo tar

Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default 350 yards of total offense.

I think we have a good shot of winning. I think we are just as good, if not better, than Clemson. But things also happen just like they did at Florida.

If we have three fumbles that cost us the game, it will make me sick but I am not going to beat up a guy because they aren't out there trying to fumble. If Clemson lights us up in offense and our defense doesn't play as well we would like, I will give credit to Clemson.

But there is absolutely no excuse for us not to have at least 350 yards of offense against Clemson. I am always a HUGE supporter of our coaching staff, but if we don't move the ball on Clemson then something needs to change with our offensive coaching staff. Because our backups should be able to gain 350 yards of offense on Clemson.

Sorry for being negative. Not usually my style on here. But I hate Clemson and there is just no excuse of we struggle on offense against that defense.

Hopefully, I have nothing to worry about.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: 350 yards of total offense.

A team that was ranked 59th in the nation in total offense just put 48
pionts on Clemson. The Tigers score a lot of points on big plays because
Boyd is able to stand in the pocket and throw deep to WRs that run past
a schedule full of weak defenses. ..... THE ONLY WAY we lose the game
this Saturday is to pull another game out of our butts like the one we
played at Florida, and even then, I'm not sure that if we gave Clemson the
ball three times inside our own 20, that they could score TDs on our
defense. .......Still,

If we don't turn the ball over, Clemson will have to score 50+ on our offense
to offset the points we will score on their defense and Clemson ain't
anywhere close to good enough to do that. They will not score all day from
long range the way they do everyone else, because of the defensive
pressure he is going to be under for that game. They will not be able to
sustain several long drives against us either, to be able to score the
total points it will take to win the game.

I really am disappointed in the number of Gamecock fans I have spoken
to over the past few weeks who are nervous or scared about the game
this weekend. ......... CLEMSON WILL NOT SCORE MORE THAN TWO TDs
ON OUR DEFENSE SATURDAY !!!

South Carolina will be coming back to Columbia with the win, and the
State Trophy again Saturday night. Y'all trust me on this one... We are
Going To Win Saturday.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Thanks Spurt, I hope you are right. I feel good about every part of our team other than how our offense can look at times.

Overall, I am happy with our offense. If we play like we did against UT or Ark then we will be fine. But we just have those head scratcher games from time to time.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

My issue is I feel like we let teams move freely down the field and then suddenly our D wakes up in the red zone. Then we can hold them to a field goal or maybe force a turnover. Clemson loves the long ball and I'm afraid they will march down the field fairly easily on our secondary. In the red zone it should be a good battle though.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

People also don't forget ... Spurrier is shooting for the All-time wins record in the home of a guy that tried to make him look like a fool last year with his little rant. Spurrier will NOT lose this game.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
defense. .......Still,

Going To Win Saturday.
Can I get a "Hell Yeah".... I BELIEVE !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
garnetchicken
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

Wonder if Spurrier calls up his buddy Mr. Stoops this week and has a little chat about Mr. Venables?
garnetchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
People also don't forget ... Spurrier is shooting for the All-time wins record in the home of a guy that tried to make him look like a fool last year with his little rant. Spurrier will NOT lose this game.
Agreed Spurrier has made to many sly remarks about Dabo all season long! He has been waiting on this game! Like a school yard fight!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Spurrier isn't playing. Thats why all the coach drama isn't near the factor that you guys think it is. Now if one team gets the upper hand you can see the drama factor play in as both coaches would likely keep their foot on the accelerator.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
defense. .......Still,

Going To Win Saturday.
I was about to start a thread calling for you to give your views of this game as you have been very outspoken that we should spank them. It looks like I don't have to now... thanks for your optimism, it has made me feel better.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I'm right with Spurt.
The only thing I"m worried about is those shiteaters starting a fight and getting our players suspended for a bowl game.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
gamecockphilip
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
gamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPit

not to mention spurrier has thrown a couple jabs through out the season...he'll back his talk
gamecockphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Clemson's offense is pretty good, but their D is terrible. I honestly think Wofford has a better defense than them...Anyway I'll think we'll easily put up 350 yds, and I think we'll have to to win. I just dont think theres anyway Clemson puts up less than 21pts. Thats my opinion judging how their offense has performed this season. They put up quite a bit on FSU, who supposedly has a good D.

I think we'll win but I could see them scoring more than you think.
38-27 Gamecocks
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Im just waiting for a little guy named Mike " You cant touch me" Davis to get the ball in relief of miles. Watch there will be another Davis big run in clemson this year. I see a 70 plus yard run against clemson !!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Considering we average 365 yds/gm and Clemson gives up 408 yds/gm, I don't think it'll be much of a problem...

Where did this 350 yards of offense number come from?
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #16
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Here's one for you....if Tennessee played Clemson's schedule what would their record be?

Not smack, but I think their record and offensive (and defensive) stats would be very similar.

Clemson will be a ballgame, but I'm amazed at the respect they're being given for accomplishing what most top 20 teams would with that schedule.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Spurt, I think you are gonna be way wrong about Clemson not scoring more than two TD's. I hope you are right, but I see nothing in our D versus their offense to make me believe that. Their team was spiraling downwards when we played them last year. This year they are riding a high. I think we have to score 35 to beat them this season. I hope I am wrong.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #18
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
Considering we average 365 yds/gm and Clemson gives up 408 yds/gm, I don't think it'll be much of a problem...

Where did this 350 yards of offense number come from?
It was just a number I came up with that I felt like we should have against Clemson as a minimum. All I am saying is that we have some major offensive issues that are deeper than just Connor Shaw having a bad foot if we can't get 350 yards of offense. I guess the Wofford game has just made me a little nervous because Connor seemed to regress a little bit and didn't want to throw it.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #19
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

For what its worth, I agree with Spurt and Cack......

Clemson has not been in a close game all year in the fourth qtr, and they have not seen the pressure our D-line is about to unleash!

Add to that.......Kenny Miles came back for his fifth year specifically for a chance at the opportunity this game presents!

I won't make a prediction of how much we win by, but I will predict a win!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #20
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
It was just a number I came up with that I felt like we should have against Clemson as a minimum. All I am saying is that we have some major offensive issues that are deeper than just Connor Shaw having a bad foot if we can't get 350 yards of offense. I guess the Wofford game has just made me a little nervous because Connor seemed to regress a little bit and didn't want to throw it.
thats been going on for a while but now... it appears he isnt near as effective running the ball also. its a recipe for disaster
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote