CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
l^l^lBGCock
johnnyb
taylorssc
doubledribble
NAGamecockFan
QCB
ScottK
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Texas athletic director:
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
The Gator Bowl wants us!
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Thoughts on the basketbal
BAW

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #141
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Na'Ty Rodgers Thread (2013 Prospect)

I'd keep an eye on Mike Locksley (Maryland's ace recruiter) .. Dude is an absolute MONSTER on the recruiting trail. He probably saved Randy Edsall's job.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 09-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #142
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

I'm hearing he will be at UAB game
Old 09-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #143
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'd keep an eye on Mike Locksley (Maryland's ace recruiter) .. Dude is an absolute MONSTER on the recruiting trail. He probably saved Randy Edsall's job.
I remember in 2011 he had New Mexico very well in the game for Cyrus Kouandjio (sp?).

Hopefully we're able to hold him off and Na'Ty is a Gamecock.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #144
yFSC
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 480
yFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudly

Apparently he was he during the weekend & 247 has a little update about his experience. Anybody heard anything as to if he loved the visit?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #145
Reload
Sarcasm Champ

Male

CockyCash: 2025
Reload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his claws

We're still the big leader.
He's as close as you can be to actually committing without being a commit
Old 09-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #146
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Rodgers loved his visit as did his parents who joined him. they were impressed and got to meet with the coaches. He may be a silent commitment (I hope).
Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #147
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

He's a gamecock. He's just waiting for the Semper Fi All star game to commit. He does like Maryland a good bit, but was quoted by 247 saying that the Gamecocks are way out in front but he will certainly take a few more trips.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #148
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Hope our coaches can lock him down between now and the all-star game.

Have a good feeling here.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #149
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

He is announcing at the All Star Game unless something changes.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #150
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

he had a big time visit to Oklahoma
Old 09-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #151
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
OL Na'Ty Rodgers of Pomfret, MD made an official visit to Oklahoma last weekend, his first official trip. "It's a good place," Rodgers said of Oklahoma. "It's a nice campus with nice facilities. A lot of their linemen are athletic." Rodgers said he sat down with Sooners' coach Bob Stoops on Saturday. USC was Rodgers' favorite prior to that visit and he says that's still the case. "I'm not thinking about it a lot," he said. "I'm going to let the buzz where off and wait a couple of weeks. South Carolina still leads. Oklahoma is second." Rodgers made an unofficial visit to USC earlier this month and will return for the Georgia game. He has no other visits planned.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...819/-1/psports

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #152
scnative1
Heisman Candidate

Female

CockyCash: 32535700
scnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot material

How does a buzz 'where' off?

It's good to hear that we still lead!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #153
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
OL Na'Ty Rodgers of Pomfret, MD made an unofficial visit to Maryland Saturday for the NC State game along with some of his teammates. "I didn't talk too much to the coaches," said Rodgers who was making his first visit since his trip to USC for the Georgia game. He last talked with Gamecock recruiter GA Mangus last week and has the Gamecocks strongly out in front of Maryland right now. "It's an 8.5 to a 9," Rodgers said in describing the strength of the USC lead on a scale of 10. He's also considering Michigan and Oklahoma. Rodgers plans to take his official visit to USC in December before Christmas. He said he won't announce a commitment until the Under Armour game.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...957/-1/PSPORTS

Old 11-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #154
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

OL Na'Ty Rodgers of Pomfret, MD was at USC for the Georgia game and is considering a return trip for this weekend's game with Arkansas. "I might come down if my dad wants to visit," Rodgers said. "I want my real dad to see South Carolina." Rodgers' father is former NFL defensive lineman Tyrone Rodgers and he lives in California. He is coming to Maryland this week. Gamecock recruiter GA Mangus was by Rodgers' school Thursday. Rogers last game visit was to Maryland for the NC State game. He still has USC as his favorite ahead of Maryland. He has taken an official visit to Oklahoma and plans to set up visits with USC, Maryland and maybe Michigan. He won't make a decision until after the season but before the all star games.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...831/-1/psports
Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #155
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Landing this young man would cement a trend in our tackle/guard recruiting. The trend being guys that have nice length AND can still move their feet well. I know he's not 300lbs yet, but he has a hell of a frame. I'd expect a very mobile 6'5'' 290 lbs. by next Fall. Pretty useful package potentially right away. I just like that he's not limited by very much physically. One less thing that can go wrong in an O-lineman's development.

Also noticing from his vids he seems to be good at getting on the correct side of his man and sticking to him.

Last edited by HeadCockFan; 11-06-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #156
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
OL Na'Ty Rodgers of Pomfret, MD made an unofficial visit to USC this past Saturday with his father and older brother. It was his third unofficial visit to USC this season, and now his mother, stepdad and father have had a close up look. "It was good for him to be able to take a look around," Rodgers said. "It was the first time for him and my brother, and they really liked it." Rodgers said he talked with Steve Spurrier, Shawn Elliott and GA Mangus while on the visit. Rodgers has taken an official visit to Oklahoma and is set to visit Nebraska this weekend. He will visit Maryland December 8th, and his USC visit will be his last one in late December or January. USC is still the leader. "It's about the same," he said. "Nothing's really changed that much."
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...873/-1/PSPORTS

Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #157
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

So we get the last crack at him (OV) and lead? Hope to seal the deal soon!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #158
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Having that last OV is great.

I feel like we're in great shape here.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #159
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

He really likes that Maryland is moving to the Big Ten. Should we be concerned?
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #160
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
He really likes that Maryland is moving to the Big Ten. Should we be concerned?
I personally think he was being nice to his interviewer
Closed Thread