CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
A. Pilgrim
gadeneer1986
doubledribble
Latt7more
Lonnie
B-G
Why is everyone anti (1920)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
How did we not make (1090)
Just thought of some (1013)
Miss St. defense (878)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (657)
Busta out indefinite (624)
SOS says his next st (621)
Our Road Upset Wins (457)
Lattimore to play after S
SEC Football Legend: Shel
Miss St. defense
Media tabs South Carolina
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
To ANYONE complaining abo
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Busta out indefinitely.
CBSSports SEC prediction
SOS says his next stop is

Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #41
gamecockgregg
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1700
gamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudly
Default Re: Weekly Presser @ begins at 11:15 am !

Who will be the qb? Connor or Dylan? Clemson has to prepare for both.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #42
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Need to give a little context for that. He was asked about it because of the difficulty of being a DC for a team that runs 100 plays per game. That is why he used GT and Wofford. It was not a jab.
I already knew that...just found it funny...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #43
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgregg View Post
Who will be the qb? Connor or Dylan? Clemson has to prepare for both.
I get the feeling it'll be Shaw. SOS leaving it vague to make Venables gameplan for both

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #44
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Ward made an excellent point. He KNOWS the tempo will be even faster. He said last year our crowd disrupted Clemson's formations, etc. He said this year we have to expect them to run plays very fast.

I'm betting we see plenty of Sutton and Fordham.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #45
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

If anyone on here actually believes they know who the quarterback will be clearly was not paying attention at the beginning of the year.
Emery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #46
jesse james
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

HBC = "limit their # plays"

This worries me . . . I hope he meant from the defensive standpoint, becuase if the offesnive strategy going into this game is that we will try to limit possessions with a clock-eating running game, we will lose. We must be able to stretch the field with at least the threat of a downfield passing attack.
jesse james is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #47
GamecockALAN
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 479
GamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post

This worries me . . . I hope he meant from the defensive standpoint, becuase if the offesnive strategy going into this game is that we will try to limit possessions with a clock-eating running game, we will lose. We must be able to stretch the field with at least the threat of a downfield passing attack.
Jesse,
The way I took it was 3 and out on O for them.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #48
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Besides, you know how Spurrier is. If we get down, he will start chucking it. No questions. But if we get a lead, I think he will go for a balanced attack and be in no rush.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #49
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:

If we can force them into multiple 3 and outs or short drives in general, then I have no problem with us eating up the clock with running, short passes, scrambles, as long as we are productive and score TD's. I think that's a great way to keep the defense rested and get Clemson out of their game. Clemson wants a shootout- that's the pace they're accustomed to.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #50
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
I get the feeling it'll be Shaw. SOS leaving it vague to make Vulnerables gameplan for both
Fixed it for you
Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #51
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

No dude, you have to run it down their throats and make them beg for mercy if you can. They've been a little better against the run lately but they were god awful early. Nothing takes the wind of your sails like getting smashed in a long power running drive. Not sure we can do it against anyone with our line and no lattimore, but if you can, you must.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #52
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

The answer to the game....... NO TURNOVERS by the Gamecocks. If we don't throw the game away, we will win easily.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #53
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:

When have we ever done this, this year? Of course he meant limit Clemson's offensive plays.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #54
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

YOU GOT TO WANT IT ,.TO GET IT..
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #55
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:

actually they go hand in hand. we'd like to run the ball, keep them off the field, and pick our spots to make big plays downfield. certainly we'd like to score everytime, but i dont think we want to get in a shootout with them. connor threw the ball 20 times last year and we scored 34 points. difference this year is connor isnt as effective of a runner for whatever reason and with no alshon theyre likely to gameplan around more around shaw.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #56
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
actually they go hand in hand. we'd like to run the ball, keep them off the field, and pick our spots to make big plays downfield. certainly we'd like to score everytime, but i dont think we want to get in a shootout with them. connor threw the ball 20 times last year and we scored 34 points. difference this year is connor isnt as effective of a runner for whatever reason and with no alshon theyre likely to gameplan around more around shaw.
what do you mean, "for whatever reason"? he has a fractured scapula and foot. do you think you could run against sec defenses with those injuries?
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote