CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
QCB
gadeneer1986
So Disappointed With (2495)
Rank the QBs under S (1741)
Back like cooked cra (1368)
Who start on the d l (700)
No Comments on the H (695)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (222)
Gameday parking in A (157)
Vote For Cocky (108)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Why I think we beat Aubur

Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit
Default Re: cbssports.com bowl projections

It's Atlanta or Jacksonville imo.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #22
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
It's Atlanta or Jacksonville imo.
Yep... If Clemson does not get a BCS bid, it will almost for sure be Atlanta, unless the Outback takes us... Which I dont see
Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
They don't even know how it works..... If an SEC team makes the Championship game then the Sugar gets two at-large bids, they just always take an SEC team (if possible) because it makes the most sense...
Only if the team in the Championship game was the SEC Champion (not just any SEC team). Otherwise, the SEC Champion is locked into the Sugar Bowl.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #24
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I think Tampa is a good possibility.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

CockyCash: 500
AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

what if Southern Cal beats ND and Alabama beats Georgia in the SECCG and Florida and Alabama play in the National Championship game. Could we go to a BCS bowl game?
AstroCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #26
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCock View Post
what if Southern Cal beats ND and Alabama beats Georgia in the SECCG and Florida and Alabama play in the National Championship game. Could we go to a BCS bowl game?
For the love of God! There's only about 32384 posts that make it clear that 1 conference can only send 2 teams to a BCS bowl unless the two teams playing in the championship game ARE NOT conference champions.

So yes, the SEC could get 3 teams but it would take an absolute miracle for that to happen. I find it very hard to believe that you haven't seen this posted numerous times.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Florida is likely to get stomped by the noles, imop. Not to say that I think the noles are that good.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #28
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

win Tampa
lose Jacksonville
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #29
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Yep... If Clemson does not get a BCS bid, it will almost for sure be Atlanta, unless the Outback takes us... Which I dont see
If Clemson doesnt get a BCS bowl, I really doubt theyd match us up with them.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #30
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
win Tampa
lose Jacksonville
False. I have to disagree.

Win- Tampa
Lose- Atlanta
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb

Cotton would be awesome if Texas met up with a&m

"I am not a desert but a SANDSTORM builds within me"
Spurman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Louisville gets in as champ of the Big East....it's either them or Rutgers. What CBS had was crap. Florida is playing in a BCS bowl even if they lose to FSU. The computers have them #2. Hell K-ST is getting in a BCS bowl and they got blown out by a very average Baylor team.
Yup, just like when UCONN got there as a 6 win team against OU.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #33
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This only happens if FSU kills Fla......I think there is a good chance Aggies play in a BCS bowl because of Mansiel.
Disagree. I've been saying this for WEEKS now. The Cotton Bowl wants A&M to match them up against Texas.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
If Clemson doesnt get a BCS bowl, I really doubt theyd match us up with them.

True.... I goofed on what I said... If Clemson does not get a BCS At-Large Bid, by ACC rule... they have to be picked behind the ACC winner (Florida State) to go to the CFA... If this happens (Which I think it will)... we are destined to either end up in Tampa (Which I think they will pass on us).. or Jacksonville (Most likely destination)..

Either way.... Im going to support them by going to the bowl game.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #35
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Disagree. I've been saying this for WEEKS now. The Cotton Bowl wants A&M to match them up against Texas.

Agree with ya.... If I had a crystal ball... This is what I think will happen..

(If Alabama beats UGA in Atlanta, and Florida State beats Florida this weekend)

Sugar Bowl: Georgia
Cap-1 Bowl: Florida
Cotton Bowl: A&M
Outback: LSU
CFA: Mississippi State(Clemson would be their opponent)
Gator: Carolina
Old 11-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #36
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurman15 View Post
Cotton would be awesome if Texas met up with a&m
That is a certainty, it has been that way for several weeks now that Texas was going to play aTm. For the coming years if aTm isn't a BCS team you can bet they will be the Cotton's first choice barring they have less the 8 wins
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #37
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Honestly, I wouldnt mind the Gator. Sure it's a bit lower than we wanted, but it's close to home and hopefully we'd have a nice turnout.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #38
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Honestly, I wouldnt mind the Gator. Sure it's a bit lower than we wanted, but it's close to home and hopefully we'd have a nice turnout.

Id rather go to Jacksonville than Tampa.... Yes, Tampa is a "Bigger Bowl"... but you are still playing on New Years Day... still playing a Big 10 school.... and it is much closer... and maybe the kicker... we have not been there 3 times in the past 10 years...
Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #39
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Is it true that Tampa is still mad at us from 2008-09? I've heard they are since we didn't have a whole lot of fans come and our crap showing last time?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #40
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We will just have to see how it goes. A bowl win will be great, gator or outback.