CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
Acockolypse Now
thekob
StormOfTalons
TAFC 5 1981
Master Bedroom
Mt. Lattimore
markp_vip
Rooster'srule
Spur's Addiction
Backup QB competitio (3407)
Anyone heard anythin (1887)
2014 Preseason USA T (1548)
Future Non-Conferenc (900)
Spurrier on the cove (588)
Musburger/Palmer to (570)
Kewl video (491)
Ranking the SEC scho (407)
Dustin Johnson takin (371)
Shaq R. (314)
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Anyone heard anything abo
SEC as Game of Thrones Ho
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Kewl video
Backup QB competition
2014 Preseason USA Today/
Random CFB Stats
An Aggies View of the Mat

Old 11-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #81
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb
Default Re: Gruden offered by Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
So? A guy I know has a high school championship ring. Doesn't mean he'll make a good COLLEGE coach.
Did you really just compare a Super Bowl ring to a state championship? The difference in your guy and Gruden is Gruden won at the highest level. Of course, hus SB Ring doesn't mean he would win in college, but recruits would give UT more consideration as they are going to listen to a guy with that kind of jewelry. Recruits could care less if you have a high school ring.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #82
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Yes, there is and he coaches a SC team in a weak conference and wears uringe.

Some NFL teams like Philly or Dallas will come after Gruden too. But, his MNF gig is very sweet with little pressure and less time commitment.
I don't think anyone thinks Dabo is real football coach. Everyone, including Clemson deep down, know he's a good recruiter but if Morris was gone and he was in control of the offense things might not be going too great.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #83
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Dooley got screwed

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #84
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Listen to my words.

I promise all of you that this is not a TN/ARK battle.

It is a TN/NFL job opportunity battle.

Arkansas is not an option.

How do you know and nobody else does? Not being a smartass........jus askin

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #85
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

These Vols fans are funny. Salivating over a guy like Gruden, who is going to build a "recruiting powerhouse" at UTK, and is going to dominate the conference.

I'll believe it when I see it. He's a name and a brand, sure. But as a coach, he left a HELL of a lot to be desired. His Tampa teams were absolute quagmires at QB. His system left many a player totally rattled, and unable to compete. The defense (Monte Kiffin, who y'all already tried) was what made those TB teams any good. When Gruden was running the show (after he had Rich McKay forced out of the GM chair), those Bucs teams were average.

To top it all off, that your university is donating money to the athletic department in such large quantities is positively shameful. The AD should exist to enrich and endow the university, not the other way around.

Hire Gruden. But I don't think it's going to be the home-run success that UTK fans are envisioning.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #86
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Well it would be a coup of a hire, but that doesn't mean it would translate into on the field success.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #87
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Cutcliffe just signed an extension through 2019

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #88
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He's too old now anyway, but I wonder what his buyout is for leaving, if anything. Not like duke is in a real strong negotiating position.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #89
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Cutcliffe just signed an extension through 2019
Cutcliffe is not even in the disussion.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #90
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

That smell I am getting a whiff of in this thread...yup.

Fear.

LOL, I honestly don't expect us to be able to in the end make this hire happen, but it is fun to speculate on.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #91
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:

Fear.

LOL, I honestly don't expect us to be able to in the end make this hire happen, but it is fun to speculate on.
Really bc yesterday you were all but saying it was a 100% done deal...
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #92
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cutcliffe is not even in the disussion.
Yea I know someone asked somewhere else what happened to him.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #93
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Gruden is there for the taking but it is the AD that MAY want someone else. He is getting alot of pressure from boosters to make the gruden hire. He wants a proven college coach and knows that chucky is a high risk high reward hire. If he gets pushed to hard on this he will walk.. Heard it from 2 people in the FSU ranks where Hart was at previously and the same thing just posted on Mr.Sec. I dont know who Hart may want but if it is anyone other than chucky the vol fans are going to run him out of town faster than kiffykins bolted. I said previously he has mismanaged this and if chucky was who he wanted it should have been a done deal the moment Dooley was let go. There was nothing to stop him from talking to grudens agent or a 3rd party. Something else is going on or it would be a fact already. It will probably still happen but something is holding it up???
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #94
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Quote:

Fear.

Us fear the Vols...UcheaT?/? Not in a number of years. The only names that may get some angst from USC fans are Petrino (not going to happen) & Saban (never going to happen).

Other than that, you can bring in whomever you want in Rocky Top...but you're still looking up to USC, Georgia & Florida in the SEC East.

Good luck with Vandy in the battle for 4th place in the East!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #95
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Really bc yesterday you were all but saying it was a 100% done deal...
That is what I am hearing from reliable people...but everytime I remove myself from the chatter and just think logically I can't believe it will actually happen.

I hope the people saying it is are right!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #96
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
Gruden is there for the taking but it is the AD that MAY want someone else. He is getting alot of pressure from boosters to make the gruden hire. He wants a proven college coach and knows that chucky is a high risk high reward hire. If he gets pushed to hard on this he will walk.. Heard it from 2 people in the FSU ranks where Hart was at previously and the same thing just posted on Mr.Sec. I dont know who Hart may want but if it is anyone other than chucky the vol fans are going to run him out of town faster than kiffykins bolted. I said previously he has mismanaged this and if chucky was who he wanted it should have been a done deal the moment Dooley was let go. There was nothing to stop him from talking to grudens agent or a 3rd party. Something else is going on or it would be a fact already. It will probably still happen but something is holding it up???
I am wondering if this Gruden talk is just smoke that Hart is allowing to be up so he can do his search and not have anyone trace what he really is doing.

Our VQ reporter (very reliable usually) said that while the Gruden interest/pursuit is real that our AD has also has had discussions with Jimbo Fisher, Bob Stoops and Charlie Strong and that they are all interested.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #97
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgibson75 View Post
Us fear the Vols...UcheaT?/? Not in a number of years. The only names that may get some angst from USC fans are Petrino (not going to happen) & Saban (never going to happen).

Other than that, you can bring in whomever you want in Rocky Top...but you're still looking up to USC, Georgia & Florida in the SEC East.

Good luck with Vandy in the battle for 4th place in the East!
I have to admit that as of this point you all have certainly passed us.

But depending on who we hire and who you replace Spurrier with, things could be very different in a few years.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #98
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

I still cant see Franklin going to UT. Just doesnt seem like he would do that but who knows money talks !!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #99
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I am wondering if this Gruden talk is just smoke that Hart is allowing to be up so he can do his search and not have anyone trace what he really is doing.

Our VQ reporter (very reliable usually) said that while the Gruden interest/pursuit is real that our AD has also has had discussions with Jimbo Fisher, Bob Stoops and Charlie Strong and that they are all interested.
I think that Gruden would make a huge splash in getting in top recruits. Now, would he be able to put together a top notch staff, resist the urge to bolt to the NFL or back to the booth, and put up with boosters and all that goes with being a college coach?
As for those who say he wasn't really that good of an NFL coach, Saban and Spurrier didn't exactly set the world on fire in the pros and they've done just fine.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #100
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
I still cant see Franklin going to UT. Just doesnt seem like he would do that but who knows money talks !!!
LOL why wouldn't he? It is a better program in every fashion except academically.

His agent has already been working the back channels trying to express interest in TN.