CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
WeStillOwnUSC
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
El Cid Ranger
B-G
eklypised
USCNowAndForever
Interesting quotes f (1919)
Have you ever been s (1166)
Tennessee Offense Br (768)
Key for 2015 defense (603)
Women's Team Ranked (455)
This season and recr (411)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (378)
Skai Moore out for U (359)
Lebron makes Clevela (311)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (206)
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Key for 2015 defense
Interesting quotes from D
Gamecockology Helms
Uniforms for Tenn
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Have you ever been so wro

Old 11-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #61
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who will be the next to join the SEC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocknva View Post
VT is never coming to the SEC as much sense as it makes for one simple reason. They're pussies. They love that soft ACC schedule and don't hide it.
Bingo! Beamer doesn't want other SEC schools sniffing around that Hampton Roads pipeline either. Beamer is a tool who likes feasting on cupcakes.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #62
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tom View Post
Poaching NCSU isn't as easy as you think. All 16 of the higher eduction institutions in the state of NC operate under "The University of North Carolina", and is ruled by a Board of Governors. I don't think the BOG would let them leave. See Chapter 116 of the NC General Assembly.

VT and UVA are tied at the hip in a similar fashion.

This is correct.
It will be VERY tough to get NCST due to how the system is setup.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #63
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Bingo! Beamer doesn't want other SEC schools sniffing around that Hampton Roads pipeline either. Beamer is a tool who likes feasting on cupcakes.
It hasn't really worked out too well for him this year, so why wouldn't he try to put the school in a position to improve itself? Sure they would struggle for a little while, but since they're already a national brand, it wouldn't take them too long to become relevant in the SEC. That can only help VT. Of course Beamer might be thinking more short-term than the rest of us are.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #64
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
This is correct.
It will be VERY tough to get NCST due to how the system is setup.
I'm not disagreeing at all, because I don't know how the system works in NC, but isn't there a problem with Tater Tom's post? If I were to guess, I would say NC has more than 16 colleges and universities. But I don't know for sure.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #65
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yeah, he means all 16 public institutions such as ECU and UNCC, UNCCH, UNCG, NCSU; they're all part of the UNC system. Obviously Duke and Wake aren't. I don't know that that would pose the primary impediment. i think the lack of interest in leaving would be the main obstacle. Hoops is king up here this side of ECU and it ain't even close. They would stay together and play roundball even if conference wasted away to another atlantic 10 basketball only league. It is like another planet and it is prime for the Carolinas only SEC school to pillage the high school talent. It should be so easy.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #66
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 800
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

Wake is not compatable , and I don't think you could seperate UNC and Duke. I think NC State is tired of being treated as the step-sister of the other ACC North Carolina schools.
As for VT, why not it would open the Va market, which would bring in more $$$$$, and isn't this what it is all about.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #67
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Personally I would like to have Clemson and NC State. It makes the most sense. I know Clemson would never happen, but they are already rivals with UGA and us. Our game with them would actually mean something every year. I also like playing NC State. They were not afraid to play a home and home with us.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #68
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
rivals with UGA and us.
They haven't played in YEARS! How is that a rivalry?
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #69
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This will never happen because of the agreement between Fla, Ga, SC, Kentucky and Tenn.....they will vote against any school coming from any of these states.
I think that's a myth. I heard about that, but it didn't include Tenn. It only included states that have a major school rival in another conference. (Both major Tenn schools are already in the SEC). But it looks clear that we are headed for FOUR big super conferences, each of 16 teams. That's 64 teams. So then the game becomes less about getting to 16...it's about getting the BEST 16.

If the SEC "HAS" to expand to get to 16 or more, why wouldn't any of the schools want to bring in a team (or two teams) that increase the value of the conference? Who gives the SEC more value...FSU or VT? FSU or WVa? FSU or NCSU?

Furthermore, now we have 14 teams. A 10 to 4 vote is a clear majority (that's over 70% of the vote). So don't be so sure that the FL-SC-GA-KY blockade would even be effective, if it were true.
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #70
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Personally I would like to have Clemson and NC State. It makes the most sense. I know Clemson would never happen, but they are already rivals with UGA and us. Our game with them would actually mean something every year. I also like playing NC State. They were not afraid to play a home and home with us.
I think making "sense" is not the name of the game. Making "dollars" is.
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #71
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

If we go to 16 teams... Here are your candidates (and in order)

Virginia Tech
NC State
Louisville

Florida State and Clemson will never be members, because Carolina, Florida and UGA have a pact to not vote them in...

Also, the SEC would actually like North Carolina as a member, but they will not leave the ACC until it falls apart totally...

With Maryland hauling ass.... eyes should be focused on Florida State... they are the other school in the ACC that voted against the $50 million dollar buyout... If they leave(which I could see happening).... they will take someone from the ACC with them to the Big 12... IMO: It might be Miami... I think Clemson wont ever leave the ACC until its damn near dead... the only conference Clemson would leave the ACC for is the SEC.... and they wont get that invite anytime soon.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #72
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

hmmm

Quote:
Hokies AD Jim Weaver says there "may be potential interest" in talking with the SEC about future membership. Defers comment otherwise."

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #73
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Where'd you get that quote?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #74
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

VT and WVU would probably be about the best case reasonable scenario. I don't see why we need 16 in any event unless they add more $$$ than their share of the revenues. Even then, money can't replicate the fanbase and local talent pools.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #75
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Where'd you get that quote?
https://twitter.com/TheClubhouseKB/s...69601989799936

Was on weekly call in show

#LukeForMod

Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #76
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
VT and WVU would probably be about the best case reasonable scenario. I don't see why we need 16 in any event unless they add more $$$ than their share of the revenues. Even then, money can't replicate the fanbase and local talent pools.
Wasn't WVU denied admittance by the SEC?

#LukeForMod

Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #77
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
If we go to 16 teams... Here are your candidates (and in order)

Virginia Tech
NC State
Louisville

Florida State and Clemson will never be members, because Carolina, Florida and UGA have a pact to not vote them in...

Also, the SEC would actually like North Carolina as a member, but they will not leave the ACC until it falls apart totally...

With Maryland hauling ass.... eyes should be focused on Florida State... they are the other school in the ACC that voted against the $50 million dollar buyout... If they leave(which I could see happening).... they will take someone from the ACC with them to the Big 12... IMO: It might be Miami... I think Clemson wont ever leave the ACC until its damn near dead... the only conference Clemson would leave the ACC for is the SEC.... and they wont get that invite anytime soon.
Louisville will never be in the SEC either.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #78
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

A little VA Tech noise

http://www.mrsec.com/2012/11/virgini...twitter-melts/
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #79
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

VT AD's comments were in response to a question about SEC interest in them and he poo-pooed the idea.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #80
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
So when the ACC collapses and they are looking for a new conference to join, youre expecting them to join Conference USA or something like that right?