CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
SC Sandlapper
So Disappointed With (1778)
Rank the QBs under S (1339)
Back like cooked cra (935)
Tennessee game (642)
Who start on the d l (599)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (434)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (323)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (145)
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re
Vote For Cocky
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 11-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #141
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 919723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Rider GAME Thread**

Not sure why we don't have a bigger crowd! Worth the price of admission just to watch the scowl on Frank Martin's face! LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #142
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming in

It is basically thanksgiving break. The Elon game will be worse.

It will definitely pick up come SEC schedule time though.
MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #143
GarnetLaw
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
GarnetLaw is learning to peckGarnetLaw is learning to peck

this is the first time since November 2008 that we have scored 80+ points in three straight games. Frank has this team playing well and Im exited to see what he can do once we get everyone back
GarnetLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #144
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming in

We lost to Elon last year, so maybe that is the game that will help determine for you undecided people whether or not we are better?

Also the Clemson game.
MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #145
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjGCock View Post
We lost to Elon last year, so maybe that is the game that will help determine for you undecided people whether or not we are better?

Also the Clemson game.
While I can understand your sentiment about the Elon game, not sure why Clemson is mentioned b/c we did beat them last year.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #146
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Coach Frank reminds me of Bobby Knight. Actually, from what I saw last night, more like Bobby Knight on crack. He really jumps on the players when they screw up. Kept waiting for him to grab someone by the throat, LOL. All kidding aside, his demeanor concerns me.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #147
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Coach Frank reminds me of Bobby Knight. Actually, from what I saw last night, more like Bobby Knight on crack. He really jumps on the players when they screw up. Kept waiting for him to grab someone by the throat, LOL. All kidding aside, his demeanor concerns me.

His demeanor concerns you? Really? Why would Frank's demanor concern you?
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #148
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjGCock View Post

Also the Clemson game.
USC's measuring stick game will be AT St. John's next week.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #149
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
His demeanor concerns you? Really? Why would Frank's demanor concern you?
Probably because I'm not accustomed to it and I don't know many kids these days that respond well, or would commit to play for a coach with that kind of style.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #150
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Well he is off to a good start with 4 star Sindarius Thornwell already signed and a potential Top 50 player in Marcus Stroman on board for 2014.

He recruited well at K-State, he will do the same here. Kids like playing for him because unlike Bobby Knight (late in his career), he relates extremely well to high schoolers.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #151
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

The team is showing some flashes...and timeouts have never been more entertaining. These guys are fun to watch and they could turn out to have a nice little team this year
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #152
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Yep, I'm wrong.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ecocks-2012-13

No doubt, if a kid is concerned that he sometimes slacks off and doesn't give full effort all the time, Coach Frank is probably the guy he needs to play for.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #153
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
USC's measuring stick game will be AT St. John's next week.
I saw the Johnies play at CofC Thursday night. Didn't realize Lavin was coaching them. They are tough. They get to the rim and have more than one player that can create his own shot. They are a little bigger than us but not a towering team. Should be a good game.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #154
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Yeah Lavin brought in a dynamite recruiting class 2 years ago I think? and I believe one or two of them are NBA prospects.

It is going to be a really tough challenge for our guys.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #155
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Probably because I'm not accustomed to it and I don't know many kids these days that respond well, or would commit to play for a coach with that kind of style.

I'm not accustomed to it either, but I like it. I love it that Martin is our coach. I don't know anyone I'd trade him for. Tough kids who want to try to be their best will love playing for him.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #156
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

As fans I think he will get our crowd fired up and the CLA(W) can be a raucous venue when close to capacity. In my experience, all it takes to improve attendance is 2 or 3 nice road wins and the fans come out in droves. All we need is a little hope and the fans will be back.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #157
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
As fans I think he will get our crowd fired up and the CLA(W) can be a raucous venue when close to capacity. In my experience, all it takes to improve attendance is 2 or 3 nice road wins and the fans come out in droves. All we need is a little hope and the fans will be back.
The student section already sounds a lot better and more engaged, IMO. Our crowds last year were pretty quiet overall, especially in the early non-conference games, but there's actually a noticeable fan reaction now.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #158
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I think Frank will realize he got a little spoiled by what he had a K-State in terms of crowd environment and home court advantage. They called Bramlage Coliseum 'The Octagon of Doom'.

It is going to take a year for 18K people to really start coming to these games, IMO.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #159
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I think Frank will realize he got a little spoiled by what he had a K-State in terms of crowd environment and home court advantage. They called Bramlage Coliseum 'The Octagon of Doom'.

It is going to take a year for 18K people to really start coming to these games, IMO.
The parking lot logjam that has been created here downtown, along with 5$ charge, makes most casual fans not want to go without a good reason.

Personally I have no trouble parking on campus and walking, but older folk and those with kids probably want to avoid the whole experience.

That would get twice as many people in for these smaller games.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #160
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Lockin down the second row of the student section every game!! We've been pretty crazy so far