CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
JerseyBird
thumpin big
rabid cock
peterlemon
smoovecock
ccured
brosephy
RGHoskins
U-Dub Gamecock
Brad Lawing (1754)
Currently 2nd in att (1006)
Alshon - Bose (883)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (814)
How cool would it be (732)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (618)
Constant Updates on (612)
Garcia vs Clemson To (479)
Carolina/Clemson gam (469)
Awesome time waster (430)
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso
Props to Volleyball!
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Currently 2nd in attendan
Brad Lawing
THE ONE MARCUS LATTIMORE
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Where to watch in Arlingt

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 AM   #12541
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brendan Langley Thread (2013 Commitment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
What did Hampton do for the year after high school before coming to Columbia because he has only been at Carolina for 2 years.
He spent his true freshman season in 2010 as a red-shirt....he came in with Lattimore in the same class.....
Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #12542
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
But Tori had been out of school for a couple of years and I think he was 26-27 when he decided on going to the NFL.
and as far as Captain, I think most were upset with the fact that he basically gave up college and going to class his final (junior) year, which resulted in him being academically ineligible for the bowl game, and possibly the CU game as well (cant exactly remember)...

Most were thinking that one more year in college wasn't going to help Munnerlyn improve...he was already an all-SEC caliber CB. Tori probably thought another year at USC wouldn't help him because Alshon would still be there and he (Tori) would still be over-shadowed by him. Plus his age was also a factor....

Hampton IMO is still learning: this season was his very first as a starter in the SEC, and IMO wasn't enough time to show what he's really capable of. Any NFL team that would draft him at this point IMO would do it purely out of the raw potential that they see in him, but I don't know if they would want to invest in essentially developing him themselves. Unlike with Munnerlyn, Hampton hasn't established himself as a top CB in the SEC yet, but has time to do that (at least one more season), while unlike Gurley, Hampton is a starter and has all the opportunity to showcase his abilities in the top college football conference another season at least...
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #12543
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Greg Bryant Thread (2013 Prospect)

I cant figure out why some on here say he isnt a take..... I dont care how many RB's you have in a class, if the #2 RB in the country would come here....TAKE HIM. He is a 5 star recruit, He would be by far our highest rated recruit. Stars ratings are just that but a Five star player isnt a take???????? You guys do realize we have 0 five star recruits this year?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #12544
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
I cant figure out why some on here say he isnt a take..... I dont care how many RB's you have in a class, if the #2 RB in the country would come here....TAKE HIM. He is a 5 star recruit, He would be by far our highest rated recruit. Stars ratings are just that but a Five star player isnt a take???????? You guys do realize we have 0 five star recruits this year?
I don't think any of us are saying he isn't a take.....but there is a risk to going after him with respect to Williams. And there are other very important needs for us to fill as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:54 AM   #12545
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
He spent his true freshman season in 2010 as a red-shirt....he came in with Lattimore in the same class.....
You're right. I must be getting old. I don't remember him being here that year. Sorry C2.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #12546
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
and as far as Captain, I think most were upset with the fact that he basically gave up college and going to class his final (junior) year, which resulted in him being academically ineligible for the bowl game, and possibly the CU game as well (cant exactly remember)...

Most were thinking that one more year in college wasn't going to help Munnerlyn improve...he was already an all-SEC caliber CB. Tori probably thought another year at USC wouldn't help him because Alshon would still be there and he (Tori) would still be over-shadowed by him. Plus his age was also a factor....

Hampton IMO is still learning: this season was his very first as a starter in the SEC, and IMO wasn't enough time to show what he's really capable of. Any NFL team that would draft him at this point IMO would do it purely out of the raw potential that they see in him, but I don't know if they would want to invest in essentially developing him themselves. Unlike with Munnerlyn, Hampton hasn't established himself as a top CB in the SEC yet, but has time to do that (at least one more season), while unlike Gurley, Hampton is a starter and has all the opportunity to showcase his abilities in the top college football conference another season at least...
Captain was not ineligible for the bowl game or the CU game. That was Emmanuel Cook, who did seemingly give up on the team but is very pro-Gamecocks on Twitter so I believe he just really had his sights set on the NFL (even though he didn't get drafted, although he does play for the Ravens now).
Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 AM   #12547
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
5* player, #2 RB you can preach it all you want......the Coaches like David Williams better and I will take their opinion over yours or Rivals or Scout or ESPN

Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #12548
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Matt Rolin Thread (2013 Commitment)

Quote:
I don't know, I'll put DJ up against almost anyone.....but Matt is very impressive.
Today many don't wrap up, Seldom dose DJ. (lol DJ does that flying shoulder block tackle thingy) I know it's a lot easier to make tackles like that when your not being blocked all that well but, he does make the tackle and the ball carrier goes backward most of the time.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #12549
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Captain was not ineligible for the bowl game or the CU game. That was Emmanuel Cook, who did seemingly give up on the team but is very pro-Gamecocks on Twitter so I believe he just really had his sights set on the NFL (even though he didn't get drafted, although he does play for the Ravens now).
You're right...my bad. Captain and Emmanuel will always be joined at the hip in my mind, because they both came in together and were both under-rated DBs that excelled for us. I got them confused....
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #12550
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1160178
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
I know right. Playing in the SECCG, what a bummer! Don't make that mistake bro!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #12551
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

A UGA fan on rivals claims the switch is coming today.

*the guy is half a troll but in this case, it wouldn't shock me if he did switch today and its more of a matter of when - not if he chooses UGA

Last edited by EveryThingGreen; 11-20-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #12552
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
A UGA fan on rivals claims the switch is coming today.
Damn it.

Guess we had to think it was inevitable though.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #12553
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

So did the staff just give up on him?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #12554
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Tray Matthews, a UGA commit at Safety, is saying on twitter that UGA gets a big commit today. Some say it's Langley, some say Reuben Foster (Matthews' best friend), it could also be some uncommitted prospect (Monty Adams would be NICE) ir it could be a false alarm.

When it comes to kids "flipping", I usually take a wait and see approach; even if they're toying with decomitting, there are reasons they committed in the first place and more times than not they remember that. I won't believe it til I see it.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #12555
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Juwaan Williams Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
WR Juwaan Williams of Tucker, GA will make an unofficial visit to Florida State this Saturday for the Florida game. Williams has taken official visits to Notre Dame and Oregon and will take an official visit to Vanderbilt in January. At one point Clemson was on him and he planned to take an official visit with the Tigers, but Williams says things have cooled with Clemson and he's not sure about a visit there. He said he would be interested in visiting Clemson if his recruiter, Marion Hobby, got back in touch with him. Right now he feels Notre Dame and Oregon are recruiting him the strongest and he talks to them weekly. Williams does not have a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...684/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #12556
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC commitment DB Brendan Langley of Marietta, GA was back in Athens Saturday to watch Georgia's game against Georgia Southern. It's the fourth unofficial visit he's made this season to see the Bulldogs play. Langley is one of USC's highest rated prospects in the 2013 class but Georgia has made a big push for him over the past two months for football and basketball. He has met with football coach Mark Richt and basketball coach Mark Fox. Langley's only visit to USC was for the Georgia game. He has also talked with Gamecock basketball coach Frank Martin about playing for him as well. Langley also has visited Tennessee this season. Langley has refrained from discussing his recruiting in depth until his season is over, but when asked he has said he's still firm with the Gamecocks. Langley will be an early enrollee.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...701/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #12557
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Coach Martin might save this one!!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #12558
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

Rolin and Mitch need to get on this kid.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #12559
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit
Default Re: Matt Rolin Thread (2013 Commitment)

DJ is a great tackler - it's one of his greatest strengths. Nothing wrong with a big hitter.

How many times has he gone for a big hit on someone and missed and let them get away? Now compare that to anyone else in the country that starts on defense and see how many tackles they've missed while "wrapping up properly." And then compare how many times he's forced a fumble, incompletion, or knockback to prevent a first down by laying someone out.

Wish everyone could tackle like jungleboi.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #12560
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

If it happens, it happens. Recruiting's a gamble, and quite frankly there's no guarantee Langley works out for either Georgia or Carolina. I think back on all the coulda/shoulda/wouldas, and decommits we've had over the years only to look back and think, 'who the eff was that guy?'

Gary Gray comes quickly to mind.