CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Kyle76
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
18IsTheMan
GSC2013
Spurticus
Roosterboy
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2080)
Pirate Depth Chart (1244)
East Carolina Predic (1129)
Why didn't Wes Green (1012)
who thinks we need a (960)
Did we ever go after (516)
You guys are horribl (473)
A&M on 3rd down (355)
It's the offenses no (327)
Finally Cooled Off (311)
East Carolina Prediction
Carolina opens -15.5
A&M on 3rd down
Past SEC Champions who ha
Do we have any shot again
Wesley Green?
2014-15 Premier League se
The Demise of the 3-4
Gamecock football Long Te
Mike Davis "doubtful

Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #81
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Our QB play will determine outcome..

I can't believe I'm about to write what I'm about to write. And really, I'm just thinking out loud here.

If Connor's foot is still bothering him, and he's going to see limited practice this week, AND knowing how weak Clemson's back 5 are, why don't we give DT a shot in this game? I'm not sure that the tigers would see that wrinkle coming... unless dabo reads cockytalk...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #82
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

O-line is gonna have to block better than they did against Wofford obviously. Our receivers and tight ends can get open on Clemson's defense. We need to score early and often. Can't mess around and get in a hole. Our defense can keep us in the game, but the offense has to do its part.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #83
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

maintaining long sustained balanced drives is going to be the biggest factor...RUN THE FOOTBALL! do not come out slinging the ball around.... this will give our D time to rest and eat clock limiting clemsons chances... clemson is going to score but if our D is well rested they maybe able to make that one or two crucial stops that change the game... we will not win a shootout with clemson ... long balanced sustained drives by our offense are going to win this game
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #84
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I can't believe I'm about to write what I'm about to write. And really, I'm just thinking out loud here.

If Connor's foot is still bothering him, and he's going to see limited practice this week, AND knowing how weak Clemson's back 5 are, why don't we give DT a shot in this game? I'm not sure that the tigers would see that wrinkle coming... unless dabo reads cockytalk...
Why not play the better QB then sub in DT if there is an injury?
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #85
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
Why not play the better QB then sub in DT if there is an injury?
I agree 100% as long as Connor is producing early. But this is a game where we need to make a change if Connor isn't moving the offense. Clemsons defense is just too bad to have a QB out there if he is not moving the chains.

I believe in Connor and I hope he plays just like he did against Many teams this year. But if he refuses to throw it against a secondary that is as bad as Clemsons then we have to get someone in that will throw it.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #86
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Shaw plays them like he did last year, he will carve them up again.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #87
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

don't mean this to be offensive to anyone, but several of you sound like you're in panic mode. listen, i understand that our offense had a bad day last week, when we thought that they would dominate. but there are a few things that you need to consider. first, never underestimate the power of a strong willed heart, or the difficulty of playing in rhythm against a freaky team that is unlike any other that you play. wofford is a nasty team to play, and they put everything they had into that game, and gave us fits. it's ok. they did the same thing to clempscum last year, and have done the same thing to many, many great teams in the past. but you can't judge connor, or our offense, on that game. it was a atypical game, and not indicative of our team.
connor has played very well under terrible circumstances all year. so he had a really bad game. well, he has almost always bounced back very well after having a bad game. i expect him and our coaches to set things up very well for him in this game. a better feeling should be the arkie and tenn games. they are much more like cu. great offenses, especially passing the ball, and subpar defenses. look at connor's, and our teams efforts in those games and you should feel better about this weeks game.
no need to panic. we will go up there and out muscle them to a win. one last point, our ol always has trouble with smaller faster dl's, but play much better against bigger slower dl's. so they will handle cu's dl, and connor will have a career day. mark it down!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #88
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I really believe this. Our d-line is going to get its stops and big plays and Clemson is going to score some points. Our running backs are going to gain some yards (probably around 100-150). I feel very comfortable that all of this will pan out just like we expect.

This game will come down to QB play. Shaw plays like he did against UT, Ark, UGA, Mizzou, UAB, and even LSU, SC wins. His performance against LSU would get us 40 points against Clemson's defense.

Shaw plays like he did against Florida, Kentucky, or Wofford and SC loses.

Everyone on here knows I have been a HUGE proponent of Connor Shaw. That is true. But in THIS PARTICULAR game, if Shaw seems like he is afraid to throw it like it appeared against Wofford, DT needs to go in, even in a hostile environment. This is not a "who is a better QB point." I am saying this because Clemson's secondary is horrible and all SC needs is for someone to actually throw the ball downfield.

In any other game, I would have said Shaw was still our best option because we could play ball control and still win and having DT in would risk too many turnovers from lack of experience. This game is different. We can score 40 easily on Clemson if we just throw the ball.

If Connor does what he did against Ark and UT, which was only a couple of weeks ago, we will beat Clemson.
I simply do not trust Connor out there right now. He's over thinking his reads, pulls down and wants to run all the time. Spurrier needs to take this kid out to O'Charlies for a steak and some beers and whisper superlatives in his ear or something, because we need his confidence to be red hot.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #89
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
I simply do not trust Connor out there right now. He's over thinking his reads, pulls down and wants to run all the time. Spurrier needs to take this kid out to O'Charlies for a steak and some beers and whisper superlatives in his ear or something, because we need his confidence to be red hot.
Hot hands and a run game. We need to run it with authority and Connor has to show some poise. Smart, not tentative.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote