CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
sporkgod50
GH
GoldenSpur7
b381l
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1746)
The #AskEmmert Q& (532)
Stadium Ratings-Site (360)
Peach Bowl name retu (253)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (252)
Construction of Worl (251)
Save Electricity By (203)
HELP calculating acr (177)
How Experienced In P (113)
Salut Salon "We (60)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB

Old 11-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb
Default Re: Clowney!! - Hell Yeah!!!

they have a great offense... but our D can shut down that ... its a given

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #22
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Weird question.. Do you think Clemson will hold less than our opponents in the SEC?? Which would lead to more difficulty for them against Clowney.

I think SEC O-lineman have gotten to the point now where they know they can hold. I mean it is pretty evident. Our opponents have only been called for holding twice in two years of SEC games. But it is like that with every SEC game and we all see the amount of holding that goes on.

So, in theory, do you think that Clemson's O-line holds less than SEC lineman because it is still called in the ACC? Or is it not called in the ACC anymore either?

Because Clowney going up against and O-line that wasn't holding him on every play would be a pretty scary thought.
SEC ref's, so yes, holding will be encouraged and allowed.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #23
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Yes, I got that part. I am just saying do you think that Clemson may attempt to hold LESS than our SEC opponents if they aren't used to getting away with holding like in the SEC?

Or is holding not called in the ACC anymore either?
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #24
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes, I got that part. I am just saying do you think that Clemson may attempt to hold LESS than our SEC opponents if they aren't used to getting away with holding like in the SEC?

Or is holding not called in the ACC anymore either?
they know what the deal is and will hold until its called. if it isnt... they will keep doing it. it will be just like every other football game for the past 130 years
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

[quote=cofcgamecock9;3560508]Weird question.. Do you think Clemson will hold less than our opponents in the SEC?? Which would lead to more difficulty for them against Clowney.

I think SEC O-lineman have gotten to the point now where they know they can hold. I mean it is pretty evident. Our opponents have only been called for holding twice in two years of SEC games. But it is like that with every SEC game and we all see the amount of holding that goes on.

So, in theory, do you think that Clemson's O-line holds less than SEC lineman because it is still called in the ACC? Or is it not called in the ACC anymore either?

Because Clowney going up against and O-line that wasn't holding
We get SEC reffs up there so there might not be holding rules.

Five SEC guys can't stop JD /or Devin. Their wing spread is too wide. This fan base is limping a lot more than our guys. They want to dominate. This team expects to win. They aren't afraid. The fan base is scared.
This sounds like last season. "Can Connor put up points. Can Alshon get open? Can we even think of running without Marcus."
This team intends to win.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

'Bout to go Aldon Smith on some fools.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #27
doccock
Super Doc

Male

CockyCash: 500
doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Exactly. SEC refs are the worst. I don't think they even have a rule book.
doc
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #28
unmeaty
Recruit

Male

unmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPit

Ooooh. I like that. I like that a lot.

Now I feel much better. Here kitty kitty...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #29
cheesebrger gcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
cheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudlycheesebrger gcock is crowing loudly

JD AFTER HIS FIRST SACK IN THE VALLEY

NSFW(language)
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #30
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebrger gcock View Post
JD AFTER HIS FIRST SACK IN THE VALLEY

NSFW(language)
I hope he quotes the last 15 seconds word for word.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #31
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

I'm sure Clemson's OL will hold, but they probably haven't perfected it as well as SEC OL so it won't make as much of a difference. Also, their OL is not as good as many of the OL we have seen so far.
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #32
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
roosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his comb

Quote:
From Josh Kendall..

"Clowney walked out of practice tonight and said, "100 percent Saturday. Put that in the paper." Then he said a bad word.

Now I am pumped up.. This is what I needed! Hell yeah!!!
TWEET THAT!....oh, wait...
Old 11-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #33
sparklecityspur
4-Star

Male

sparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurs

That's good to know, but I'd feel much better if it was Shaw saying it.
sparklecityspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #34
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
That will go well with this comment!
"We have faced guys like Clowney all year long FSU, MD, & Va Tech. It's not like he is superman or anything." -Dalton Freeman, Clemson Lineman
uhh - they haven't faced anyone like Clowney.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #35
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Oh god, they're tweeting now! Yep Clemson is already digging their own graves!
What type of stuff is being tweeted? I don't have twitter so curious to know what who is saying what.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #36
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklecityspur View Post
That's good to know, but I'd feel much better if it was Shaw saying it.
I would like for them both to be saying it. But Clowney being at full go is a HUGE deal. Especially in a rivalry game while he is the finalist for some major defensive awards.

A possessed Clowney is going to get his big plays.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #37
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post

hmmmmm....Anybody know where Clowney parks his Chrysler?? lol
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #38
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

Dalton should of talked to the Ugah o-line. I heard Boyd interviewed on clemsux radio say that as he goes, so goes clemsux. My guess is that Clowney and Taylor will put Boyd down ,ergo clemsux goes DOWN.
seamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #39
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I sure hope someone makes sure Jadeveon sees that comment! It will be like a scene from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #40
CockPitUsc01
THE PRODIGY

Male

CockPitUsc01 has earned his spursCockPitUsc01 has earned his spursCockPitUsc01 has earned his spursCockPitUsc01 has earned his spursCockPitUsc01 has earned his spursCockPitUsc01 has earned his spurs
Send a message via Yahoo to CockPitUsc01

This is how i imagine Jadeveon Clowney watching game film!!!
http://youtu.be/qy3CxhOPrd8
CockPitUsc01 is offline   Reply With Quote