CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
garnet_black215
ecugrad
The Demise of the 3- (2222)
East Carolina Predic (1468)
Pirate Depth Chart (1322)
Why didn't Wes Green (1166)
A&M on 3rd down (569)
You guys are horribl (566)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (473)
louisville (414)
It's the offenses no (382)
All of our defensive play
East Carolina Prediction
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Watching the Georgia game
Name a Gamecock
louisville
What would be your defini
Eastern Michigan's Concre
THIS is why we don't give

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #941
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Mitch Thread (2013 Commitment)

His throwing motion is the #1 thing that sticks out to me. That over the top is pretty.

They'll have to work on his ball placement (get it higher) and ESPECIALLY his footwork but he has half of the battle won with that release.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #942
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
His throwing motion is the #1 thing that sticks out to me. That over the top is pretty.

They'll have to work on his ball placement (get it higher) and ESPECIALLY his footwork but he has half of the battle won with that release.
He floats alot of those deep passes to his WR's, but when his WR's 5-10+ yds behind the DB's, you can get away with that.

I did see him launch 4-5 true bullets tho.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #943
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I'm not worried about his arm strength. He has all the physical traits you ask for. Good size, nice arm, can buy a little bit of time with his feet.

Its the mental game and the fundamentals (especially with his footwork) that'll need to be emphasized.

He has a lot of promise, thats for sure.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #944
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'm not worried about his arm strength. He has all the physical traits you ask for. Good size, nice arm, can buy a little bit of time with his feet.

Its the mental game and the fundamentals (especially with his footwork) that'll need to be emphasized.

He has a lot of promise, thats for sure.
Call me cynical, but until this staff proves that they can develop a qb I'm going to hold on getting excited.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #945
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Call me cynical, but until this staff proves that they can develop a qb I'm going to hold on getting excited.
If Shaw had not played half this season with a fractured foot people would be singing his praises. He is not healthy and that is what has made him average.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #946
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
If Shaw had not played half this season with a fractured foot people would be singing his praises. He is not healthy and that is what has made him average.

Didn't realized that causes one to make mental mistakes and underthrow receivers and not let go of the ball
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #947
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
i completely agree
Old 11-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #948
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Didn't realized that causes one to make mental mistakes and underthrow receivers and not let go of the ball
No, it's his shoulder injury that makes him underthrow his receivers.

It's the combination of the injuries that's effected his mental game.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #949
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Pain is a funny thing.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #950
Lonnie
Band

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
No, it's his shoulder injury that makes him underthrow his receivers.

It's the combination of the injuries that's effected his mental game.
Agreed, 100%.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #951
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Not necessarily talking about Mitch here but moreso highlights in general, I wish people would include a sampling of incompletions/interceptions/other negative plays in highlight videos more often. Would make it much easier to evaluate players than the clips with nothing but throws lofted out there to wide open recievers.

ProFootballFocus.com
Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #952
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

When did he fracture his foot? I thought it was an ankle thing with him and Clowney was the one with the fracture.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #953
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Injuries not withstanding, I've said many times it seems like Shaw doesn't and hasn't bought into Spurrier's system. He waits for receivers to be wide open instead of either trusting his arm or throwing to a spot. I remember before that Spurrier said he coaches to throw to spots on the field with plays but it seems Shaw many times waits just a fraction too long.

I still think Shaw is an about average quarterback, but without his wheels I'm not sure.

Anyways, it's not just Shaw but the staff thus far has failed to develop a quarterback. Garcia being immature had some to do with that but he wasn't the only qb on the roster these past seasons. In almost a decade this staff has failed to produce a quarterback that has developed over the seasons. I would argue Shaw is just as good now as he was when he took the field against ECU many years ago, which isn't bad but still shows lack of development.

Maybe Mitch will be the exception to the rule thus far.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #954
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
When did he fracture his foot? I thought it was an ankle thing with him and Clowney was the one with the fracture.
Nah, he has a cracked foot. TBS revealed it not too long ago.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #955
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

I get so sick of fans bitching about Connor Shaw and calling him "average." It even shows up in threads about recruits!

Connor's passer rating is 3rd best in the SEC at the moment, behind only Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron. (Yes, his passer rating is slightly ahead of Johhny Manziel's, believe it or not.) In addition to his passing numbers, he's a tremendous running QB (far better than Murray or McCarron, although not quite as elite as Manziel in that area). He also happens to be 16 - 3 as a starter! It is an empirical fact that Connor Shaw is an excellent college quarterback...far above freakin' average. If I hear that Connor is "average" again, I'm going postal!

Last edited by Kazak; 11-20-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread