CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
COCKYTALKIN
l^l^lBGCock
black_magic85
BiscoCocky
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
rolinb1
thekob
Spurrier: Davis May (5417)
TAMU Starting CB Out (3265)
Your SEC Standings P (1745)
Clowney possibly hur (1472)
an apology (1228)
Devonte Holloman Ret (1172)
Our players and the (966)
Aggie looking forwar (661)
Cockaboose Owners (643)
First "Carolina (552)
Tim Howard out
Devonte Holloman Retiring
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
New Sign at Williams Bric
Article on Shaw & the
and the #1 2014 acc must
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
As things currently stand
JD & DJ Getting Love
Your SEC Standings Predic

Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #161
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb
Default Re: Too many Gamecock fans underrate Connor Shaw.

I have rooted for Connor,and will continue to do so as long as hes our quarterback, but I came to the conclusion last year that he may never be comfortable pulling the trigger. I mean, if you don't even trust alshon to make a play who the hell are you gonna trust?

Haven't been crazy about him playing injured either when I believe we do have a competent backup. Like Vanderbilt, for instance. While everyone else seemed to be applauding him for being wartier, I thought him coming in and out of the game actually hurt us, because we were never able to get in a rhythm with one quarterback. I feel likethat game set thetone for the rest of the season because we've never really established an identity on offense.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #162
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

What would you guys consider Shaw's three worst performances?

The reason I ask is that I have a hunch that he followed up each of those with a very good( and winning) showing. Shaw is the type of qb that takes the coaching and goes back and works on those little things. He's a coaches' son.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #163
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

I think Connor shaw is exactly what we need right now! And a repeat of his performance last year against Clemson would be outstanding to see! Lets stay behind our players and let them know we believe in them
Old 11-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #164
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 100000200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduff32 View Post
I think Connor shaw is exactly what we need right now! And a repeat of his performance last year against Clemson would be outstanding to see! Lets stay behind our players and let them know we believe in them
Re-watched last years game last nite...... Shaw had 88yds rushing in the first half....... if he even comes close to matching last years performance...... we win this game!

I do believe however the key to the game, is making sure that Taj Boyd is not comfortable....... if he is comfortable, and can dictate to our defense, will be a long night! Our coaches and players know this....... which is why I believe we win! Clowney will be rabid after a week off....... and I believe Jerideau, Quarles and Taylor will be ready as well! And if we need to, we will add another rusher just to ensure Taj is not comfortable! Hopefully the coverage on the back end holds up! Auguste, Hampton and Swearinger have big games!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #165
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonyg View Post
do you guys think connor's any sort of a running threat this weekend? is the injury maybe not as bad as advertised and we are playing coy? just curious

The only games where Connor has been reasonably healthy and played like it was Mizzou, UK and UGA. He was dinged up before and has been dinged up worse since. You can see it when he runs. He hasn't run with authority since the UGa game. That takes away his effectiveness.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #166
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

According to the Tiger's site Shaw won't be a factor because Chad K is better and he's on their scout team so they practice against him.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #167
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Chad K is better than Connor? At what, rapping? Tweeting bs? Now that, my compadres, is a special kind of stupid from a special fan base...
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #168
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

lol @ Red Devil getting banned. I feel kind of bad now.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #169
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
The only games where Connor has been reasonably healthy and played like it was Mizzou, UK and UGA. He was dinged up before and has been dinged up worse since. You can see it when he runs. He hasn't run with authority since the UGa game. That takes away his effectiveness.
And this is my big concern, that on a bad wheel, he becomes just a much more average quarterback. He TORCHED the taters last year with the run, but can he do it again Saturday? Maybe he won't need to if our receivers get open early and often.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote