CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
CockyLifer
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
AtlGAMECOCK
Nick29321
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1551)
The Field (1460)
Spurrier winning at (1099)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1015)
One of the great thi (924)
Anyone watching pti (894)
Defensive Backfield (818)
GAME (784)
Death in the family (692)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (652)
Conflict with Aggies on t
SDS/Garcia: Entertaining
Anyone watching pti
GAME
Defensive Backfield
One of the great things a
I hope Coach Spurrier get
Spurrier winning at footb
The Field
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu

Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #21
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 350 yards of total offense.

Sucks that Marcus still hasn't had a real shot against those Tigers. He didn't play much in 2010 because the coaching staff was saving him for the SEC Championship game, was out in 2011, and now out in 2012. The Tigers have been lucky.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #22
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
A team that was ranked 59th in the nation in total offense just put 48
pionts on Clemson. The Tigers score a lot of points on big plays because
Boyd is able to stand in the pocket and throw deep to WRs that run past
a schedule full of weak defenses. ..... THE ONLY WAY we lose the game
this Saturday is to pull another game out of our butts like the one we
played at Florida, and even then, I'm not sure that if we gave Clemson the
ball three times inside our own 20, that they could score TDs on our
defense. .......Still,

If we don't turn the ball over, Clemson will have to score 50+ on our offense
to offset the points we will score on their defense and Clemson ain't
anywhere close to good enough to do that. They will not score all day from
long range the way they do everyone else, because of the defensive
pressure he is going to be under for that game. They will not be able to
sustain several long drives against us either, to be able to score the
total points it will take to win the game.

I really am disappointed in the number of Gamecock fans I have spoken
to over the past few weeks who are nervous or scared about the game
this weekend. ......... CLEMSON WILL NOT SCORE MORE THAN TWO TDs
ON OUR DEFENSE SATURDAY !!!

South Carolina will be coming back to Columbia with the win, and the
State Trophy again Saturday night. Y'all trust me on this one... We are
Going To Win Saturday.

I agree. My only reservation is we haven't played well on either side of the ball since UGA and Shaw can't run like he needs to because of injury and hesitation. Having typed that, CU will struggle offensively kind of like the Oregon did against Stanford. Defense wins championships!
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
Spurrier isn't playing. Thats why all the coach drama isn't near the factor that you guys think it is. Now if one team gets the upper hand you can see the drama factor play in as both coaches would likely keep their foot on the accelerator.

Even though you crap orange and piss purple I totally agree.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

We gave up only around 100 yards of rushing and 493 yards of passing vs NCST. Shaw is not Glennon. We got pressure on Glennon but being that he is 6'7 he was able to still make pin point passes all day.

We had over 300 yards on the ground and 400 in the air. You just gave up over 250 yards on the ground against Wofford.

We are averaging over 200 yards rushing per game and about 320 in the air.

I think Clemson will be able to handle Shaw pretty well this year considering he isnt what he used to be getting banged up so much and our rush defense is getting better.

The best offense you have faced this year is TN at #23 and they gashed your team pretty dang good for 475yards so I suspect Clemson will do worse. We have faced 3 teams in the top 20 in offense this year.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
We gave up only around 100 yards of rushing and 493 yards of passing vs NCST. Shaw is not Glennon. We got pressure on Glennon but being that he is 6'7 he was able to still make pin point passes all day.

We had over 300 yards on the ground and 400 in the air. You just gave up over 250 yards on the ground against Wofford.

I think Clemson will be able to handle Shaw pretty well this year considering he isnt what he used to be getting banged up so much and our rush defense is getting better.

The best offense you have faced this year is TN at #23 and they gashed your team pretty dang good for 475yards so I suspect Clemson will do worse. We have faced 3 teams in the top 20 in offense this year.
Tennessee has one of the best offensive lines in the country. I don't know why I told you that because you don't want logical answers.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82

Clemson's defense is probably worse than TN and we put over 500yds on them.
TN O-line>Clemson O-line.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: 350 yards of total offense.

Quote:

I think Clemson will be able to handle Shaw pretty well this year considering he isnt what he used to be getting banged up so much and our rush defense is getting betterthe record, Tajh is not Glennon either.

For the record, Wofford almost beat you. Neither team's steeped in defending their triple option. Remember Georgia Tech? For the record, Tajh is not Glennon either.

Last edited by Garnet girl; 11-19-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Didn't finish
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #28
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
defense. .......Still,

Going To Win Saturday.

MY FRIEND, I COULD NOT HAVE STATED IT BETTER! GAMECOCKS WIN BECAUSE WE HAVE BETTER PLAYERS AND WE WILL PROVE IT SATURDAY!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #29
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:

Dude, NC State got boat raced by a UT team that ain't won an SEC game all year. As I have said to multiple taters this week, your ACC stats are meaningless.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #30
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetchicken View Post
Clemson's defense is probably worse than TN and we put over 500yds on them.
TN O-line>Clemson O-line.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
And TN D-line > clemtech d-line, fact.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #31
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Thanks to Clemson's fast tempo, we will see, imo, about 545 yards offense from SC on Saturday. Gonna make a few predictions right here:

At least 545 yards of offense for SC

SC will run more plays than they have all season in one game at an up-tempo pace.

The one time they kick to Bruce Ellington, it will cost them.

The one time we kick to Watkins, it will cost us.

At least two diffent tight ends for SC will catch touchdown passes.

Clemson will have more fumbles than SC.

Finally, Damiere Byrd will score.

That's 7 predictions. Let's see how many I can get right.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #32
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
defense. .......Still,

Going To Win Saturday.
I think the cut line is 30......but I believe our defense will be able to hold them under that. Their OL is not nearly as good as Tenn or Orky.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #33
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Thank you, these guys run their damn mouths after giving up 48 points to a sorry ass team. Clemson has faced one decent team the whole year and they lit Clemson's ass up like a Las Vegas billboard. Their defense is freaking horrendous.
shoulda been 52 points but nc state wr dropped a pass in the endzone with 7 minutes left in the game... the then stopped clemson and got the ball back. the game could have been different in every way if not for that drpped td
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #34
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Y'all take the smack talk to the smack forum !
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #35
cocksfan76
Blue Chip

Male

cocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his comb

Ha. Well timed Spurt

SEC Championship! 2013
cocksfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #36
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:

Keep it in perspective. NC State didn't put in big rushing numbers because they were so effective with the pass and because they were playing catchup most of the game with that bad defense. Their starting rb still averaged over 5 yards a carry and rushed for 100 yards. Yeah, we gave up big rushing numbers to Wofford but so does everyone. Your defense gave up over 270 yards rushing to them last year and would give up even more this year. Y'all outscore an average NC State team and think your on top of the world. The average total defense you've faced this year is 86. We are limping into this game but I wouldn't underestimate this team. Like I've said before, 90% of them have never lost to Clemson and are used to beating them by 3 tds every year.