CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8055)
Super-Efficient Ax (334)
South Carolina @ Aub (288)
BREAD (269)
Starz Black Sails (174)
Dress shirt help (172)
BREAD
Connor Mitch
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?

Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 7905802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default USC vs CU 2011

Just re-watched the 2011 game, and Connor Shaw's running ability to me seemed to be the BIGGEST difference in the game....... especially in the first half (88 yards rushing).

I am concerned that Shaw physically may not be able to be as effective as last year.....

Also noticed that we had really good pressure on Taj Boyd when he tried to stand in the pocket..... Don't see him standing there this game......

We had 270yds offense in the first half, and held Clempsux to 80yds...... we need a similar performance to take the crowd out, and frustrate the Tigers who have lost 3 in a row......

Anybody else have any observations from last year?

Apparently the team who has won the Turnover battle has won the last 7 games in the series! Given our debacle at Florida, I believe extra emphasis needs to be placed on taking care of the ball on offense, and ripping the ball out on defense!

Finally, I realize MANY are terrified by the Clemson offense...... but for me, I worry more about our offense!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC vs CU 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Just re-watched the 2011 game, and Connor Shaw's running ability to me seemed to be the BIGGEST difference in the game....... especially in the first half (88 yards rushing).

I am concerned that Shaw physically may not be able to be as effective as last year.....

Also noticed that we had really good pressure on Taj Boyd when he tried to stand in the pocket..... Don't see him standing there this game......

We had 270yds offense in the first half, and held Clempsux to 80yds...... we need a similar performance to take the crowd out, and frustrate the Tigers who have lost 3 in a row......

Anybody else have any observations from last year?

Apparently the team who has won the Turnover battle has won the last 7 games in the series! Given our debacle at Florida, I believe extra emphasis needs to be placed on taking care of the ball on offense, and ripping the ball out on defense!

Finally, I realize MANY are terrified by the Clemson offense...... but for me, I worry more about our offense!
I believe we need to utilize the run game, then open up passing lanes, you know torch them deep with Justice or Ace
Old 11-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 7905802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacock View Post
I believe we need to utilize the run game, then open up passing lanes, you know torch them deep with Justice or Ace
You might be on to something....... throw the ball to the 3 TE's we have which are more than capable!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

I can see three things happening.

1. They completely blow us out
2. It's close, just like the UT game
3. It's like the Arky game. They put up a bunch of numbers. Score may look close.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I can see three things happening.

1. They completely blow us out
2. It's close, just like the UT game
3. It's like the Arky game. They put up a bunch of numbers. Score may look close.
pantera, we could also blow them out too. It could easily happen. Not saying it will and I am as nervous about this game as anyone, but it wouldn't surprise me.

If our defense really plays lights out, which they are capable, and we throw off Clemson's offense, they will get blown out. Clemson is not built to stay in a game where they are not scoring a bunch of points. They will completely break down if that happens. Too many quick three and outs, etc. which would lead to their defense just being completely overwhelmed.

It hasn't happened yet and I do give credit to Clemson for having a great offense, but if they find themselves in a game where they can't do anything on offense, they will get their doors blown off because they aren't going to stay in the game with their defense.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote