CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
markymark550
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
robgusc76
CockTail
2014 Charleston Clas (3022)
The Defense (1916)
**USC Women vs. San (1895)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1541)
Women's soccer Sweet (1534)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1091)
USC/clemson spread (801)
In case no one saw.. (742)
injury report? (670)
Your favorite Greate (457)
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
**USC Women vs. San Diego
2014 Charleston Classic:
Question about after the
Tiger Burn
A little late to the conv
What Are Your Win/Loss Ex
Odell Becham Catch
For Discussing The Clemso
Beat Clemson

Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Langley decommits.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Posted this in the Proving Ground but Langely clearly - IMO - committed to SC as a move to try and hold his spot at a school he was considering. If you recall, in the summer there was a lot of talk regarding Bama, UGA, and Tennessee (Langley's top 3 schools) backing off of him and not wanting to accept his commitment and even read that he wasn't necessarily a take for SC. Then shortly after all this talk started, Langely became real high on SC almost out of nowhere and committed shortly thereafter.

All of that's a long winded way of saying that this isn't surprising and I don't know how much you can actually blame the staff for this when Carolina was clearly a back up option all along for Langley - though I certainly don't know what went on behind the scenes.
SMART EFFIN MOVE TOO! Carolina should have seen the writing on the wall quicker and said to this guy, 'adios!'
Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Carolina spoke to him before and after each visit. Try again.
Did they demand respect? Because I used the word 'and' to complete the thought. Obviously we pined for this guy when we should have cut his @ss loose.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Let me stop before I start sounding like my ego is bruised. LOL.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #24
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999760
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

HE is one recruit. He is not the enitre class or the key player for this class IMO.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
They have been trying to get Langley on Campus for weeks. Not sure what else they really could have done to make him come. The reason they pushed the Official to USC back was the fact Langley was supposed to take an Official to UGa after Langley took his Official to USC. USC wanted the last shot at him which most Staffs would want as well. Really nothing we did wrong. The kid has been looking to make this switch for some time. Nothing USC did wrong here imo.
See this is what I don't get...we have some very informed posters blaming the staff..now they know more about this than I do, a lot more..but what else could USC have done if he didn't want to visit? Can't very well kidnap him and bring him to campus. If they did at least push for him to visit and stay in contact then there isn't much else they could do imo. Sounds like he just preferred uga..which does suck. Oh well..4 in a row next year in athens should be fun
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Ridiculous... What the hell was the point of having all those recrruits for the UGA game and then blowing the shit out of them??? Looks like it helped us get one recruit (griffin) and lose another (langley), and now recruits etc seem to all have forgotten about our dominate win.. Once again UGA looks good bc of a piss poor schedule.. we play a tough one, lose two games, and are chopped liver apparently?

WHY a DB would choose UGay over USC (dbu) is beyond me.. especially one who talked us us up so much. Look at the track records please.. one team has multiple pro bowlers and starters, the other has Champ Bailey (old)

We needed needeed a big corner this class.. sigh. Really can't wish this guy well, not with how this turned out. I hope we absolutely smack him in the mouth
Old 11-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #27
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

We need to get some guys who are ready to log some snaps in the secondary, like now.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiggestSpur View Post
Posted in cock pit but apparently we can't post about our commits decommiting in there lol
Why would you even think that's a possibility when there's an entire board dedicated to recruiting?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Here's what they did wrong...

They should have cut him loose early on after it was APPARENT his undying love for Georgia was insatiable. Tell him 'good luck' and move on. This wasn't a sudden decommit, but rather a drawn out inevitability. Nothing sadder than trying to smile with egg on your face. Heck my ego is bruised right now!
Yeah he sort of played us the same way UGa played him. They got him after stringing him along. Very similar to the way they played Griffin.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #30
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Just go steal a CB from another school or jump on a highly rated, non committed guy. Pretty simple if you ask me.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Okay, wasn't Langley and Griffin sorta friends? If UGAY decides to accept him, is it possible he'll switch as well?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Just go steal a CB from another school or jump on a highly rated, non committed guy. Pretty simple if you ask me.
^^^ Yep.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Still have about 4 good Corners out there. Robbins, Likely, Williams, and Alexander. Personally I think Robbins would make up for losing Langley.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #34
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I think they'll try to make a last ditch effort to get Alexander. A few sites mentioned in the past after he decommited from Tennessee that USC could've been a BIG player for him. Grady Brown is his recruiter.

I also think Shedrick Williams will get a call.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #35
onamission
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
onamission has hatched from the shell

His situation always sounded fishy. Even if the coaches could have done more it seems like he always wanted to go to ugay.
If he comes here great. If not we will move on.
onamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #36
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You win some, you lose some.

Don't lose sleep over it guys.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #37
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Better he decommits now than in December, at least we have time to find a replacement. I just don't want the coaching staff to fill the spot with just anyone, if we can't get another good DB then fill the spot with another position.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #38
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I think they'll try to make a last ditch effort to get Alexander. A few sites mentioned in the past after he decommited from Tennessee that USC could've been a BIG player for him. Grady Brown is his recruiter.

I also think Shedrick Williams will get a call.
I agree on Alexander. He has had interest in us before so we need to make the move on him asap.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #39
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree on Alexander. He has had interest in us before so we need to make the move on him asap.
It would be big if we could get Alexander. He looks like a stud. Plus to steal him from Florida would be the icing on the cake.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #40
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Wish him luck.
If his heart isn't in being here, he doesn't need to be here.

Best of luck to you Brendan.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote